My employer doesn't support BlackBerry either as of last Friday. Had my Z30 hooked up via active sync and now nothing. IT just said get a different phone. Can IT disable my phone from active sync?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 02:37 PM
    My employer doesn't support BlackBerry either as of last Friday. Had my Z30 hooked up via active sync and now nothing. IT just said get a different phone. Can IT disable my phone from active sync?

Posted via CB10
    Yes they can, but that would mean they would be specifically targeting you and your Z30. Does your company allow or have a BYOD policy? If that's is the case then they are missing the point of BYOD if they only allow iPhone or Android. Are they using an MDM solution to manage mobile devices? If so that may be an issue. Maybe you can get them to clarify what they mean by non supported. Specifically ask them if they support Active-Sync and if so let them know that your Z30 supports it. In fact BB10 supports Active-Sync better than some iPhones and Android devices I have had to set up for our users.
    01-06-14 03:18 PM
    My company stopped supporting BES on my Bold 9900. I bought a new Z10, loaded the latest leaked OS (10.2.1.1925) then installed GOOD (my company's e-mail solution for Android phones). Voila - supported company e-mail on a not supported BlackBerry 10 phone!

Posted via CB10
    HotFix, jpvj and howards like this.
    01-06-14 03:36 PM
    My company stopped supporting BES on my Bold 9900. I bought a new Z10, loaded the latest leaked OS (10.2.1.1925) then installed GOOD (my company's e-mail solution for Android phones). Voila - supported company e-mail on a not supported BlackBerry 10 phone!

Posted via CB10
    LOL! I love work around like that.

Now get them to look at BES 10. :-)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-06-14 04:01 PM
    They have let people use iPhones in the last 6 months. My guess is they have a new MDM in place while only supporting legacy blackberries. I did ask why I can't use active sync. Didn't get an answer. Other than how I added the phone to the business account in the first place.

I told them I am getting an iPhone and let me know the settings to connect. Hopefully, it will work on the Z30 because I am not switching. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix, howards and pmccartney like this.
    01-06-14 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes they can remove the Active Sync association between your phone and Exchange, they can specifically block the device from ever connecting again, or they can stop your mailbox from being able to use Active Sync with any device.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:21 AM
    They have let people use iPhones in the last 6 months. My guess is they have a new MDM in place while only supporting legacy blackberries. I did ask why I can't use active sync. Didn't get an answer. Other than how I added the phone to the business account in the first place.

I told them I am getting an iPhone and let me know the settings to connect. Hopefully, it will work on the Z30 because I am not switching. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    If you hit problems trying finding out what MDM solution they are now using and see if you can get the Android version of the client for the MDM to work on your Z30.

Do a Google search on how to get Android .apk files, convert them to BB10 .bar files and sideload them to your phone. All the info you need is here in CrackBerry's articles and the forums.

Alternatively just wait for BB10.2.1.x to be officially released for your Z30 and use something like Snap to get the MDM client Android app downloaded from Google Play and installed on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:25 AM
    RE: "What does it mean if I got an email from employer saying that BB devices will no longer be supported?"

ANS: It means that, it is time to change the employer...

And "will no longer be supported" makes it ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:31 AM
    RE: "What does it mean if I got an email from employer saying that BB devices will no longer be supported?"

Posted via CB10
    I have to say I've heard some petty and stupid reasons for people quitting their job, but if it's a job you enjoy doing and you quit because they won't allow you to use a particlar type of smartphone then that is idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 06:19 AM
    Hey all

Thanks loads for the advice. According to the mailer, support will cease on 9 Jan. Let's see what happens then.

For the time being, it sounds like it might probably work!

Posted via CB10
    Half of 9 Jan has now passed..... just crossing my fingers here that it will continue working!!!!
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-09-14 03:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good to k

Posted via Z30

Edit: oops. Post got interrupted by cat in photo. ;-)
    Last edited by Doolittle2; 01-09-14 at 05:49 AM.
    01-09-14 05:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good to know that works. I will definitely give that a try when my Z30 is running 10.2.1, but I will wait for the official release. I use my Z10 for leaks since I don't trust myself to mess with my primary phone.

Posted via Z30
    01-09-14 05:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I decided it was a lot easier to buy an iPad mini for work, rather than give up my pension...

Posted via Z30
    paper_monkey likes this.
    01-09-14 05:46 AM
    I decided it was a lot easier to buy an iPad mini for work, rather than give up my pension...

Posted via Z30
    I think it's funny that your employer would rather you be less productive than support BlackBerry. If you had BlackBerry email then you can reply almost instantly but since now you have to use an iPad your replies could be delayed hours.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:44 AM
    Use what ever emm solution they use for Android. That's what I did

Sent by the worlds best phone the Z30
    01-09-14 09:58 AM
    My company still on BIS..

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    01-09-14 10:01 AM
    My company still on BIS..

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    So they are still on BlackBerry OS 7 or earlier devices? Ugh...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-09-14 10:17 AM
    Half of 9 Jan has now passed..... just crossing my fingers here that it will continue working!!!!
    My Z30 can no longer access the exchange server!!!! ARGH!!!
    01-09-14 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Should have said android

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:30 PM
    I got one for you. My company, a very large global firm, supplies BlackBerry phones to any manager that wants one. About a year ago we came online with bring your own device using the Good interface. Guess what? BlackBerry is not supported! Although the firm supplied devices don't require Good since they are on BES10, I just find it ironic that we don't support BlackBerry with our BYOD program. I'm in IT and one of my buddies is the program manager for our BYOD. I told him I can load Good on my BlackBerry and if I could just try and see if it would work. He said that even though I can load the app that it still won't work because the device is a BlackBerry. Now that's crazy

Z10
    01-09-14 08:02 PM
    Hi guys

My first post here though I have been lingering for some time.

Firstly, I just wanna say "I LOVE THE Z30!!". Had been an iOS and Android user for some time, but took the plunge about 3 weeks back. This phone is simply understated, and the BB10 is simply amazing. I just don't understand why this is not getting the attention it so deserves.

Unfortunately, I just got a mailer from my company's IT support that Blackberry devices will no longer be supported and will not be able to receive emails or calendar events.

I am now truly devastated.

Question: I thought BB10 does not use BIS, and since it supports Microsoft Activesync, why shouldn't Z30 be supported? I would think that it falls under the category of BYOD and it should continue to function (I.e. Continue getting emails and calendar events).

Anyone care to share some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can quite easily use MS Exchange server and get decent syncing for email. It is NOT as robust as BES, but it does work. I'm not sure if your company offers that, but it seems to be pretty commonly used.

Your IT department may be implying if you have a problem with a Z, you're on your own. I don't know how significant that is because I don't know what type of applications they may have installed on your phone. If you bought it yourself and there's no special customization done by your IT department, I would just use it and ask for the few bits of info you need to set up MS syncing.

Hope you work it out!

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    01-09-14 08:09 PM
46 12