Earlier this evening I went to open a document on my Z30 in the documents folder. Nothing would open. Pictures wouldn't open either. I rebooted the phone and looked at the card with file manager and everything was gone. The folders were there but nothing else. Luckily I had my old 32 bg card and probably only lost a few weeks of photos. Nothing life or death and I do back it up daily often ( a lot more often now). The card was Transcend 64gb card that was on sale at amazon a while back. the card is showing as empty except for the extra data. Anyone ever seen this happen before? Really weird and proof how important backups are.
    09-24-14 10:22 PM
    My 64 gig SanDisk card screwed-up in my z10 a few weeks ago. Couldn't open anything. Put the card in a computer and everything was there. Ended up copying everything off to the computer and then formatting the card in the phone. Then I transferred everything back.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-24-14 10:54 PM
    This happened to me few days ago. Took sd card out to transfer files in my mac but when I put it back in nothing would load. Backed up my card to my PC, formatted the card, moved files back on and then it worked. Pain in the ****.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:58 PM
    Wish mine did that. Everything was just gone. Didn't show up on phone or computer. It's as if I had formatted the card except there were 2 small videos left in a file. Kind of glad of that as I was wondering if I had a "senior " moment and did something I didn't remember. I formatted the card and will try it again but I have backups of my backups now. All just weird.
    09-25-14 12:18 AM
    Sometimes those cards throw errors after the phone has been dropped. Mine slid to the floor and the 64GB card was wonky. Had to move everything over to my PC and reformat and then it was ok.
    09-25-14 05:47 AM
    Happened to me too once with my z10 and a 16gb card. I could recover the data (after the z10 formatted my card) through some recovery software on my windows machine though.
    09-25-14 08:58 AM
    My 64 gig SanDisk card screwed-up in my z10 a few weeks ago. Couldn't open anything. Put the card in a computer and everything was there. Ended up copying everything off to the computer and then formatting the card in the phone. Then I transferred everything back.

Posted via CB10
    My SanDisk 64gb extreme plus having the same problem, it was fine on my z10 but having problem recently. When i upgrade to z30, i had tried format it in camera, on window with extFAT file system and it is the same, the pain is i am on vacation Now and it acting make me sick. I went to BestBuy yesterday look for a new mcSD card and they only had SanDisk brand so it was not worth the try. Dont know what esle i can do now.
    09-25-14 09:33 AM
    I've gone back to my old 32gb card that has been solid as a rock. I backed everything up and set my box app to automatically upload new pictures. Luckily I didn?t lose to much and some important pictures I sent to my wife so she has them. Kind of dodged a bullet but it's still a pain in the ****. Can't even trust the name brand cards it seems.
    09-25-14 06:35 PM
    I am having problem on the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card. Loses all photos & pictures.
    09-25-14 08:43 PM
    Hi to everyone,
    Does somebody has a solution to this problem?
    Have the same issue with my 64GB SD in my Passport.
    Luckily my computer still could read the SD.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:51 PM
    Same thing here on my Z30 a few weeks ago with my Samsung SD card. It was having problems playing some songs so I rebooted the phone and then it couldn't see any.

After much troubleshooting and 0 progress, I ended up formatting my card in my phone. I couldn't use the move to a computer trick as the card was encrypted and the phone wouldn't decrypt in that state. Luckily I sync most of my stuff pretty regularly so I only lost a couple of photos (it still sucked losing them so now I have everything BlackBerry Link synced).

Odd thing is the format in the phone would not make the Samsung card useable. I had to format it in the computer using the SD consortium's format utility to get it to work. At that point it seemed to be working but randomly folders would disappear when it was in the phone (I thought I was imagining things at first). Put the card back in the computer and it was fine and I could see everything.

I eventually gave up on that card and went back to a SanDisk card that had given me some issues in the past and so far everything has been fine.

This was all on a later build of 10.2.1. I would like to point out that BlackBerry recently rolled out an update to the ExFAT driver that came with 10.3.1. I don't know if this made it to 10.2.1 as well, it should have as it fixed the BlackBerry Link remote access to the SD card, but hopefully they improved access to the file system in general as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-02-14 05:41 PM