How do you know how to do that?

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    Do as recommended above or go to settings on the demo phone and it will have a screen pop up to enter a password to disable demo. In my case "demo" was the password. I tried four different ones I've gotten off this forum and another and "demo" worked. The four I know of are 1111, 0000, 1212 and demo.
    11-24-13 02:37 AM
    What other choice do we have? I have to rely on somebody. Posted a question in this z30 forum and received some nice answers. They did not answer all things but based on their ownership opinion thought the z30 would be a good fit. I don't just run with someone's opinion but another user posted about a number of things left out of the z30 (actually used one) moving from a bold and OS7. This of course was his opinion but were some items that concerned me and have held back. Maybe or maybe not things will get another fix in the next release. IF and only IF a store actually had a z30 working and I could hold, ask questions, etc. - would I order one? Maybe. Until that happens there is no other choice but to read on this one or another forum or reviews in some other medium. I have been a BB user for years and have no intention of switching from that. Was at a Best Buy about a month ago and they had a BB z10 right out in front of all the other phones in a kiosk type thing. Shocked me. Went to ask someone about it and they said it was for display only. A few weeks later the entire kiosk was gone and had absolutely no BB devices in the store - legacy or new. I might make the plunge anyway.

I agree with you. If you have no demo or know someone with a device you're interested in, you have no choice but to research forums. And as you said, even when you are able to demo a device, it's still a good idea to read the experiences and opinions of others to pick up on things you didn't or couldn't check. I check opinions and reviews but still try to get my hands on a anything I'm interested in. With my carrier I still have two weeks to return a phone risk free.
    11-24-13 02:43 AM
    I stopped in to the Verizon store in downtown Ann Arbor last night to see if they had the Z30. The sales rep said that they didn't have the Z30 in stock yet, but they had a Z10 and Q10 on display. I showed him my Z10 to let him know that I didn't need to see one. He asked how I liked it. (duh, well enough to be asking about the Z30)

At least he steered me towards the other BlackBerry phones instead of iPhone or Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 06:57 AM
    I can't tell you how many times in the past 2-3 years that I've encountered negativity by sales reps when either asking about or ordering BlackBerry devices.

When I bought my wife's 9930 (18 months ago), the T-Mobile rep's attitude was rude & disrespectful. He told us that he didn't have any in stock because no one wants BlackBerry's. Started pushing Android. I showed him my 9930 & told him that I want BlackBerry & went to AT&T to make the purchase.

I've had similar experiences when I was with Verizon. Most recently, I've received negative feedback from AT&T reps when getting my z10 serviced. The sad part is that they really have no clue.

Keith. Posted via CB10 using my Z10....
    11-24-13 07:40 AM
    Some stores have them some don't, most corp stores at least have a display or demo model available for you to check out. Verizon can then at worst next day ship it to you. They have the best shipping in the business.
    11-25-13 09:40 AM
    Are Verizon Stores Getting Z30 Stock?-img_00000093.jpg

I've had my Z30 for about 3 weeks... purchased it in Bermuda where I live. I was in Menlo Park Mall NJ on Saturday in a Verizon store and played with the one they had on display..... it was jammed next to the Z10 and Q10.... with no display or labeling. I was looking for a case for my Z30 and of course they had none. Reps told me it is a crap phone. They shut up when I pulled mine out lol.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-25-13 10:14 AM
    This past Saturday, went to my local Best Buy to see the Z-30. No Blackberrys in sight. I asked the salesclerk about the Z-30. I was told they were not going to carry them, due to abysmal sales. They used to have the Z-10 in a prominent spot, but now not even around. Even though I am with T-Mo, I still wanted to see it, but no luck. Maybe I'll venture into a Verizon store. I don't see high hopes for BB. Look at Motorola, they were flying high with their Razr a decade ago, but now nothing. I don't see anyone pulling out a Moto phone, only i-phones and somtimes Samsungs.
    11-25-13 10:52 AM
    I'm in the Southern California area and visited a Viva Movil store, a Verizon Wireless store with Jennifer Lopez' name on it, and they had the z30.

I own the z10 and really liked the z30's size and feel. I wish I snapped a picture of the z30 to show the color because it looks like the bottom of the phone was a dark gray instead of the black color I have with the z10.

