07-23-13 05:30 PM
213 ... 6789
tools
    If I was blackberry I would have gone self exile. Nothing they do seems to please most of people. Hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:04 PM
    So What is it. Is it a giant Z10 running Android software. Ie from the description it can run android apps without side loading.Or is it a mini playbook running BB10 with the ability to make calls. I will be checking it out! Not saying that I will, buy but it might replace my playbook.
    07-14-13 06:20 PM
    If the Optimus G2 becomes the basis of the next Google/LG Nexus phone, I'm buying. (won't get rid of my Q10 though the LG will replace my Galaxy Nexus).

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    Blackberry should probably work out a deal with Sony, LG, HTC, or someone where they buy the hardware and load BB10 on them to sell like Google does with the Nexus. They are putting to much effort into designing full touch hardware that have no differentiating features.

If they still had a trackpad or scroll wheel then I would say other wise but with no differentiating features it makes no sense to continue developing their own full touch screen hardware. Focus on the physical keyboard models and let someone else design the full touch hardware and just make sure BB10 runs great on it.
    ADRENALIN101 likes this.
    07-14-13 06:29 PM
    Blackberry should probably work out a deal with Sony, LG, HTC, or someone where they buy the hardware and load BB10 on them to sell like Google does with the Nexus. They are putting to much effort into designing full touch hardware that have no differentiating features.

If they still had a trackpad or scroll wheel then I would say other wise but with no differentiating features it makes no sense to continue developing their own full touch screen hardware. Focus on the physical keyboard models and let someone else design the full touch hardware and just make sure BB10 runs great on it.
    I'd go as far to say that BlackBerry should abandon full-touch smartphones and concentrate soley on the physical kb models. Since getting my Q10, I've hardly touched my Z10.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    07-14-13 06:41 PM
    According to the latest analysts BB will exit all hardware production and be strictly a software company!
    07-14-13 06:47 PM
    if i want a tablet i buy one ... phones are phones, tablets are tablets.
    07-14-13 07:04 PM
    Mine never got here.. seller ended up giving me a full refund.

Still considering one, hope future 10.2 builds add third party battery support.
    Really? That sucks... Well if you're lucky, maybe a more reputable company will make one by then
    07-14-13 08:05 PM
    I find that room to be interesting where the video was filmed. It was in a conference room that had nice water glasses at each place setting. That was before or after a meeting and it wasn't low paid engineers. Management, and possibly execs.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-14-13 08:14 PM

Give an exclusive deal to Lenovo for the Chinese market. Huge potential.
    Give an exclusive deal to Sony for the Japan and US markets. This could be an easy solution to the US sales issue.
    Keep making and selling phones to the other markets.

**The "video game focus" comment about the A10 was interesting at the shareholder meeting. Is a partnership brewing or was this Heins spewing BS? Imagine the Sony partnership possibilities then...
    07-14-13 08:20 PM
    Where did I see that it should have third party batteries! If the third party battery catches fire who take the blame. Nope! No third party batteries!
    07-14-13 08:30 PM
    Where did I see that it should have third party batteries! If the third party battery catches fire who take the blame. Nope! No third party batteries!
    Huh??
    07-14-13 08:34 PM
    Give an exclusive deal to Sony for the Japan and US markets. This could be an easy solution to the US sales issue.

**The "video game focus" comment about the A10 was interesting at the shareholder meeting. Is a partnership brewing or was this Heins spewing BS? Imagine the Sony partnership possibilities then...
    If Sony decides to split, if I was CEO I would have taken over the company. It would mean that they would need to have the market capitalization higher than now. My ambition would be to be a global smartphone company not select market smartphone company.
    BrandonPBaby likes this.
    07-14-13 08:53 PM
    If Sony decides to split, if I was CEO I would have taken over the company. It would mean that they would need to have the market capitalization higher than now. My ambition would be to be a global smartphone company not select market smartphone company.
    I totally agree with you. It feels like Sony is a little late for the Android party, but would be just in time for BB10. A waterproof phone and brand recognition will only get you so far.
    nabil114 likes this.
    07-14-13 08:59 PM
    Bigger Z10??? Nah, I'll pass. I had seen a rendering of the A10 that was sort of rounded like an S4...it looked awesome. But BlackBerry never listens to what it's followers like/want.

Posted via CB10
    I like the shape of the Z10. I'm not as big a fan of rounded. I do hope the ports are on the bottom though.
    07-14-13 09:01 PM

Sounds like a good idea.
    07-14-13 09:03 PM
    I don't understand why the flagship has to be big. Why can't you have a max hardware Z10 and Q10? Flagship shouldn't be based on size alone.
    07-14-13 09:04 PM
    I don't understand why the flagship has to be big. Why can't you have a max hardware Z10 and Q10? Flagship shouldn't be based on size alone.
    Not how the current smartphone market views things I'm afraid. It's a case of "bigger/faster" = "better"

07-14-13 10:09 PM
    The bezel doesn't seem large in comparison to these:
    http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-cont...htc-one-19.jpg

The A10's looks like a larger htc one with a smaller screen. I like the design, however I hate the bezel.

