Anyone know if the z30 from Verizon came with one of those sticky things on the lens Bla1ze said are so tricky to remove? I can't remember removing the plastic off the lens. I thought it was one big piece of plastic over the whole thing.

I'm picking at it but not sure there's anything there.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    Last edited by baspeed; 12-02-14 at 04:46 PM.
    12-02-14 04:11 PM
    You'd know if one was there from image quality, but take a pencil eraser to it gently. If there's a protector, it should loosen it up easily.
    Ecm, DaFoxGrey and dangerousfen like this.
    12-02-14 05:18 PM
    You'd know if one was there from image quality, but take a pencil eraser to it gently. If there's a protector, it should loosen it up easily.
    Between you me and everyone who reads this I feel my BlackBerry Z10 took better pictures. I don't feel a cover or plastic over the lens cover. I was just wondering if anyone with a verizon z30 phone had to remove it. Just a single cover to the camera lens.

12-03-14 10:06 AM
    Just tried it again. I can feel a ridge all around it but so afraid I'm gonna scratch it. I took a little pic and I feel the ridge but it doesn't come up. I can also feel a line between flash and camera. Anyone else feel the line between camera and flash?

12-03-14 10:10 AM
    Just tried it again. I can feel a ridge all around it but so afraid I'm gonna scratch it. I took a little pic and I feel the ridge but it doesn't come up. I can also feel a line between flash and camera. Anyone else feel the line between camera and flash?

Yes, there is a division between the LED and camera lens on the material that covers those.
    I do not remember mine coming with a removable plastic film cover on the camera/LED cover.
    If you still are unsure, remove the back cover and inspect it with a magnifier, as you will be able to see the profile of the lens material that way.
    BigBadWulf and Carl Estes like this.
    12-03-14 10:15 AM

Pull pull pull pull pick pick pick, lol. J/k. I just see you picking at it and screwing with the lens. Don't push it if you don't see it, plain and simple.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-03-14 10:17 AM
    Yeah, like BigBadWulf said, if you are thinking there is a "screen protector or removable film cover" just rub it with a pencil eraser.
    If one is there, the eraser will peel it off fast, if there isn't one, the eraser wont hurt the existing finish.
    Just use a regular, soft, pencil eraser.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-03-14 10:28 AM
    I have both phones here, and don't see any difference in image quality. The Z10 has better pixel density. Maybe that's what you are noticing. IIRC the hardware is exactly the same.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-03-14 10:46 AM
    I have no idea about Version but my Z30 unlocked takes good pictures. I remember removed plastic cover the whole lens. Here is picture I took at Walmart store yesterday.

Watching Bla1ze remove the lens protector-img_20141201_174835.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:56 AM
    Between you me and everyone who reads this I feel my BlackBerry Z10 took better pictures. I don't feel a cover or plastic over the lens cover. I was just wondering if anyone with a verizon z30 phone had to remove it. Just a single cover to the camera lens.

My STL100-1 took better pictures than my STL100-2 and STA100-2

And yes, my Z30 came with this plastic cover on the lens

My Z10/Z30 photography channel
    12-03-14 11:02 AM
    I wondered the same thing about my unlocked z30. From what I could tell there wasn't one.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:16 AM
    I have no idea about Version but my Z30 unlocked takes good pictures. I remember removed plastic cover the whole lens. Here is picture I took at Walmart store yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141201_174835.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	318422

Posted via CB10
    WTF?! Am I reading the words in that Whey Protein correctly?

"Body ... For TREES" (or TRESS? if tress who the hell is tress)??
    ^ if it does say '... for trees' then I suggest you read the ingredients and take it back and check other products to see if mispelling is there. I've been up having seriously happy times all-night-long so take this post as ridiculous ... I've got googly happy eyes so just thinking aloud.
    12-04-14 11:55 AM
    Fortress is where an army can hide

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-04-14 11:57 AM