I was reading the twitter time line of @xitijpatel an Android engineer at Instagram and he said that submitted to BlackBerry a few bugs that needed fixing that would probably fix the video uploading issues on Vine & Instagram. Attached is a photo of the twitter conversation.

Attachment 205074

Posted via CB10
    Very nice.
    I've been very happy with the way it currently runs, but would be great if they could sort out the video issue. Glad to see they're working on it. Thanks for the post!
    09-24-13 08:09 PM
    Wow, you got good eyes. Thanks for pointing it out.

So i was watching the CNET BlackBerry Z30 hands on video, the Z30 in question belonged to a BlackBerry Rep, the one Michael Clewey or Alex Kinsella I believe was at. It had a LOT of apps loaded on to it,however i noticed two major ones loaded onto it: Vine and Instagram. So just noticed this in the video but the BlackBerry Representative's Z30 had these apps installed. I just thought it was cool to see them being shown on the Z30! Maybe they're even native and not android sideloads! Screenshot and video link below. BlackBerry Z30 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews
    09-24-13 09:28 PM
    Don't be so sure there are"100% sideloads". If you are wrong would you come on this forum and apologise?

100% sideloads. Knowing the speed with which we hear about leaks, be them OS, runtimes, apps, or phones (the Americano might not go into production yet we've already seen it), we would have had leaked info on this long ago. I think it's reasonable to think that these apps are not native, and what with the latest news, will never be.
    09-24-13 09:39 PM
    What's your bet?

I would bet those are sideloaded apps unfortunately.
    09-24-13 09:41 PM
    He's added a couple new posts.

Vine, Instagram, Popular Apps on BlackBerry Rep Z30-img_00000540.png
    laketrout73 likes this.
    09-24-13 09:54 PM
    Wow this is sounding good, that conversation all started from him uploading a pic via sideloaded instagram on z10 (he even hashtagged #z10) and goes on to say it runs beautifully on 10.2 and he's waiting on blackberry to fix a couple more things....i smell an official sideload in blackberry world once 10.2 hits

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:05 PM
    Wow this is sounding good, that conversation all started from him uploading a pic via sideloaded instagram on z10 (he even hashtagged #z10) and goes on to say it runs beautifully on 10.2 and he's waiting on blackberry to fix a couple more things....i smell an official sideload in blackberry world once 10.2 hits

Posted via CB10
    You mean port?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:15 PM
    What's your bet?
    Would bet a coffee?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:15 PM
    You mean port?

Posted via CB10
    Lol u know what I mean >_<

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    09-24-13 10:19 PM
    So he's saying that they are helping with tweaking the side load version only. Doesn't appear that ig will be launching anything official in bbw.

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    09-24-13 10:20 PM
    Oh and even more interesting, he has videos on instagram, pretty sure he did that with his z10, maybe I'll go ask

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:20 PM
    So he's saying that they are helping with tweaking the side load version only. Doesn't appear that ig will be launching anything official in bbw.

I'm pretty sure, tweaking the sideload version is so that it can be ready for bbw,

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:21 PM
    So i was watching the CNET BlackBerry Z30 hands on video, the Z30 in question belonged to a BlackBerry Rep, the one Michael Clewey or Alex Kinsella I believe was at. It had a LOT of apps loaded on to it,however i noticed two major ones loaded onto it: Vine and Instagram. So just noticed this in the video but the BlackBerry Representative's Z30 had these apps installed. I just thought it was cool to see them being shown on the Z30! Maybe they're even native and not android sideloads! Screenshot and video link below. BlackBerry Z30 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews
    Thanks. I was about to post a thread about it but good thing I found this thread. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Yes!!!! ancing:

PS Now we can see some sells.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure, tweaking the sideload version is so that it can be ready for bbw,

Posted via CB10
    My understanding of what he said indicates that all they did was pinpoint bugs in BB10 that stopped the android version from functioning correctly. They're not modifying IG to work as a sideload on BB10.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-24-13 11:29 PM
    My understanding of what he said indicates that all they did was pinpoint bugs in BB10 that stopped the android version from functioning correctly. They're not modifying IG to work as a sideload on BB10.
    This is how I perceived it as well. Just don't want anyone to get their hopes up.

