So in as short an explanation as possible, what the heck is the games icon for?

it's the one you register for and seemingly opens all the time when I opt to play certain games.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:56 PM
    There are a certain collection of games that tie-in to BBM and allow you to share scores and such with other users.

They seem to be from different developers, what I think the common thread is is "Scoreloop", which I think is the network link aspect or something. BlackBerry sponsors them I believe.

The games I use that are part of that are Doodle Jewels and FruitBlitz.
    12-10-13 11:23 PM
    For a nuisance.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-13 03:59 AM
    Side load the BAR file to be able to delete it from your phone.
    12-11-13 06:05 AM
    It's a Game Center kinda app. It ties in with games and BBM to form some kind of social gaming app. It has Scoreloop built-in, a company and software of the same name that was acquired by BlackBerry back before BB10 was launched. It shows games (the ones that have Scoreloop integrated) and holds user highscores so you can compete and also see what games and achievements your friends have unlocked. Fairly neat app if you like competing with friends. If a friends doesn't ever open his Games app, he won't know that you are playing it, because Scoreloop asks if you want to show your score on your BBM status or not.

Not everyone likes it and there is a method to remove it, but I just found out yesterday that removing it may render some games useless (i.e. PacMan, keeps crashing if you remove the Games app).

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:13 AM
    This sucks. I wanted to delete it. I guess I will have to log in to the damn service then.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:44 AM
    It uses your BBID and it doesn't open on its own. Far from being a nuisance. It's awesome and lets you compete with friends. After all, BlackBerry is about staying connected.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-11-13 11:40 AM
    Mine opens on its own.

Everytime I open pacman for example, the damn games thing opens and asked me if I want to register or not.

Obviously I have not registered and always say 'no thanks'

Maybe if I do resister it will **** off and leave me alone?

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-11-13 11:53 AM
    Mine opens on its own.

Everytime I open pacman for example, the damn games thing opens and asked me if I want to register or not.

Maybe if I do resister it will pi$$ off and leave me alone?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:53 AM
    Mine opens on its own.

Maybe if I do resister it will **** off and leave me alone?

Posted via CB10
    I read into what Shifty88 said and went into the games app and followed the instructions. Now, after I open PacMan it doesn't show up & we don't have to add friends !

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-11-13 01:04 PM
    When it comes to icons you don't like, there are a variety of things you can't actually delete, including certain apps that your carrier might impose on that software build, so most of us just create a folder called "Unused" or something, put them in there and forget about it. They don't take up much actual storage space on the device.
    12-11-13 03:12 PM