So after I installed 1055 on my phone, I figured it would be time to finally upgrade to an SDXC card. But boy-oh-boy I was wrong.
    After the initial nightmare of just getting my SDXC card to work (easy as put it in a Z10 running SW 10.2.0.424 or downgrade with the Z30 and do it that way), I was finally ready to rock. It was working completely fine and issue free for about 2 weeks until yesterday. I took a picture of my new snake (I'd show it if it weren't for my problem) and when I went to go view it, it was all pixelated and not in focus. So I left it alone. Came back an hour later to send the picture to a friend and now the image wouldn't even display, so I thought maybe this leak was having issues. Shut off the phone, removed the card, turned on the phone and reinserted the card. Now, ALL of my pictures are gone and everything else I had on my SDXC card except my music.
    This is just straight ****ed and while for me the enhancements of 1055 prevent me from wanting to downgrade, I just thought I would warn others who are wary about installing 1055 with an SDXC card.
    12-02-13 07:02 AM
    So after I installed 1055 on my phone, I figured it would be time to finally upgrade to an SDXC card. But boy-oh-boy I was wrong.
    After the initial nightmare of just getting my SDXC card to work (easy as put it in a Z10 running SW 10.2.0.424 or downgrade with the Z30 and do it that way), I was finally ready to rock. It was working completely fine and issue free for about 2 weeks until yesterday. I took a picture of my new snake (I'd show it if it weren't for my problem) and when I went to go view it, it was all pixelated and not in focus. So I left it alone. Came back an hour later to send the picture to a friend and now the image wouldn't even display, so I thought maybe this leak was having issues. Shut off the phone, removed the card, turned on the phone and reinserted the card. Now, ALL of my pictures are gone and everything else I had on my SDXC card except my music.
    This is just straight ****ed and while for me the enhancements of 1055 prevent me from wanting to downgrade, I just thought I would warn others who are wary about installing 1055 with an SDXC card.
    No problem here with my 64GB SDXC card and 1055..try reformatting the SDXC.
    12-02-13 08:28 AM
    You upgraded two things. OS and SD card. How can you say for sure this was not a card failure? I have a 64gb card with 10.2.1 and zero problems.....

Posted from the Amazon on my Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-02-13 08:35 AM
    Working just fine here as well on all our devices - ... no idea what happened in your case.. but - in the past I have had issues with different SD cards - they are far from robust - and you should NEVER rely on any SD card to store things over time - Never... The smaller the cards the more fragile they are. So I doubt your issue has anything to do with the 1055

On BB10 you now have a feature that could have prevented this happening... when you set up a Box account - you can have that Automatically copy any new pictures you take with the phone camera - to the storage cloud. I know this would not bring back any of your lost pictures - but it can be a lifesaver moving forward...
    12-02-13 09:12 AM
    SDXC card in my Z30 and no issues here either on .1055 ...
    12-02-13 09:26 AM
    We should post what card type/size/speed that work to help each other out.
    Mines a 16bg Kingston SDHC
    12-02-13 10:50 AM
    32 gb SDHC Sandisk working since day 1 of Z10, including the past 3 weeks of 1055
    12-02-13 10:55 AM
    We should post what card type/size/speed that work to help each other out.
    Mines a 16bg Kingston SDHC
    always go for the fastest you can afford... Class 10 UHS-1 is a good minimum start for SD cards that should work for pictures and movies

But - the quality of the chips are very different - and not only connected to brand... We have in general had a lot more strange issues with the mini/micro versions of SDXC/SDHC than on the non micro/mini version. So smaller size is not always a better thing.. :-)
    Last edited by Morten; 12-02-13 at 11:16 AM.
    12-02-13 11:05 AM
    ZERO BIG issue here as well as other have stated. 64 gb Micro SD Ultra Sandisk (red/grey) on 1055 working perfectly.
    12-02-13 11:07 AM
    there was a thread were some dudes discussed about WHICH exactly cards (SDXC) are not compatible with BB... some of them had to uses exFat only?

so it would be great if you'll write, which 64 GB cards you use? I am thinking to buy one for myself
    12-02-13 11:22 AM
    I bought a scan disk 64gb card and it's working fine on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055

Posted from my Z30.
    12-02-13 11:24 AM
    I've got some direct experience with this topic. See this post: [Bug Report 10.2.1.1055] Can't format SD card. So we know you may not be able to format a 64GB card with 10.2.1.1055. Now you may ask yourself how I discovered this?