09-24-13 11:31 PM
    Yes this is exactly what he meant, but I don't think their going to be tweaking for the sideload to work correctly to tell users go out and sideload it lol even though they know we are, I don't think it's what they plan to do

Posted via CB10
    Jaguarandine likes this.
    09-25-13 09:57 AM
    That is one cool looking phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:06 PM
    I also have Instagram 4.1.2 and Vine.
    Plus Flipboard, Path, Pinterest, Tumblr and others....

There is little chance we will ever get these as native apps, but it doesn't matter much since the port works well on 10.2

Attachment 204626

Posted via CB10 on Q10SQN100-3/10.1/2.0.2354/4285/4651/1725
    How do I get those apps on my phone...where did you get the apk for them

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 02:54 PM
    http://n4bb.com/official-instagram-c...-anytime-soon/

This is an article from n4bb setting the record straight that instagram won't be coming to BlackBerry 10 anytime soon.

I actually feel a bit disappointed about the news. All the hints we're getting are just contradicting - Kevin said it was only delayed, then we get this message from Alec Saunders himself.

It's just too confusing.

Posted via CB10
    lmsilvam likes this.
    09-26-13 06:10 AM
    Don't be so sure there are"100% sideloads". If you are wrong would you come on this forum and apologise?
    I would have definitely apologised and as a matter of fact I REALLY wanted to because I wanted BB/Instagram to prove me wrong, but here is the official confirmation that we won't have Instagram: Official Instagram Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 Anytime Soon - N4BB
    I already knew because Alex Saunders sent a tweet last week saying that they had done everything in their power to convince Instagram but that we should look for alternatives (I can't find it now but I'm sure I saw it).

@yelmonster, from the looks of it Kevin's sources were wrong about this one. Plain and simple.
    +1 to your disappointment :S
    Last edited by lmsilvam; 09-26-13 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Adding reply to yelmonster
    09-26-13 06:25 AM
    hmm...well the app always crashes when I try to navigate through the video file to choose the frame for video.

I wonder if anybody has tried to side-load the built-in android video player and then used Apex launcher to set that as the default video player.

I'm currently at work so I can't test this now...Well I tweeted that dude Xitij asking him about that...will see what he says. :-)
    09-26-13 07:56 AM
    Smh

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:00 AM
    Hey, if that Android developer is pointing out a bug to BlackBerry which means they'll fix the runtime issue, then so be it, I'll happily side load Instagram and Vine. However, it would be great if they consider porting it to the App World.

From a business standpoint, Vine should consider Windows and BB10 if they're serious about gaining over Instagram, if anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:31 AM
    Hey, if that Android developer is pointing out a bug to BlackBerry which means they'll fix the runtime issue, then so be it, I'll happily side load Instagram and Vine. However, it would be great if they consider porting it to the App World.

From a business standpoint, Vine should consider Windows and BB10 if they're serious about gaining over Instagram, if anything.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I dont understand. Ok BB10 might not have enough users to warrant coding a native app from scratch. But just porting an android app over.....its so damn easy and they coukd update along with the android offering. Like how lazy is Instagram? Why not bring your offering over for the 5mill+ people on BB10. like wtf.

Posted via CB10
    JR A and SK122387 like this.
    09-26-13 10:06 AM
    This is what I dont understand. Ok BB10 might not have enough users to warrant coding a native app from scratch. But just porting an android app over.....its so damn easy and they coukd update along with the android offering. Like how lazy is Instagram? Why not bring your offering over for the 5mill+ people on BB10. like wtf.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly it's pretty hard with apps that use a lot of services. Hence why what's app just went native and why Skype took so long

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:51 PM
70 123