Does anybody know if any of the VZW stores are actually getting Z30 in stock?

Please advise!

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dmsbang; 11-24-13 at 01:55 PM.
    11-23-13 01:20 AM
    It's pretty much an online only thing for the z30 sadly..

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:57 AM
    None in my area have yet, south Alabama.
    11-23-13 06:22 AM
    Im in the NY area and have seen none in stock from the 2 stores ive been to
    11-23-13 06:55 AM
    I've been to 2 in NYC both had units on display and in stock (at least they said so). I think I heard seomwhere that it has to be a business equipped vzw to carry it whatever that means. Where are you located?

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-23-13 07:12 AM
    In my local Atlanta store SW area, they have a Z30 on display. Played with it and its kind of nice to use, though large compared to my RAZR M.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-23-13 07:48 AM
    NE Ohio....this is ridiculous that stores have no clue. Typical though, and I may just have to order it online today!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 09:11 AM
    It is not a car but would be nice to at least kick the tires so-to-speak. Along with salespeople that would actually be knowledgeable about a device sold through their carrier that is not an iphone or android. Basically give a damn. I am relying on feedback alone from users on this forum which is fine but you still need that personal feedback and get questions answered while actually holding the phone and going through a demo.
    MsKitty_57 likes this.
    11-23-13 09:28 AM
    FWIW, a Verizon store in my city (Central North Carolina) has a Z30 on display, and the sales person I spoke with said, "We don't have them in YET, but expect to."
    11-23-13 10:17 AM
    It is probably best to order online and have shipped. That way, the VZW sales reps wont laugh and snicker and tell us BB is an old technology and iPhone or Android is the way to go.

Sent from my Tablet...
    11-23-13 10:37 AM
    My local VZW store had a display model, but they didn't actually have it out on the floor.

The rep had to go in the back and bring it out.

I actually liked that, because it wasn't physically tethered to anything and I could get a good feel for its weight and build.

But it's kinda sad that so little attention is being given to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one to actually order a Z30 out of the store, here.

The VZW rep did say that he knew about being able to install Android APKs in 10.2.1, though, because a BlackBerry rep came and showed them a Z30 running it.

My Z30 should be delivered on Tuesday. The wait is already killing me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    wrusprod likes this.
    11-23-13 11:06 AM
    Tried to order one yesterday at local Verizon store. They had a display unit. Was told blackberry was closing.. i said you'd better call and tell them, cause people are still showing up to work there!! Told me that I could not even order one. I proceed to sit down in the store, called customer service on speakerphone, ordered one, and got free overnight shipping and I am loading it right now!! Paid full price, as had no upgrade available. Rep's were stunned. Thanked them and walked out. Pathetic!

Posted via CB10
    ediggity and kthhrrsn like this.
    11-23-13 11:40 AM
    Tried to order one yesterday at local Verizon store. They had a display unit. Was told blackberry was closing.. i said you'd better call and tell them, cause people are still showing up to work there!! Told me that I could not even order one. I proceed to sit down in the store, called customer service on speakerphone, ordered one, and got free overnight shipping and I am loading it right now!! Paid full price, as had no upgrade available. Rep's were stunned. Thanked them and walked out. Pathetic!

Posted via CB10
    Where did it all go wrong? If only BlackBerry came out with BB10 in 2009/2010....could have marketed it as 10 years of BlackBerry evolution....

Funny, I remember the VZW reps pushing the original Storm hard back in 2007-08...before VZW carried iPhone and Android was still new.

Darn Bob Dylan and his lyrics always coming true!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yikes. That's pretty bad. Glad you were able to educate them a bit about their own products.

11-23-13 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good for you, Thanks....!
    11-23-13 01:05 PM
    "I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one to actually order a Z30 out of the store, here."

I am 1 of 2 owners of legacy BB devices in my town under US Cellular (they do not sell OS10 devices. I will ask our VZW dealer how many they have sold here either legacy or OS10 units.
    11-23-13 01:37 PM
    Many other threads, especially those posted within a day of release mention many stores stocking them and the posters demoing at them. Some have stated that even multiple stores in the same town have stock. My store in a small NW Rockies town had them the day after the online release and where I have made several trips to play with the Z30.