Since putting 10.2.1.1055 on my Z30 I've had problems playing songs. The first song plays then every song after that pops up a dialog box saying the format is unknown. I can OK the box, play the song and it will play. However needing to do that with each song is intolerable. I found if I restart the phone (hold the top button for a second and tap the Restart icon) it will play song lists without trouble. Days later the problem occurs again. I suspected there was a problem with the SD card. I copied all the content from the SD card to my computer and tried to format the card. That's when I discovered the bug reported in the other thread. I tried to use my spare Z10 which also had 10.2.1.1055 on it. It had the same problem. I backed the OS on the Z10 to 10.2.0.x and formated the the SD card. Put it back in to the Z30 and moved content back to it.

The problem of songs reporting unknown format is still there.
    12-02-13 11:28 AM
    Well I guess I'm "glad" to see not anyone else having this issue, but the fact it somehow removed all files except my music (backed up to everything except yesterday's pictures) is a bit worrisome. Leak or no leak, there shouldn't be OS capability to have this happen, considering it deleted everything except my music.
    And to let everyone know, I have a Transcend 64GB micro SDXC found here: Amazon.com: Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/s (TS64GUSDU1E): Computers & Accessories
    12-02-13 01:42 PM
    Well I guess I'm "glad" to see not anyone else having this issue, but the fact it somehow removed all files except my music (backed up to everything except yesterday's pictures) is a bit worrisome. Leak or no leak, there shouldn't be OS capability to have this happen, considering it deleted everything except my music.
    And to let everyone know, I have a Transcend 64GB micro SDXC found here: Amazon.com: Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/s (TS64GUSDU1E): Computers & Accessories
    Let's hope you just got a bad chip,. It happens - with harddrives and SSDs as well...

Never trust micro/mini cards with your data for long-term storage, backup as often as necessary, -

And use the built-in features to automatically upload new pictures to the cloud, to avoid head-ache and frustrations later
    NightSlayer likes this.
    12-02-13 02:02 PM
    Just a heads up to everyone reading here...I just purchased a 64gb Lexar MicroSDXC...$39.99 here on sale so couldnt pass up the opportunity...BUT...i get home and the card is only showing as 29GB...i have read many forums and even contacting Lexar services...and of course no help there...if anyone has a solution that would be great...otherwise I am going back and just assuming I got a dud and exchanging it...any suggestions? Should I get a SanDisk instead...my previous Lexar works like a charm, but I just wanted the expanded space...

Also I am running the leaked OS 10.2.1...if I revert back to 10.2 official will I be able to format the card from BB10?
    12-02-13 09:34 PM
    Sounds like you got a dud. It should probably show closer to 59gb available brand new. Did you format it in the phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:40 PM
    Sounds like you got a dud. It should probably show closer to 59gb available brand new. Did you format it in the phone?

Posted via CB10
    I attempted to format in phone, but it wouldn't...and when i connected it to my laptop it showed only 29GB available...nothing else there, not even hidden...so must be a lemon...would the official 10.2 be able to format it? (i heard that the 10.2 can format these cards better)
    12-02-13 09:42 PM
    there was a thread were some dudes discussed about WHICH exactly cards (SDXC) are not compatible with BB... some of them had to uses exFat only?

so it would be great if you'll write, which 64 GB cards you use? I am thinking to buy one for myself
    I was one of the people that discussed the exFAT issue. ExFAT is what is going to replace FAT32 and is for large drives. If you have Windows 7 it wil only allow to format exFAT. You can either load an earlier OS on your phone or look in the other threads. There is a link to a program called guiformat.exe. Connect your sdxc card to a PC or laptop and rub the program. It will format the card to FAT32.

