Hello All,

I currently am testing the free VPN service of HideMe. I noticed at times the Blackberry Logo at the top beside the network signal sometimes disappears together with the VPN secure key icon. This happens sometimes unknowingly while I view FB via FS app or when I browse the web,on occasion while running CB10 app. I'm concerned that I may at times be using the net thinking that my IP Address and data is secured via VPN but reality I am not. Is it a DNS issue or a Carrier issue? Thanks in advance.!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 05:45 PM
    Hard to say. Only way to test it out is see if it happens when not using a VPN. If it happens while not using VPN then you know it's your carrier/connection. If it doesn't, then you know it's related to the VPN usage and your device could potentially be dropping the connection at certain points. A bad connection doesn't always make for a stable VPN.
    09-08-16 08:05 PM
    Thanks Blaze, it occurred to me that it could be my carrier playing tricks on me to see what sites that I view or visit. As we browse the net, all the while thinking that the session is secured via VPN when it apparently is not the case all the time. So I really gotta always check for the VPN and Blackberry ID icons are in place. I wish there was an option that could be configured that if the VPN was disconnected that there would be totally no data traffic as to insure your data security. It's just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 09:10 PM
    It now made me wonder if there is an option to view say let's the icon/notification area while browsing? Coz when we browse the web, the whole screen is covered by the browser, there by covering the icons of blackberry ID and the VPN secure icon on top. Is there a way to browse and see your notification icons? Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 09:21 PM
    Ok,what I meant is when let's say we browse the net using the native browser, we would have the same view as when we view our email from the hub...notice you will still see the battery on the upper top left side,the system time at the center top, while the upper top right side you may see the "key" icon for the VPN, your "network" connection -->4g/3g/wifi icons, the blackberry ID icon,and the network signal strength...when I view the HUB, I can tell right away that i'm secured with my VPN and Blackberry ID...perhaps it is just more of a wishful thinking on my part...since if you were browsing and you do get disconnected the VPN, then there is no automatic "kill" switch or process that would disallow and data transfer or traffic with out the said VPN connection...I if the BES users have this option?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 12:22 AM
    I am trying to install hide.me. But since I am in India, I don't see any India specific server. Can someone help me here?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 09:53 PM
    Is it the free account of HideMe that you have subscribed to? I use the Canadian free server, since it is a blackberry and all...I'm not sure what the other servers that might be available with the free VPN. Maybe if you use the full service VPN subscription you might be able to connect a server in India. Double check their website just to be sure. I hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 04:17 AM
    I did not install any software app. I configured it at the VPN options in the network settings. I used IKEv2.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 04:20 AM
    I used VPN45 for about 6 months then switched over to PureVPN so I could run a couple of Macs and a playbook and my Z30 at same time. It is working good

 Pr1ngle
    09-15-16 05:45 PM