I had a very good experience when buying my Z10 from Rogers (Toronto) last March. They actually had an employee specifically for demoing the new Blackberry phones. He would go store to store .I actually was able to book a one-on-one after purchase to go over how to use the phone. I was so impressed I actually wrote a rare, positive email to the company and his boss. When I went to enquire about the Z30 after the public shamed them to at least carry it online, no one would give me the time of day. Couldn't even get up from their chair. At least they didn't give erroneous information about BlackBerry.

If I encountered the attitude that Verizon customer mentioned I think I would have a duty to call them out and write a letter of complaint right up to the top. That behaviour is totally unprofessional and unacceptable no matter what phone it is.

I hope John Chen does something about this.
    John Pawling likes this.
    01-29-14 05:17 PM
    I created an account just to post in this thread. I went to Verizon in Nashville, Tn a week ago to purchase a new Z30.

I walked in and said "I know this sounds crazy but I want to buy a new phone and I'd like the BBZ30." He responded with essentially a smirk and said "Why would you want to do that" I said " for a number of reasons but I mainly I just want a different OS." he basically said "look, they are good secure phones when they're working but they are about to go out of business and you can order it online for 50$ off or get a better deal at best buy" He basically was laughing at me without physically laughing and it was somewhat embarrassing. I new they would push android and apple and that's fine but man this was a frustrating experience.

There was more to the story than what was quoted but basically he wouldn't sell me the phone unless I put my foot down and he made me feel bad for even wanting a Blackberry. Today I still have my Droid 4 and am considering buying the Z30 online but I don't want to go back in to a Verizon store to pick it up or activate it. Can I receive my phone at home and do it all their if I order online?

Verizon reps really do discourage you from BB I truly experienced it and it sucks. How can I get a new Z30 w/o having to walk in to the Verizon store? I'll have to sign up for a two year plan as well but I just don't want to go in to the store ever again.

You would think when a young man walks in and says" hi I want a new phone, and this is the one I want, that they would bend over backwards for such an easy sell.
    Last edited by Au2burn; 01-30-14 at 11:18 AM.
    01-30-14 10:55 AM
    I got on BB's website because I was hoping to send a link to this thread to someone in their sales department but all I could find was a twitter account. Surprised I couldnt find an e-mail address.
    01-30-14 12:23 PM
    I created an account just to post in this thread. I went to Verizon in Nashville, Tn a week ago to purchase a new Z30.

I walked in and said "I know this sounds crazy but I want to buy a new phone and I'd like the BBZ30." He responded with essentially a smirk and said "Why would you want to do that" I said " for a number of reasons but I mainly I just want a different OS." he basically said "look, they are good secure phones when they're working but they are about to go out of business and you can order it online for 50$ off or get a better deal at best buy" He basically was laughing at me without physically laughing and it was somewhat embarrassing. I new they would push android and apple and that's fine but man this was a frustrating experience.

There was more to the story than what was quoted but basically he wouldn't sell me the phone unless I put my foot down and he made me feel bad for even wanting a Blackberry. Today I still have my Droid 4 and am considering buying the Z30 online but I don't want to go back in to a Verizon store to pick it up or activate it. Can I receive my phone at home and do it all their if I order online?

Verizon reps really do discourage you from BB I truly experienced it and it sucks. How can I get a new Z30 w/o having to walk in to the Verizon store? I'll have to sign up for a two year plan as well but I just don't want to go in to the store ever again.

You would think when a young man walks in and says" hi I want a new phone, and this is the one I want, that they would bend over backwards for such an easy sell.
    Buy all means YES! (pun intended). Thats what I kind of did, The missus got me a Z30 for Christmas (I thought it was a Z10, don't ask), from VZW online WITHOUT a plan. When it arrived, I called up VZW and activated and all be Happy, Happy, Happy!
    Also, I was/am still on my Grandfathered "All you can eat" Data plan.

Got for it, you won't be disappointed!

Love this device, Came from a 9850 Torch. Bridge (for the Playbook) is a bit hobbled, but you won't miss it to much.

GThe only issue is there are a limited nuber of cases out there for the Z30, waiting for the lineup to expand...

c
    01-30-14 12:33 PM
    Buy all means YES! (pun intended). Thats what I kind of did, The missus got me a Z30 for Christmas (I thought it was a Z10, don't ask), from VZW online WITHOUT a plan. When it arrived, I called up VZW and activated and all be Happy, Happy, Happy!
    Also, I was/am still on my Grandfathered "All you can eat" Data plan.

Got for it, you won't be disappointed!

Love this device, Came from a 9850 Torch. Bridge (for the Playbook) is a bit hobbled, but you won't miss it to much.

