So I got my new z30 today and I cannot get my microsoft webmail exchange account to sync. After some reading it is my understanding that the older BB's can sync with webmail/owa's but the newer BB10 phones cannnot. Is this correct? I have to wait until monday to see if my company supports activesync i guess. What is activesync, is this like a setting they turn on in your email account so that you can remotely access? just curious because I have never had an issue getting my older BB's synced using the webmail info but it just wont work for the z30............... Love this phone but had to reactivate my old one as I cant be without work email until the IT dept comes back on monday
    02-22-14 05:45 PM
    You are correct in that you cannot use Web mail as an email syncing mechanism on the BB19 devices.

With Exchange you should use either ActiveSync (which is the preferred method as it was designed for mobile device email and calendar syncing) or IMAP.

ActiveSync is on by default for everyone but a lot of work sites turn it off as a "security" precaution. Even if they left it turned on, they may have to configure some back end server stuff to make it work properly over the Internet.

You can use the following website to see if ActiveSync is enabled for your use and if your admins leveraged something called Auto Discover so your device can automatically find the necessary server address:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Good luck!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-22-14 09:19 PM