Hi,
    I'm a very happy z10 owner in the UK but I thought I would have a look at the z30 in my local Vodafone store to compare. They had a BlackBerry z10 display so I thought they may promote the phone to me but alas not so. When I asked to have a look at a running model I was told it was just the same as the z10, I snapped back it wasn't as it doesn't run the same software version uses a different screen technology and has improved sound. I could have listed the changes in antenna or the fixed battery as well but I couldn't see the point as I clearly knew more about the phone than they did.

My impression of the phone was good and not too big as feared and probably would prefer it over the z10 if I was choosing now but I won't be upgrading (especially at the expensive Vodafone prices).

It was however another example that BlackBerry is probably doomed in the larger consumer world as if it isn't android or apple salesman don't want to or know how to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:24 AM
    Hi,
    I'm a very happy z10 owner in the UK but I thought I would have a look at the z30 in my local Vodafone store to compare. They had a BlackBerry z10 display so I thought they may promote the phone to me but alas not so. When I asked to have a look at a running model I was told it was just the same as the z10, I snapped back it wasn't as it doesn't run the same software version uses a different screen technology and has improved sound. I could have listed the changes in antenna or the fixed battery as well but I couldn't see the point as I clearly knew more about the phone than they did.

My impression of the phone was good and not too big as feared and probably would prefer it over the z10 if I was choosing now but I won't be upgrading (especially at the expensive Vodafone prices).

It was however another example that BlackBerry is probably doomed in the larger consumer world as if it isn't android or apple salesman don't want to or know how to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, to 99% of consumers, and especially on a demo unit, the Z30 is just a big Z10.
    Some of the stuff like notifications you can act on will only become apparent when accounts are set up, that's not going to happen on a demo device is it?
    For keyboard, Hub, multitasking etc, it's a big Z10.
    10-15-13 04:38 AM
    To be fair, to 99% of consumers, and especially on a demo unit, the Z30 is just a big Z10.
    Some of the stuff like notifications you can act on will only become apparent when accounts are set up, that's not going to happen on a demo device is it?
    For keyboard, Hub, multitasking etc, it's a big Z10.
    I understand your point but nobody ever pitched the iphone 5 to me just as a bigger iphone 4 although there were very few noticeable differences.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-15-13 05:02 AM
    I understand your point but nobody ever pitched the iphone 5 to me just as a bigger iphone 4 although there were very few noticeable differences.

Posted via CB10
    But apple does their own marketing to justify their products in apple stores.
    If BlackBerry ran their own stores I'm sure they'd be talking up all the new stuff in the z30 too.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:56 AM