I went to a Verizon store yesterday to see the Z30. After walking around looking for the Blackberry phones, I finally found them in a corner sharing space with some Motorola phones (the "dead man walking" spot). There was a small sign with Z10 and Q10 on it, no Z30. There appeared to be a Q10 and 2 Z10's. I picked one up, turned it on and realized that the screen appeared somewhat different. I glanced at the Z10 next to it and realized I had the larger Z30 in my hand. I played with it for a couple of minutes. It looked like a slightly larger Z10. Quite frankly, unless you buy one and set it up the way you want it, then you can see it 10.2 is significantly better than 10.1. It will interesting to see what the sales figures are for this phone in the US since Verizon was the only carrier to not pass on the phone. How can you expect to sell a phone to the masses and not just the choir if you don't advertise. There was nothing in the store, all signs were for Samsung and Apple mostly. I have seen no print or tv ads for the phone. When I walked over to the Apple or Samsung phones, a salesclerk approached me, but by the Blackberry, nothing. None of the Sunday ads by Best Buy, HH Greg, Walmart or any other company that might sell BB, show no BB's, but all the other phones. Blackberry may still be in some stores, but they are basically non-existent. Perhaps they should take some of the money they use to co-sponsor the Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 team and put it to tv ads. I am with T-Mo so my chance of buying a Z30 is nil, since they passed on it. I would like to get 10.2 (can't get Sachesi to work), to see if it is worth keeping my Z10 when my 6 months is up from the Jump program. If I can sideload some of the Android apps. I used on my previous Samsung Galaxy 4G, then I may keep it. I need a better voice dialer than what came with the Blackberry and I downloaded one for my Samsung that was better than what came with that phone. About the same as the voice dialer on my previous Pearl. I have until March to see if I want to keep my Z10 (if I can get 10.2) or get a Samsung Galaxy4 or 5 (I've read that Samsung has started production on the S5 for release around end of winter/beginning of spring) Even the Verizon website has no prominent Blackberry ads.
    12-01-13 12:30 PM
    I went to a Verizon store yesterday to see the Z30. After walking around looking for the Blackberry phones, I finally found them in a corner sharing space with some Motorola phones (the "dead man walking" spot). There was a small sign with Z10 and Q10 on it, no Z30. There appeared to be a Q10 and 2 Z10's. I picked one up, turned it on and realized that the screen appeared somewhat different. I glanced at the Z10 next to it and realized I had the larger Z30 in my hand. I played with it for a couple of minutes. It looked like a slightly larger Z10. Quite frankly, unless you buy one and set it up the way you want it, then you can see it 10.2 is significantly better than 10.1. It will interesting to see what the sales figures are for this phone in the US since Verizon was the only carrier to not pass on the phone. How can you expect to sell a phone to the masses and not just the choir if you don't advertise. There was nothing in the store, all signs were for Samsung and Apple mostly. I have seen no print or tv ads for the phone. When I walked over to the Apple or Samsung phones, a salesclerk approached me, but by the Blackberry, nothing. None of the Sunday ads by Best Buy, HH Greg, Walmart or any other company that might sell BB, show no BB's, but all the other phones. Blackberry may still be in some stores, but they are basically non-existent. Perhaps they should take some of the money they use to co-sponsor the Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 team and put it to tv ads. I am with T-Mo so my chance of buying a Z30 is nil, since they passed on it. I would like to get 10.2 (can't get Sachesi to work), to see if it is worth keeping my Z10 when my 6 months is up from the Jump program. If I can sideload some of the Android apps. I used on my previous Samsung Galaxy 4G, then I may keep it. I need a better voice dialer than what came with the Blackberry and I downloaded one for my Samsung that was better than what came with that phone. About the same as the voice dialer on my previous Pearl. I have until March to see if I want to keep my Z10 (if I can get 10.2) or get a Samsung Galaxy4 or 5 (I've read that Samsung has started production on the S5 for release around end of winter/beginning of spring) Even the Verizon website has no prominent Blackberry ads.
    Have you been paying attention to blackberry recently? easy way to put it: Verizon doesnt care if it sells and probably hopes it doesnt. Its only offered online first of all (which is a very easy sign already). Verizon is the only carrier to carry it (another sign). Verizon also sells the z10 and the q10mand they DID advertise those and those didnt sell at all. So you think verizon is going to try and push a phone around holiday season that most likey wont sell (and is only available online) when they can push their droid line or tablets?