F. U. T. W. using Tapatalk
    07-15-13 12:29 AM
    I like the shape of the Z10. I'm not as big a fan of rounded. I do hope the ports are on the bottom though.
    Nope the ports are on the side like the Z10. Kinda in the same place. Kinda wished they put them a little higher up but the SD and SIM slots are on the outside right above it.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:51 AM

Sony has the WORST US MOBILE SALES among all mobile.brands, a year ago it was LITERALLY NONEXISTENT, they didn't even sell phones here until like 2011- it'd be the stupidest idea for BB to team up with Sony.

I use Sony phones since W950 and I had to import every single phone I had: W950, W960, Xperia X1, X10. X10 Mini, Neo, Arc, Sola, T - and when I wanted something to be.done on my prev (now stolen) T Sony asmitted they will have to.send.it to Europe to get it repaired and didn't even offer another phone til it gets done.

Sony Mobile have the nicest, most advanced phones I believe but they also have the MOST CLUELESS, MOST ICOMPETENT US SALES FORCE BY FAR, it is beyond doubt, they are the **** of every joke among US sales people and unfortunately for a reason.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    07-15-13 09:52 AM
    Don't fool yourself... size matters.

Biggest feature that iPhone users want is a bigger screen.

What are the "big" attraction devices... device with large screens. (more people buy the cheaper devices, but it's the Flagships they bring them in the store)

I don't know that processors, GPU or memory are going to really make much of a difference in the premium end devices, they should all be the latest chipsets (should but of course BB didn't follow this thinking in the Z10 and Q10). So the only things a manufacture has control of is the size of the screen, quality of the camera and any "gimmicks" they can add - UI Changes, Water Proofing, Voice Control...

BlackBerry's problem is it how do you compete with other hardware manufactures that have much larger buying power and in Sammy's case makes some of their own components. The answer is they CAN'T! So they have to do the best they can and make what they believe are "good enough" devices and try and make as much as they can on them. The problem is without the app support and the ecosystem, not sure consumers are going to pay more without getting more.
    07-15-13 10:24 AM
    Nope the ports are on the side like the Z10. Kinda in the same place. Kinda wished they put them a little higher up but the SD and SIM slots are on the outside right above it.

Posted via CB10
    That sucks. At times I need to use the phone while it is charging.
    07-15-13 12:27 PM
    Don't fool yourself... size matters.

Biggest feature that iPhone users want is a bigger screen.

What are the "big" attraction devices... device with large screens. (more people buy the cheaper devices, but it's the Flagships they bring them in the store)

I don't know that processors, GPU or memory are going to really make much of a difference in the premium end devices, they should all be the latest chipsets (should but of course BB didn't follow this thinking in the Z10 and Q10). So the only things a manufacture has control of is the size of the screen, quality of the camera and any "gimmicks" they can add
    I'm not opposed to large phones. What I am saying is that all of the 10 line should have the same internals, as well as the 5's.
    07-15-13 12:35 PM
    I totally agree with you. It feels like Sony is a little late for the Android party, but would be just in time for BB10. A waterproof phone and brand recognition will only get you so far.
    What are you people smoking.. FYI Sony already sells more in Europe than BB.
    07-15-13 02:05 PM
    Sony has the WORST US MOBILE SALES among all mobile.brands, a year ago it was LITERALLY NONEXISTENT, they didn't even sell phones here until like 2011- it'd be the stupidest idea for BB to team up with Sony.

I use Sony phones since W950 and I had to import every single phone I had: W950, W960, Xperia X1, X10. X10 Mini, Neo, Arc, Sola, T - and when I wanted something to be.done on my prev (now stolen) T Sony asmitted they will have to.send.it to Europe to get it repaired and didn't even offer another phone til it gets done.

Sony Mobile have the nicest, most advanced phones I believe but they also have the MOST CLUELESS, MOST ICOMPETENT US SALES FORCE BY FAR, it is beyond doubt, they are the **** of every joke among US sales people and unfortunately for a reason.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    With respect to the US market, buyer indifference, bad marketing, but a good reputation (Sony) is easier to correct than buyer hatred (BBRY). I live in the US and people talk trash to me on a daily basis about owning "old technology" and buying a phone from a dead company. People are really pissed about getting stuck with their Blackberries when everyone else was able to get iPhones. I just don't see a phone with "blackberry" printed on it suceeding in the US...I hope I'm wrong.
    07-15-13 02:19 PM
213 ... 6789