I hope to get back there pretty soon and will send a post when I can

Cheers from my Z10!! - 00
    11-25-13 11:11 AM
    This is really ridiculous that two + weeks after release and it is still not available in stores....

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 08:56 AM
    This what the company did to itself. They are indeed a niche product, who stocks niche products unless that's your business?
    11-26-13 09:03 AM
    This is really ridiculous that two + weeks after release and it is still not available in stores....

Posted via CB10
    I think they will continue to have a demo in stores and just order for customers as needed. I believe that was their plan all along.
    11-26-13 11:47 AM
    In a bind, current BB is on life support, barely usable, long past time to upgrade. Held out for Z30.

Called the stores in Charlotte NC - no stock, no plans to have stock, must order online from website - even the store personnel would not order. Sucks.

Even more frustrating since current phone is dying....need new phone immediately. Can't buy it in the store.

Also have a mailer I got a while back from Verizon without an expiration that offers a significant savings, not sure if valid yet but will have to head to the store to find out.

On the Amazon deal the other day, it is confusing as hell when you get through the validation points on Verizon's tie-in - the plan I have is grandfathered/unlimited, but if you read the fine print when you agree to the deal on Amazon/Verizon, the data cap is 2gb. Not sure on that one....but gave me enough hesitation to wait until I could get details from the store.

So, if i can get the Amazon deal for $100 and all good in a couple days, great. If not, to the store in hopes of ordering in store and using discount, would still cost more but who knows when these things are going to reappear.

Couple all of this with the chaos at BB corporate, and it's a real crap shoot. Still want to stay with the BB though....just need to find them.
    11-26-13 12:02 PM
    About the grandfathered unlimited plan, inquire about your desire to keep it. The sales person will most likely tell you that that plan is being retired. Ask about a 6GB plan since your unlimited plan is being retired. It's not advertised, but we were able to take advantage of it for one of our lines.

Cheers from my Z10!! - 00
    11-26-13 01:03 PM
    Do you have store #? Address?

Poetry in Motion
    11-29-13 12:38 PM
    In my local Atlanta store SW area, they have a Z30 on display. Played with it and its kind of nice to use, though large compared to my RAZR M.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    Store address or #?

Poetry in Motion
    11-29-13 12:46 PM
    Was in a Verizon store in Sacramento today and they had a live demo unit and a few in stock to sell. After hearing the rep talk about how bad BlackBerry is and how many service centers they have closed down and how awful the phones are, I showed him my z10. He was blown away that I had all the popular apps on my phone and was amazed by the picture password. He then tried to hard close me on the sale, but I told him I'd rather buy online than at a store where they bash BlackBerry. Told him to listen to what people are interested and that BlackBerry is not going away and offers a good alternative to android and iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and howards like this.
    11-29-13 04:39 PM
    As a side note: I don't understand how Verizon have an exclusive with the sale of the Z30, but they are not really advertising/marketing it well at all.

I simply don't understand the logic here. Weird...
    11-29-13 07:47 PM
    I went to three different Verizon stores. All had the demo. None had any in stock

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
    11-29-13 09:58 PM
    If a Verizon store had a couple for sale near me, I'd have paid $549 for one today...as would have some others.

Ball dropped!

Posted via Z10
    11-29-13 10:29 PM
    Can anyone verify if they have PURCHASED a Z30 at vzw? I'm in NYC and I can't find any in stock. I know I've heard online only but I've read otherwise.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-30-13 10:51 AM
    I had to order mine Verizon/online. They didn't have any at my Verizon store.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:28 AM
    Local ny store on 70th and 3rd has it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:57 AM
    Local ny store on 70th and 3rd has it.

Posted via CB10
    You purchased one there? I know there's display units in all of them but I have yet to find one that you can walk out of the store with. Can you let me know?

11-30-13 12:33 PM
    Thanks buddy! Real solid reply. I went in to check out the Z30, not buy the inventory. I have a 5 month old Z10 that I still love and am not ready to give up.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:28 AM
    Thanks buddy! Real solid reply. I went in to check out the Z30, not buy the inventory. I have a 5 month old Z10 that I still love and am not ready to give up.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if you are in NYC but there's a Z30 demo on display at almost every official store ivve been in. Just none in inventory

12-01-13 10:20 AM
68 123