Bump. This is too valuable a question to ignore.

Has anyone found a 100% successful procedure for making a Verizon Z30 model 100-3 work on T-Mobile for 2g, 3g, 4g, and 4g LTE, as well as all other functions?

We all know that Z30 model 100-5 works out of the box on T-Mobile USA to give users that 4g LTE goodness. However, Z30 model 100-3, the Verizon USA model of the phone has at least two big advantages if we can develop a reliable way to get it working with T-Mobile USA's 4G LTE network: (1) it has wireless charging and (2) it is in greater supply here in the States, so the prices are more affordable and dropping fast.

I don't have a Z30 yet, but if we can get everything (2g, 3g, 4g, and 4g LTE) working for model 100-3 on T-Mobile's network, then that might be the a beneficial way to go.

I assume it is correct that Verizon has blocked band 4 LTE, so to get the device LTE running on T-Mo, the idea would be to wipe it clean with the autoloader. I've used Sachesi to do non-destructive upgrades, but here destruction is a good thing, so autoloader seems smart.

I think that registering the Z30 with T-Mobile might also make a difference, but I'd like to hear what people are finding out.

Thanks!

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-09-14 05:42 PM
    No, I don't think anybody's come up with a surefire way of getting guaranteed LTE on TMO with a -3. The OP of this thread claims to have, but details from him are...lacking.
    04-09-14 07:43 PM
    The walkthrough that the guy gave seems pretty straight forward. Did that not work for you guys?
    04-09-14 08:10 PM
    Nope, didn't work. At least two of us tried his method and neither were successful. I gave up and purchased an STA100-5 and sold the -3

Another thing I'm curious about is whether everything would actually work even if we were able to get LTE on the -3.
    What I mean is, I have a Verizon branded Moto X that is completely unlocked and capable of receiving an LTE signal on T-Mobile.
    However, recently I was playing around with it and I am unable to send texts while connected to LTE. I can receive them, but not send. EDGE and HSPA+ have no issues, though. I haven't tested calls yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't able to call out, but able to receive calls while on LTE.

I'm extremely happy with the STA100-5. Having a fully compatible phone again beats out wireless charging for me. I'd recommend anyone that can afford it to go that route.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-10-14 12:53 AM
    I was able to get my verizon z30 to work with tmobile LTE as well as ATT LTE. Though I had the latest 10.2 and it has a tethering provision on it.

My gf currently has my z30 and she gets 4g and LTE from ATT. I think the biggest issue is that can't know for sure if you are in a band 4 area. Even with verizon I get thrown from band 13 to band 4. Its alot harder to tell as well, what you are on with the z30. I'm also in southern california, which is why im also forunate enough to get band 4 on all the major carriers.

I also tried this on my note 3 about 2 months ago, since I have the verizon note 3 (capable of band 4). I was able to this month get tmobile lte on it.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:57 PM
    I was able to get my verizon z30 to work with tmobile LTE as well as ATT LTE. Though I had the latest 10.2 and it has a tethering provision on it.

My gf currently has my z30 and she gets 4g and LTE from ATT. I think the biggest issue is that can't know for sure if you are in a band 4 area. Even with verizon I get thrown from band 13 to band 4. Its alot harder to tell as well, what you are on with the z30. I'm also in southern california, which is why im also forunate enough to get band 4 on all the major carriers.

I also tried this on my note 3 about 2 months ago, since I have the verizon note 3 (capable of band 4). I was able to this month get tmobile lte on it.
    Great post, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Say, what was your process? Did you just pop in your T-Mobile sim card and load 10.2 and that's it? Please elaborate every step you had to take to get the T-Mobile 4gLTE to work--there have been so many vague descriptions.

Also, have you noticed any other issues with using the phone on T-Mo? One small example: someone else said that there might be issues with text message sending while on the phone if you use a Verizon Z30? Have you noticed anything?

Thank you so much!

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-16-14 09:19 PM
31 12