Need some help.

About two weeks ago, when I was trying to send a Voice Note to a friend, and found out that my phone was having issue with audio recording on both Voice note and Video. Basically, the voice note, video recording seems working fine, but just no sound. Reboot the device didn't help. So I wiped out the device, it worked until I did Enterprise Activation and Restore Device settings (Restore Device Settings was to get the Password Keeper Data).

As the phone call still functions properly, it does not seem to be a microphone issue. Does any one know how to fix this?

PS: Issue persisted on 10.2.1.2160 and 10.2.1.3175
    05-30-14 04:24 PM
    Since you were OK until the Bes10 activation and the settings restore, it should be one of those that's the culprit. (I suspect settings, as they can be corrupted over time.)

If you have the time, I'd suggest another wipe, confirm all's OK, then try the Bes10 activation on it's own.

As for the PW Keeper data, you can export that manually (before wiping) to your mSD card (or elsewhere) and restore it after the wipe. PW Keeper > Settings. Scroll down to "Export Passwords". You can export it encrypted (recommended) or unencrypted. When restoring, go to the same place, choose "Import Passwords". This would eliminate one possible problem.
    05-30-14 05:03 PM
    Did another device wipe. This time I tested without restoring anything or installing anything, and no Enterprise Activation either. But it failed too, it just doesn't capture sound. However if I plug-in headset with built-in mic, it works. I am now suspecting it's a physical problem with the device.

Is there any other thing I can try?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:02 AM
    I would try running the audio test in BBVE. That will give some info.

You could try recording a voice memo with another voice recorder. I suggest Parrot, from BB World. If that works, it eliminates a hardware problem.

If the problem persists, you could go back to where you purchased the device for service or replacement, depending on how long you've had the Z30.
    05-31-14 05:33 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion, I already tried BBVE before and after device wipe. The phone is just a few months old, I guess a replacement is necessary.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:55 PM