Double standard. BlackBerry products need to be twice as good as the leading product to sell apparently....

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Don't design it with a removable cover with no functional necessity. It's just bad design practice.

Apple has gotten plenty of flak for design issues. And apple sells because they basically invented (refined, popularized, and perfected existing ideas, maybe) the modern market.
    07-25-13 01:26 AM
    Let's just hope they don't build too many. I see a total of about 6 of these selling...
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-25-13 03:53 AM
    Let's just hope they don't build too many. I see a total of about 6 of these selling...
    A bit too low but I dont see this one flying Pff who knows.But this definitely a first version skip.The Z and Q phones are just far more detailed and thought through imo.10.2 has to be a packed OS with great user experience features and ipmprovements.

Im just not expecting high phone sales PS4,xbone will slow down mobile market big time.
    07-25-13 09:34 AM
    I won't be buying this device, the technology inside it is 2 years behind Samsung and Apple. I don't think there are any mainstream competitors today released phones with an 8.0 and 2.0 mega pixel camera. The guy who sits beside me has an S4 and it's camera is a 16 mega pixel.
    07-25-13 01:08 PM
    Its one thing when the rest of the world gives up on BB but when the CB crowd is negative as well, that's not good for BB.
    07-25-13 02:42 PM
    It is a nice device, and the form factor is something that people are interested in.
    I don't think it "has to be" top of the line hardware. But it does need to be priced competitive based on the hardware it is competing with and taking into account BlackBerry's lack of an ecosystem, their lack of "good" name brand recondition and the fact that most people don't care what the OS can do - it's what can the device do (or in BlackBerry's case can't do because it doesn't have an app for that).

By the time the A10 is out the Z10 is going to be down around $49 at the Carrier stores (free at the resellers). Give the A10 an extra $100 and it may do OK. If they try to start out at $299 or $249 on contract it will sell about as good as the Z10 did.

Realistically I think BlackBerry should drop the A10 for now - if they aren't going to go all out for their Flagship devices, why even try? There is always going to be a better Android device out from one manufacture or another, Nokia is starting to play with different specs (cameras mainly) and we all no that after Apple releases the next iPhone....

What they need to concentrate on (IMHO) is the middle and low end devices where maybe than can still be profitable on the devices and increase the user base. Maybe if they had a Z5 out, it would help keep the Z10's price from falling even further or they might be able to prop it back to the $99 - $149 price range - or maybe the Z5 needs to wait until a Z10 upgrade device is released.
    07-25-13 03:16 PM
    Is it already known what those 2 holes on the side of the phone are for? by the volume rockers?
    07-25-13 06:02 PM
    Is it already known what those 2 holes on the side of the phone are for? by the volume rockers?
    Wondering the same thing.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-25-13 06:52 PM
    Microphones, possibly for noise-canceling. Very odd location for them though.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 and loving it!
    07-25-13 07:09 PM
    Microphones, possibly for noise-canceling. Very odd location for them though.

Wouldn't your fingers interfere?
    07-25-13 07:53 PM
    If you're right handed your thumb would cover the holes easily during a call because the volume rocker is right above it.
    07-25-13 08:39 PM
    If you're right handed your thumb would cover the holes easily during a call because the volume rocker is right above it.
    Well then obviously you'd be holding it wrong..
    00stryder likes this.
    07-25-13 08:58 PM
    07-25-13 09:47 PM
    Wouldn't your fingers interfere?
    And that's the problem most of us have pointed out, but apparently that's what the guy in the video said they were (I can't speak or understand Thai so I don't know for sure.)

07-25-13 11:33 PM
    A bit too low but I dont see this one flying Pff who knows.But this definitely a first version skip.The Z and Q phones are just far more detailed and thought through imo.10.2 has to be a packed OS with great user experience features and ipmprovements.

Im just not expecting high phone sales PS4,xbone will slow down mobile market big time.
    How many features will people not use?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:28 AM
    Let's see. The specs are not that good, the battery is non removable. Ever thought about this being the Z5?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 04:19 AM
    interesting, I wonder what the Blackberry Z00 on the back of the battery means. Did he mention anything in vietnamese ?
    That's what it's called

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-31-13 02:06 PM
    I wonder if just for one second anyone in the ranks at BB has ever thought - "How does Samsung outsell Apple 2 to 1 each and every month despite having inferior software" ??? How does that happen ??? The answer is as obvious as the new 85" Samsung Super TV. 12 years ago Blackberry made the largest devices that were alot of fun to look at and use. I almost creid when the thing stopped working on me.after 3 years. 6 years ago I had dinner with the VP of Incoming Technology at BB and I asked him straight up - "Why do you guys make such tiny phones - I cant even get my fingers on the buttons anymore" ? His only response was "Don't let Balsillie hear you say that". WOW WHAT GENIUS. The biggest phones on the market are the highest selling - yet BB has taken some 3 years to finally make a 5 inch phone - and I will tell you still "TOO SMALL".
    If BB management ever pulls their heads from between their legs and opens their eyes to the obvious - maybe one day they will lead again and do something that no one has attempted - like a 6 inch phone to blow away the Samsung One Note - if people like the 5.5 inch NOTE - guaranteed they'll be awestruck by a 6 inch. BUT then again that would lead to an increase in sales and that wouldn't be good news for some company trying to acquire the company as cheaply as possible.- but then again what can you possibly expect from a company that says tablets wont exist in the future - that's probably true but it will occur at about the same time that all golf courses cease to exist too.
    09-14-13 10:30 PM
93 ... 234