I was actually able to debunk several preconceived perceptions of the Z30 I personally had, due to reading the forums, by being able to actually handle and use it. Too bad you can't find one as I think it's the only way to decide for yourself. I wouldn't be getting one if I had believed or accepted many of the opinions I've read on CB.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-23-13 02:05 PM
    Many other threads, especially those posted within a day of release mention many stores stocking them and the posters demoing at them. Some have stated that even multiple stores in the same town have stock. My store in a small NW Rockies town had them the day after the online release and where I have made several trips to play with the Z30.

I was actually able to debunk several preconceived perceptions of the Z30 I personally had, due to reading the forums, by being able to actually handle and use it. Too bad you can't find one as I think it's the only way to decide for yourself. I wouldn't be getting one if I had believed or accepted many of the opinions I've read on CB.
    What other choice do we have? I have to rely on somebody. Posted a question in this z30 forum and received some nice answers. They did not answer all things but based on their ownership opinion thought the z30 would be a good fit. I don't just run with someone's opinion but another user posted about a number of things left out of the z30 (actually used one) moving from a bold and OS7. This of course was his opinion but were some items that concerned me and have held back. Maybe or maybe not things will get another fix in the next release. IF and only IF a store actually had a z30 working and I could hold, ask questions, etc. - would I order one? Maybe. Until that happens there is no other choice but to read on this one or another forum or reviews in some other medium. I have been a BB user for years and have no intention of switching from that. Was at a Best Buy about a month ago and they had a BB z10 right out in front of all the other phones in a kiosk type thing. Shocked me. Went to ask someone about it and they said it was for display only. A few weeks later the entire kiosk was gone and had absolutely no BB devices in the store - legacy or new. I might make the plunge anyway.
    11-23-13 03:01 PM
    Does anybody know if any of the VZW stores are actually getting Z30 in stock?

Please asvise!

Thx

Posted via CB10
    I have seen them in store in Verizon stores in NY.

Not the re-sellers though..the authorized Verizon re-sellers that I have been to don't even carry blackberry phones. When I ask they say because no one wants them. You can order in the store and they will ship it to you next day.
    11-23-13 03:14 PM
    My local VZW store had a display model, but they didn't actually have it out on the floor.

The rep had to go in the back and bring it out.

I actually liked that, because it wasn't physically tethered to anything and I could get a good feel for its weight and build.

But it's kinda sad that so little attention is being given to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one to actually order a Z30 out of the store, here.

The VZW rep did say that he knew about being able to install Android APKs in 10.2.1, though, because a BlackBerry rep came and showed them a Z30 running it.

My Z30 should be delivered on Tuesday. The wait is already killing me.

I unlocked the Z30 that was on display in my local verizon store and downloaded a ton of apps and left the z30 blasting a youtube video on full volume...

BTW to unlock the demo the code I used was 1111
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-23-13 03:15 PM
    Ordered one on Monday picked it up at Verizon store in Port Huron Mi no one in store had seen one before had crowd around when lady was setting it up for my account was funny I new more about it than she did
    keepthetorch likes this.
    11-23-13 03:18 PM
    I unlocked the Z30 that was on display in my local verizon store and downloaded a ton of apps and left the z30 blasting a youtube video on full volume...

BTW to unlock the demo the code I used was 1111
    How do you know how to do that?

11-23-13 03:18 PM
    How do you know how to do that?

Exit demo mode enter 1111

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 06:15 PM
    I never go to the store anymore. Just order online and try it for the 14 day grace period. You will never be able to get the full feel of the device in store. Once you accept the fact that the agents have no clue about blackberry, you will be able to make your own decision on the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 06:45 PM
    I never go to the store anymore. Just order online and try it for the 14 day grace period. You will never be able to get the full feel of the device in store. Once you accept the fact that the agents have no clue about blackberry, you will be able to make your own decision on the device.

Posted via CB10
    I don't toally agree. The biggest issue is the dumb sensor thing in the middle which prvents you from really holding the device which is so important. Sometimes the demos and the bad service is also an issue but for the most part it's better than not holding it at all.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-23-13 07:05 PM
68 123