Bottom line is Verizon is only carrying the phone to either fullfill a contractual obligation or are going ahead with a "build it and see if they come" experiment with this device. Theres no need for verizon to advertise this. its only available there. if bb fans want it they will come and get it or that will be it. verizon will move on

On that note ... im glad they carry it because i want one and i will buy one and that makes me happy. but the carriers are not around to save blackberry. they moved on after the z10and q10
    howards likes this.
    12-01-13 02:25 PM
    I've been reading. I'm not saying that Verizon should advertise, but Blackberry needs to advertise if they want to sell phones. It the Z30 sells like the Z10 and Q10, then they will be gone in about a year. If there is no sales, you can't pay the bills and no one will invest time making apps for a dying phone system. No 10.3 update either.
    12-01-13 05:22 PM
    I've been reading. I'm not saying that Verizon should advertise, but Blackberry needs to advertise if they want to sell phones. It the Z30 sells like the Z10 and Q10, then they will be gone in about a year. If there is no sales, you can't pay the bills and no one will invest time making apps for a dying phone system. No 10.3 update either.
    I don't think that's on blackberry mind right now. I bet if the new ceo could have put the brakes on the Z30 he would have, but these things take a while once in motion. Honestly I don't know what their plan is but I bet the z30 isn't part of it. I've geard crazy speced phones, I've heard no phones (just ios and android support). Either way they are cutting their losses on all sides here and advertising is not really an expense they are interested in taking on. For verizon, there's little expence directly. Since they don't stock it there's little overhead in retail

Sucks since it's a great phone. Be grabbing one next week!

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    12-01-13 06:13 PM
    If you are with T-Mobile, you can just get an unlocked Z30 from GSM Nation. I just pre-ordered one for use on T-Mobile to replace my Z10, which may replace my husband's Galaxy S3.

It seems strange to have to pre-order the phone. It seems that BlackBerry and the vendors are being very conservative with stock.

Posted from my Z10
    12-01-13 06:38 PM
    If you are with T-Mobile, you can just get an unlocked Z30 from GSM Nation. I just pre-ordered one for use on T-Mobile to replace my Z10, which may replace my husband's Galaxy S3.

It seems strange to have to pre-order the phone. It seems that BlackBerry and the vendors are being very conservative with stock.

Posted from my Z10
    Very conservative with stock. This is exactly the type of thing that I remember with the HP Pre3 sadly enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    12-01-13 06:46 PM
    I don't think that's on blackberry mind right now. I bet if the new ceo could have put the brakes on the Z30 he would have, but these things take a while once in motion. Honestly I don't know what their plan is but I bet the z30 isn't part of it. I've geard crazy speced phones, I've heard no phones (just ios and android support). Either way they are cutting their losses on all sides here and advertising is not really an expense they are interested in taking on. For verizon, there's little expence directly. Since they don't stock it there's little overhead in retail

Sucks since it's a great phone. Be grabbing one next week!

I totally agree that BlackBerry would probably have preferred not to go forward with the Z30 release if it could have been avoided.

It is a great phone and I've been on the fence whether to get one and move to Verizon from AT&T. I really am not anxious to switch carriers since my wife is still on AT&T. Yet to stay on AT&T would mean no Z30 LTE. Not a major deal but I have it on my Z10 and hate to take a step backward.
    12-01-13 07:11 PM
    Very conservative with stock. This is exactly the type of thing that I remember with the HP Pre3 sadly enough

The Pre3 was never released. All units were returned to manufacturer on att and vz once hp called it quits. I had to get mine off ebay. Somehow a few vendors had them.

12-01-13 09:38 PM
    The Pre3 was never released. All units were returned to manufacturer on att and vz once hp called it quits. I had to get mine off ebay. Somehow a few vendors had them.

I wasn't sure what happened to it. I thought Verizon got it for a brief minute. Never did get to get one. Really liked the Cards.

12-02-13 12:15 AM
    I wasn't sure what happened to it. I thought Verizon got it for a brief minute. Never did get to get one. Really liked the Cards.

Unfortunately no. It was maybe 3 weeks prior to release. I waited forever for it. It was crushing when they ditched it. I had to pay a lot for it on ebay.

12-02-13 07:50 AM
    I went to a Verizon shop yesterday, they didn't even have a demo model of the Z30. And even the sales person really don't know what I was talking about. He spent more time trying to correct my English from Zed 30 to Zee30.

*****!
    12-02-13 07:56 AM
    I was in a Verizon store this past Saturday evening (Central NC) and they did have the Z30 in stock.
    12-02-13 03:50 PM
    Went into my local Northeast Ohio VZW store and they were totally remodeled. The BlackBerry section had the Q10, Z10, and Z30 all on display. Salesperson said they had 2 Z30s in stock and already sold them. I was told they might get a few more in before Christmas or I can order one....wait for it....online right now!

