11-14-13 03:27 PM
38 12
tools
    Well, yet another story. Spoke to another vzw rep. Not much info, but he tried... Listed for "all channels" as stated before, Then has a
    "direct fulfillment" notation, then his page shows stock levels as "green" in all areas. Translation: Who knows? They don't seem to.
    11-13-13 04:06 PM
    This is just crazy! Who knows what time tomorrow? No information at all. I think this going to be dud! I've hope I'm wrong. I just have a bad feeling that Verizon got coaxed into selling it in the states. Rhis whole wireless charging and having both black and white? And the Crackberry team has no insight on the first Z30 to hit the states? I don't get it.

Posted via Harry
    11-13-13 04:12 PM
    At least they are listing blackberry's in with smartphones. Some of them you have click on a link for blackberry to find them.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-13-13 04:26 PM
    Still waiting for the z30 here in Holland

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:32 PM
    All channels = store, online, or phone can order it for you. Also means it is "for sale" through these outlets.

Direct Fulfillment = Verizon ordering system where device is shipped direct to consumer.

Stock levels green = in stock and ready to ship at specified region/store/location, etc.

If they say all channels through direct fulfillment that means there won't be launch day in store stock. Maybe they will stock at some point maybe they won't. But not launch.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:40 PM
    Well it's official no white model. What a bunch of hype!

Posted via Harry
    Last edited by hf199; 11-14-13 at 01:20 AM.
    11-14-13 12:56 AM
    Well it's official no white model. What a bunch of hype!

Posted via Harry
    Why do you have two threads about the same sh!t?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:03 AM
    I went to the VZW store locally (South Bend, Indiana) and they checked their system and there isn't one available in stores within 250 miles.

But they did have the demo phone out and I got to play with it. Holy cow that phone was perfect. I love the size. I have large hands and it fits perfect.

Also the phone wasn't on display yet so I got to hold it unattached. I took it over to a wireless charging pad (nokia) and it worked!

They didn't show any white ones in their system, but I think that will come eventually.

They can order the device and have it brought to the store. Then you can ask to have the activation fee waived.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and BDR529 like this.
    11-14-13 10:14 AM
    Atlanta GA store said they just got a shipment and waiting to be checked into inventory!

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 10:17 AM
    Just ordered mine and only have to pay contract rate without my Z10 being up.

We are going to create a new line for the Z30.

But before activating it I am canceling my iPad line (it's month-to-month).

Then moving the Z30 over to my Z10 line.

Then moving the iPad to the Z30 line and changing it to a data only account.

This leaves me with a 2 year contract on the iPad instead of month-to-month. Other than that nothing changes and I get the Z30 for $200.

The nice part is that I have 2 more iPad's on my account if I need to do it again.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 12:12 PM
    Just ordered mine and only have to pay contract rate without my Z10 being up.

We are going to create a new line for the Z30.

But before activating it I am canceling my iPad line (it's month-to-month).

Then moving the Z30 over to my Z10 line.

Then moving the iPad to the Z30 line and changing it to a data only account.

This leaves me with a 2 year contract on the iPad instead of month-to-month. Other than that nothing changes and I get the Z30 for $200.

The nice part is that I have 2 more iPad's on my account if I need to do it again.

Posted via CB10
    I doing a something like that, sans new line and iPad. Mine involves an old Xoom which qualifies for an update, which they will allow me to use for another device. Im just a bit concerned, well, are we sure ALL the apps on my Z10 are available and will work on the Z30? Will I have to buy Mireo etc, again?
    11-14-13 12:27 PM
    I doing a something like that, sans new line and iPad. Mine involves an old Xoom which qualifies for an update, which they will allow me to use for another device. Im just a bit concerned, well, are we sure ALL the apps on my Z10 are available and will work on the Z30? Will I have to buy Mireo etc, again?
    I've been keeping track of the CB editorials when they highlight apps, and the only pattern I can see is app compatibility issues between touchscreen-only (Z10/Z30) and QWERTY (Q5/Q10) devices. From what I've seen in BlackBerry World, there doesn't seem to be a huge reason for an app that works on the Z10 to not work on the Z30, unless the dev didn't account for the minor change in screen resolution between the two and the app won't fit properly on the Z30 screen. i think that BlackBerry planned for this and had apps that are built natively automatically detect the device being used and adjust the resolution accordingly, but again I don't know if it requires any work from the developer to actually function. (And I think Android apps already do this anyway because of how fragmented the OS is, plus most Android apps scale appropriately for the Q5 and Q10 screens.)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:02 PM
    You should be good on the app front.. Just use the same BlackBerry ID and you should be good to go. Also with the new 10.2.1 release you will be able to run pretty much any Android app.

Check this for more information:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixes-873158/
    11-14-13 03:27 PM
38 12