I agree with you, just trying to figure out the reason behind this removable back door when other options are available. Having a back door pop off does transfer energy which theoretically reduces the impact on the device it self. Like F1 cars splinter into parts after a bad crash.
    07-24-13 01:04 PM
    The A10 is the only phone I can remember seeing having a removable battery door and a non removable battery. Who designed that thing? It is perhaps the laziest designed phone I've ever seen. Seriously, they couldn't come up with any other way for users to install and remove the SD and SIM cards?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Maybe because it's a dev phone???? I'm pretty sure that's not how it's going to be... it will insert sd and sim the same way the Q5 is done.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-24-13 01:08 PM
    Its a dev/test device, I think (wanna be sure) they just didn't wanna waste the NFC Chips in these devices.
    Strange they would make a different back cover for a Dev unit and then go through the trouble of putting att branding on it
    07-24-13 01:13 PM
    Strange they would make a different back cover for a Dev unit and then go through the trouble of putting att branding on it
    Yeah exactly, I don't believe this is a developer phone. I've had three BlackBerry developer units now (four if you want to count the LEZ10 as a developer phone), and the one thing that they all have in common was a complete lack of carrier branding. Just doesn't make sense for there to be AT&T branding on a non commercial device.
    h20work and Rello like this.
    07-24-13 01:38 PM
    I don't mind the fact that the battery isn't removable. Battery pulls are an unnecessary thing with BB10, the battery capacity is great and BB has the external charger you can get if you want extra juice on the go. I don't know if they will make a similar product for the A10, but since it can simply act as a portable charger, getting the Q10 battery version (2100 mAh) should be sufficient for extra juice on the go if you need it.

I think they are going the non-removable battery route in order to save costs, as well as reinforce the notion that removing the battery isn't necessary any longer.I've had the Q10 since launch and haven't had a need to remove the back cover since I put the SIM card and SD card in. If it were a non-removable battery it wouldn't make any difference to me.

JB
    sunsetblow likes this.
    07-24-13 02:14 PM
    Wait, how the hell this one has 4 rows of icons and the other screenshot a user uploaded here had 5 rows...?
    07-24-13 02:18 PM
    Wait, how the hell this one has 4 rows of icons and the other screenshot a user uploaded here had 5 rows...?
    Read my two posts above -.-

Posted via CB10
    szlevi likes this.
    07-24-13 02:35 PM
    Read my two posts above -.-

Posted via CB10
    What is a black listed OS and how would you get one?
    07-24-13 03:36 PM
    As others have said, if there is no removable battery in the consumer version then that would be a deal breaker for me.

The removable battery was one of the main reasons I got a BlackBerry Q10 over the iPhone.

I love being able to carry spare batteries with me, knowing I'm not likely to run out of power - it has been a real lifesaver on a few occasions.

Yeah, I'm the OCD battery boy - had 7 batteries for my 8800, numbered them and ran them in rotation Lost one of them - grrrr!

Only 3 batteries for the Q10 so far...
    Attached Thumbnails [Video] Hands on Blackberry Z30 - 2800 mAh battery-8800_batteries.jpg  
    07-24-13 03:54 PM
    As others have said, if there is no removable battery in the consumer version then that would be a deal breaker for me.

The removable battery was one of the main reasons I got a BlackBerry Q10 over the iPhone.

I love being able to carry spare batteries with me, knowing I'm not likely to run out of power - it has been a real lifesaver on a few occasions.

Yeah, I'm the OCD battery boy - had 7 batteries for my 8800, numbered them and ran them in rotation Lost one of them - grrrr!

Only 3 batteries for the Q10 so far...
    Why not buy a mophie/juice pack?

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-24-13 04:39 PM
    Why not buy a mophie/juice pack?

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    It just seemed somewhat inelegant LOL!
    07-24-13 04:44 PM
    Is it ZOO or Z00...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:50 PM
    But it looks like it may be user-replaceable
    If you don't mind the possibility of soldering...
    07-24-13 05:27 PM
    2800 battery should get you through the day, well hopefully. The removable battery door but not removable battery is pretty funny. Release it April fools day and It would be a good joke.
    07-24-13 06:22 PM
    Yes so it should release with better specs

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:24 PM
    2800 battery should get you through the day, well hopefully. The removable battery door but not removable battery is pretty funny. Release it April fools day and It would be a good joke.
    There have been android phones with removable backs with non-removable batteries so it wasn't a shocker to me.
    07-24-13 06:32 PM
    There have been android phones with removable backs with non-removable batteries so it wasn't a shocker to me.
    Didn't know that. Honestly if it gets me thru the day I'm good. Well that and it doesn't lag
    07-24-13 06:42 PM
    Didn't know that. Honestly if it gets me thru the day I'm good. Well that and it doesn't lag
    The Z10 doesn't lag either. Maybe not for everyone though battery wise.

07-24-13 06:44 PM

Yeah but sprint isn't carrying the z10 and I'm not jumping carriers again for a while. It was a mistake leaving att for sprint in the first place.
    07-24-13 07:03 PM

Doesn't lag for most parts. There is lag that is very situational depending on exactly what you're doing and what you have already running
    07-24-13 08:43 PM
    Market leaders like apple can do stupid things like make a battery non-removable but when you are playing catch-up it makes no sense at all to do anything that you can expect people to say "that's stupid". I hope this isn't another playbook fiasco.

Why give anyone any reason to not like it.
    07-24-13 08:53 PM
    Yep been reported in before, most figure it's because this is a dev unit. It really wouldn't make much sense for BlackBerry to leave it out of what's suppose to be their top-teir BB10 device.

Z00 (zeroes, not O's)

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Again with the hardware spec rumors and non removable battery, I don't think it is a flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:06 PM
    Market leaders like apple can do stupid things like make a battery non-removable but when you are playing catch-up it makes no sense at all to do anything that you can expect people to say "that's stupid". I hope this isn't another playbook fiasco.

Why give anyone any reason to not like it.
    I too find this funny, iOS devices non removable - sells, nexus devices non removable - sells, BlackBerry A10 non removable and it's a uproar

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:38 PM
    I too find this funny, iOS devices non removable - sells, nexus devices non removable - sells, BlackBerry A10 non removable and it's a uproar

Posted via CB10
    Double standard. BlackBerry products need to be twice as good as the leading product to sell apparently....

07-25-13 12:31 AM

How many android phone are really well-designed? Not a standard I want BlackBerry to aspire to.
    07-25-13 01:24 AM
93 1234