I will try and get a pic of the trio on display. There was even the BlackBerry logo on the wall behind them. All three devices next to one another looked pretty elegant, gave me chills. Still nothing fancy, but simple. Oh, right next to the iSheep displays too.

I have to say the Z30 is a beautiful phone.

Are Verizon Stores Getting Z30 Stock?-img_00000378.png
    Are Verizon Stores Getting Z30 Stock?-img_00000377.png

Posted via Z10
    12-03-13 06:47 PM
    Went into my local Northeast Ohio VZW store and they were totally remodeled. The BlackBerry section had the Q10, Z10, and Z30 all on display. Salesperson said they had 2 Z30s in stock and already sold them. I was told they might get a few more in before Christmas or I can order one....wait for it....online right now!

I will try and get a pic of the trio on display. There was even the BlackBerry logo on the wall behind them. All three devices next to one another looked pretty elegant, gave me chills. Still nothing fancy, but simple. Oh, right next to the iSheep displays too.

I have to say the Z30 is a beautiful phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000378.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	226734
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000377.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	226735

Posted via Z10
    Awesome news. I think if every store had a good BlackBerry display with working units they might actually sell better!

I was at a local Best Buy and they had a Z10 and Q10 on a BlackBerry display buy neither worked and the lights weren't on. Looked like it was a dead display. Great impression for a customer. Drives me crazy to see that kind of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:11 PM
    Saw one in Stanford ct the guy working was very knowledgeable about the phone. He was explaining remote file access to a potential customer who was worried about storage concerns.

Im guessing she was sold on it and when i stopped to chat with the rep i told her that i was jealous as i pulled out my z10.
    She nad no idea the 10 even existed i wanted to laugh and cry in shame at the same time lol.

Posted from a phone....
    12-03-13 10:46 PM
    I went to a Verizon store in Central NJ today to purchase a Z30 at regular price. The store had a demo on display, which was not easy to find considering there was a huge Windows logo on the wall above the BlackBerry display. Anyway, after playing with it for a minute (I really just wanted to get a feel for the size, I currently have a Z10), I walked back over to the associate who directed me to the phone and asked to purchase it. He checked the inventory of every store within a 100 mile radius and not one had it in stock. He told me he thinks I can order it directly from BlackBerry at which point another associate came over and told me the phone was discontinued last month. The original associate said, "the new one, the z30, not the z10" and the other associate confirmed it was the z30 he was talking about. The original associate I dealt with was very helpful though, he said he was unable to order it for me, however, he checked online to confirm I can order it on Verizons website.

I find it very sad how uneducated Verizon employees are on a phone that is exclusive to them. I also find it very sad that unless you filter by "Brand/Platform" there are no BlackBerry phones on Verizons website.
    12-07-13 11:53 PM
    I hate to say it, we're in an iOS and Android world now. Sad, but true. No BlackBerry Z30 in the Atlanta, Acworth or Kennesaw area. Yet bloody verizon have an exclusive on the Z30. Honestly...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    12-08-13 12:42 AM
    I went to a Verizon store in Central NJ today to purchase a Z30 at regular price. The store had a demo on display, which was not easy to find considering there was a huge Windows logo on the wall above the BlackBerry display. Anyway, after playing with it for a minute (I really just wanted to get a feel for the size, I currently have a Z10), I walked back over to the associate who directed me to the phone and asked to purchase it. He checked the inventory of every store within a 100 mile radius and not one had it in stock. He told me he thinks I can order it directly from BlackBerry at which point another associate came over and told me the phone was discontinued last month. The original associate said, "the new one, the z30, not the z10" and the other associate confirmed it was the z30 he was talking about. The original associate I dealt with was very helpful though, he said he was unable to order it for me, however, he checked online to confirm I can order it on Verizons website.

I find it very sad how uneducated Verizon employees are on a phone that is exclusive to them. I also find it very sad that unless you filter by "Brand/Platform" there are no BlackBerry phones on Verizons website.
    Walked into VZ store in NYC yesterday and ordered Z30 to be shipped to me 2 day delivery off contract. Lady didn't have any issues doing it

That being said I had many experiences talking to employees regarding it such as "I don't think were even getting it" to "it's not coming out till November 15" (were already in december). I wish I could sit there and rag on VZ but if you've ever asked for help at best buy for almost anything you get the same amount of cluelessness and ignorance. I doubt a vz employee would know much more about 80 percent of the android handsets or windows phone offerings in the store.

12-08-13 05:20 AM
68 123