Greetings,

I'm sorry if this was posted some where I could not find it for this issue this recent.

I have the Z30 from Verizon - LOVE the phone
    I didn't have it 48 hours when I installed OS 10.2.1.1055 and its been running awesome.
    Some time recently Verizon pushed an update and now my OS reads 10.2.1.167 and
    I can no longer send pics through MMS. All I get is a red X and the words "General Problems"
    below the pic I tried to send.

I know it used to work as one of my friends jut installed BBM on his iPhone
    but before that I was able to send him pics through MMS.

I can still send pics through BBM, just now MMS.

I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours yesterday and it was escalated up To BlackBarry.

I have tried to reinstall the 10.2.1.1055 OS and every time it reboots it automatically updates the OS
    and IM back to 10.2.1.167.

Even with security wipe, no personal data on the phone and I try to send a picture to my phone number
    via MMS it fails.

I left AT&T just for this phone. Came from a Torch 9810

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

- Michael
    12-15-13 11:21 AM
    It could be a temporary problem on the network. Your options are to try and reload the os or revert to the stock 10.2 build.

Also, IMO, it is never a good idea to go the carrier about an operational issue when running leak. Much less have it escalated to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:52 AM
    It could be a temporary problem on the network. Your options are to try and reload the os or revert to the stock 10.2 build.

Also, IMO, it is never a good idea to go the carrier about an operational issue when running leak. Much less have it escalated to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, it's not a temporary problem with the network but a bug with 10.2.1.1055. It's a commonly reported issue and listed in the original post for the .1055 leak thread. It affects multiple devices models and variants, but Verizon users are particularly SOL because the quick fix via the escreens menu isn't available for us.

The issue may have to do with performing a security wipe after the OS install, and some people have sideloaded an earlier OS and then reinstalled .1055 without the wipe to regain MMS service again. I'm personally going to wait and see if another 10.2.1 leak comes out and just use that, as I don't really need MMS too much (though the issue is a nuisance).

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:56 PM
    Reinstall OS.. That fixed my problem.. After reinstall it do NOT do security wipe
    12-15-13 03:57 PM
    Hmmm, that's the one thing I have not tried yet, going back to stock OS then upgrade again.

I will try when I have time and report back.

Thanks for the replys
    12-15-13 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the response.

Odd thing is, it all worked fine until a week ago.
    12-15-13 05:23 PM
    No problem. Not sure why it's happening to you all of a sudden, but it is common for Verizon users.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 05:47 PM
    I doubt this is a Z30 or Verizon specific issue. Leaks are leaks because they could potentially be buggy. If you ever install a link it's beat to check the BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Specifically on 10.2.1.1055 issues it's best to read and post at the http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixes-873158/ thread.

In the first post of that thread there is:

"MMS messages (text messages with media) not receiving or sending
    ------ POTENTIAL FIXES: 1)Try to input the APN settings manually. 2) If the 1 does not work re-download the autoloader from another source and reinstall the OS. DO NOT DO A SECURITY WIPE AFTER INSTALL, this breaks the MMS again."
    12-15-13 06:08 PM
    No need to reinstall the os. I've had this issue with 10.2.1.1055 before as well, basically I needed to manually enter the Apn settings for my service provider. In the hub - settings- text messages - MMS- Advanced.
    you're gonna have to find the settings for your service provider somewhere and enter them there.. i'm with Rogers so mine is a bit different.

Verizon Z30 Can't send pics with MMS (just started)-img_20131216.png

Posted via CB10
    heatassist likes this.
    12-15-13 06:11 PM
    Glad that you guys are offering to help, but as I stated before, the APN method does not work with devices connected to Verizon's network.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:18 PM
    Glad that you guys are offering to help, but as I stated before, the APN method does not work with devices connected to Verizon's network.

Posted via CB10
    This... Big Red loves to lock us down as much as possible at all times :/
    12-15-13 08:36 PM
    FIXED!

Reinstalled 10.2.1.1055 DO NOT security wipe
    Tested MMS sent pic to my own phone number - works!

Restored ONLY personal data - DO NOT restore Application Data or Settings

Restore apps from BlackBerry App World - My World
    Reinstall Android apps from my SD card

Tested MMS again - Still works!
    12-17-13 07:45 PM
    FIXED!

Reinstalled 10.2.1.1055 DO NOT security wipe

Restored ONLY personal data - DO NOT restore Application Data or Settings

Restore apps from BlackBerry App World - My World
    Reinstall Android apps from my SD card

Tested MMS again - Still works!
    Damn.... looks like I'll be re-installing tonight. I did a security wipe on .1055 last night and just now realised my MMS's weren't being sent this morning.
    12-17-13 10:09 PM
    Damn.... looks like I'll be re-installing tonight. I did a security wipe on .1055 last night and just now realised my MMS's weren't being sent this morning.
    Yeah... I've been dealing with this for so long (since .1055 first came out), but it's been so long I just don't even think about it anymore and have adapted my daily use around it fairly easily.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:13 PM
    Update...
    MMS still works
    Now that it works, the Z30 is sending all the pictures I tried to send before.
    People are getting them now and responding to my original messages.
    12-18-13 07:20 AM
    Security wipe is definitely the issue. I typically do a security wipe after installing leaks, so naturally, I pull my shiny new Z30 out of the box and immediately load 10.2.1.1055 on it (as it was the OS I had on my Z10). After discovery of the fact that I could not send MMS messages, I went looking for a solution. I found that suggestion on one of the forums and reinstalled with no security wipe and have been running 10.2.1.1055 ever since about three weeks ago without issue.
    12-18-13 07:34 AM
    Security wipe is definitely the issue. I typically do a security wipe after installing leaks, so naturally, I pull my shiny new Z30 out of the box and immediately load 10.2.1.1055 on it (as it was the OS I had on my Z10). After discovery of the fact that I could not send MMS messages, I went looking for a solution. I found that suggestion on one of the forums and reinstalled with no security wipe and have been running 10.2.1.1055 ever since about three weeks ago without issue.
    Yes, I agree. After I did the security wipe here the radio on the Z30 wasn't normal. It displayed "4GLte" when it's never done that before. In fact, I don't think our 4G is LTE. Now it's back to normal, working well, and displaying "4G".

I notice the settings are different in the Network section too. At least now we know.
    12-18-13 05:54 PM