If the 64gb sdxc card is new and you are running 1055, it will get stuck trying to load the media driver to format the card. Xascha has confirmed that there is reference to exFAT in 10.2 OS but for some reason it's not working. (this is an unofficial OS remember) .

BlackBerry Z...My weapon of choice.
    LuisCast likes this.
    12-02-13 09:56 PM
    I was one of the people that discussed the exFAT issue. ExFAT is what is going to replace FAT32 and is for large drives. If you have Windows 7 it wil only allow to format exFAT. You can either load an earlier OS on your phone or look in the other threads. There is a link to a program called guiformat.exe. Connect your sdxc card to a PC or laptop and rub the program. It will format the card to FAT32.

If the 64gb sdxc card is new and you are running 1055, it will get stuck trying to load the media driver to format the card. Xascha has confirmed that there is reference to exFAT in 10.2 OS but for some reason it's not working. (this is an unofficial OS remember) .

So with my issue...could I downgrade to official 10.2 and then format the card through the phone and that should work??
    12-02-13 10:05 PM
    It should but I have not tested it. I know someone else mentioned it and it worked but it's easier to format the card on a PC or laptop.

If you bought the SanDisk Ultra 64gb sdxc it will have the adapter.

Link to guiformat.exe.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

PLEASE NOTE:

AFTER YOU HAVE THE CARD FORMATED AS FAT32, DO NOT FORMAT ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU ARE RUNNING 1055. YOU WILL BE BACK WHERE YOU STARTED.

My original post and more information can be found here including the link to guiformat.exe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=879590

I hope this helps.

LuisCast and kyleheney like this.
    12-02-13 10:17 PM
    It should but I have not tested it. I know someone else mentioned it and it worked but it's easier to format the card on a PC or laptop.

If you bought the SanDisk Ultra 64gb sdxc it will have the adapter.

Link to guiformat.exe.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

PLEASE NOTE:

AFTER YOU HAVE THE CARD FORMATED AS FAT32, DO NOT FORMAT ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU ARE RUNNING 1055. YOU WILL BE BACK WHERE YOU STARTED.

My original post and more information can be found here including the link to guiformat.exe.

[Bug Report 10.2.1.1055] Can't format SD card - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I hope this helps.

My card when I format to FAT32 on my laptop is only showing 29GB tho...so when I plug that in my phone I only have access to 29GB instead of the full 64GB...that is the issue with my card right now...I can format it to FAT32 but I do not have the full 64GB...I was hoping if I downgrade to 10.2 OS that i can format the card on that OS in order to get the full 64GB...otherwise I have a lemon
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    12-02-13 11:24 PM
    I put mine in usb mass storage mode and plugged it into my rental ford escape. It wiped the card I'm hoping I still have the backup I had when I reformatted the card. But I ran into the problem not being able to format the card. I had to downgrade and then format unfortunately. But my SanDisk 64GB sdxc has been just fine since the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:00 AM
    My card when I format to FAT32 on my laptop is only showing 29GB tho...so when I plug that in my phone I only have access to 29GB instead of the full 64GB...that is the issue with my card right now...I can format it to FAT32 but I do not have the full 64GB...I was hoping if I downgrade to 10.2 OS that i can format the card on that OS in order to get the full 64GB...otherwise I have a lemon
    Just a heads up to everyone reading here...I just purchased a 64gb Lexar MicroSDXC...$39.99 here on sale so couldnt pass up the opportunity...BUT...i get home and the card is only showing as 29GB...i have read many forums and even contacting Lexar services...and of course no help there...if anyone has a solution that would be great...otherwise I am going back and just assuming I got a dud and exchanging it...any suggestions? Should I get a SanDisk instead...my previous Lexar works like a charm, but I just wanted the expanded space...

Also I am running the leaked OS 10.2.1...if I revert back to 10.2 official will I be able to format the card from BB10?
    You could have gotten the San disk 64GB ultra for 35 at best buy.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-03-13 05:50 AM
    You could have gotten the San disk 64GB ultra for 35 at best buy.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    Not where I was then...it was 59.99...and also completely sold out everywhere
    12-03-13 10:01 AM
    Using Sandisk.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:08 AM
37 12