All - Searched the VzW forum here but couldn't seem to find an answer. I'm a current iPhone 5 owner (former owner of 8830 and 9930, but the Z10/Q10 didn't work in my circumstances), but seriously considering buying a VzW Z30 at retail (no contract) this coming week. The week following, I'm heading to the UK and possibly northern France for about ten days. My questions are:

- Do I need to "unlock" the Z30 as I did the 9930? Or do I simply contact VzW and have them do that like they have with my iPhone 5?
    - Assuming that I can get my Z30 unlocked and I purchase a SIM card when I arrive in the UK, does anyone have experience with how your Z30's contacts, email accounts, etc, work? Is all of that unchanged, or will I have to reset those?
    - A new SIM card, I'm assuming, gives me a new, "local" phone number. Are voices mails/texts simply going to be awaiting my return to the US and powering up my phone here on my original VzW SIM, etc?
    - Any recommendations for carriers in the UK? Might my Z30 work on their new LTE network?
    - I'm flying Delta to ORD and then Virgin Atlantic over; does anyone have any experience using the Android apps for DL and VA on a Z30?

Please forgive the novice level of these questions. I haven't traveled internationally for a few years and the last time I did I used my 9930 through VzW's international "plan." It worked fine but the costs approached usury levels. While things have gotten a bit better, it's still pretty outrageous so I want to try getting a local SIM card this time. I'm not at all familiar with how things will work in that event, and thus my questions.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
    05-31-14 03:44 PM
    Verizon Z30s come unlocked. You won't get LTE in the UK because it doesn't have the proper bands for their LTE networks. There should be no issues when you change SIMs in the UK; your email, BBMs, etc. will come through just fine. Only things affected will be Verizon service related items--phone calls, texts, etc--which will be inaccessible until the Verizon SIM is back in (unless they have some sort of online access set up, or allow/you set up call forwarding to your UK number.)

Good luck, I hope some more answers come your way.
    05-31-14 04:42 PM