GThe only issue is there are a limited nuber of cases out there for the Z30, waiting for the lineup to expand...

c
    Thanks a lot, I'm going to order a new z30 online.
    01-30-14 01:19 PM
    I got on BB's website because I was hoping to send a link to this thread to someone in their sales department but all I could find was a twitter account. Surprised I couldnt find an e-mail address.

It is really bad how they treat potential blackberry customers at Verizon. Blackberry needs some reps to go in to Verizon and test these employees!
    01-30-14 01:21 PM
    Hmm, poor people there, it's a pity.

2 weeks ago I did a visit to my local T-Mobile store to get an information about one of my contracts. During that talk it showed that I had the possibility to extend two other contracts and get some new devices.

So I selected a Q5 for my wife and I had to choose between a Q10 and a Z30 for myself...all devices where presented in the shop, the last Q5 but I could grab both devices and be happy. (didn't ask a Z10 cos I own one already)

The sales guy was not an blackberry expert and had no idea about EMM regulated and the need of plan extension for that reason, but he clearly said that and offered me the Hotline with some "experts". But at no time of my visit he tried to change my decision about the devices and didn't talk bad aboud blackberry at any time. He offered me some coffee and simply did his job, it was a pleasant visit.

And of course, 10.2.1 was delivered at 01/28 ;-)

Maybe your bad experiences have to do with the fact, that they earn less money if they sell a online-only device? Or I've been lucky and met a nice sales guy.

PS: it's T-Mobile Germany...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:28 PM
    I know that on a lot of different forums there are reps from manufacturers that lurk. Hopefully a BB rep did see this thread.............
    01-30-14 01:59 PM
    just ordered my z30 online!
    John Pawling and NtotheK like this.
    01-30-14 08:12 PM
    thats exactlly what happened to me,i went to verizon store.asked for z30,they don't have any in stock.he had z10 behind the counter,he convinced me to buy i phone,i insisted a z30.i told him now i know why bbz30 or z10,don't sell.i got one after a week.its a great phone switching from galaxy.
    01-30-14 08:42 PM
    Why blame an employee, he was just passing on information a common person may hear online or in paper. There is a large amount of negative sentiment around BlackBerry, which I do believe they are trying to improve. As the BlackBerry gets better media will change its perception about them which will pass down to a common person.

Posted via CB10
    As an employee/sales rep, he should educate himself on the industry in which he works full time, rather than passing on misinformation.

I suspect he was simply pushing his own agenda.
    Since the Z30 is only available for purchase online, I'm not surprised that the sales person would push what's available for purchase in the store.

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    01-30-14 09:30 PM
    obce you hold one, youll be ditching the z10 real fast i promise. no need to hold one just get it. i knew the moment i did
    01-30-14 09:43 PM
    If I encountered the attitude that Verizon customer mentioned I think I would have a duty to call them out and write a letter of complaint right up to the top. That behaviour is totally unprofessional and unacceptable no matter what phone it is.
    Agreed. It's very unprofessional for them to give that attitude towards a customer no matter what brand of phone they are talking about. That is terrible customer service to make a customer feel bad for choosing one product over the other.

IMO store employees should only be helpful and knowledgable. They shouldn't be pushing us their biased opinions unless the customer asks for it.

This bad customer experience is just another reason why I believe that all phone manufacturers should start to get away from relying on carriers. If a phone brand isn't popular, it doesn't get much support from carriers. BlackBerry is not the only one that gets little support.
    Last edited by bbzp; 01-31-14 at 03:10 AM.
    01-31-14 02:57 AM

Not just Verizon AT&T reps do the same they gave written off BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:09 AM
    It's all over up here in Canada, Best Buy.... Future Shop.....Wireless Wave.... they have **** poor displays and will boldly try to push you towards android or apple products. It's sad when you have to rely on the Internet to get any accessories for your favorite device. So don't feel bad Verizon customers.... your not the only ones not feeling the love!

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 02-03-14 at 11:00 AM.
    02-03-14 10:23 AM
    It's all over up here in Canada, Best Buy.... Future Shop.....Wireless Wave.... they have **** poor displays and will boldly try to push you towards android or apple products. It's sad when you have to rely on the Internet to get any accessories for your favorite device. So don't feel bad Verizon customers.... your not the only ones not feeling the love!

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    Maybe it's bad in the 3rd party stores but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Telus, Bell and Rogers here in southern Ontario. In fact every BlackBerry I have bought or help activate the sales reps were very encouraging even a little jealous when I got my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:34 PM
    If it were me, I probably would have told him- for your own sake, I strongly feel you need to get your facts straight, and take 15min on the net to figure it out. Now may I speak to someone who isnt a completely misinformed?
    Being an a** to sales people won't get you anywhere. Also to the OP the iPhone and Android phones are a much safer bet to those who are commission based. The bb10 phones do have a higher return rate.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:42 PM
    So, a close friend is a corporate regional manager. We are both huge BlackBerry fans. He has the Q10, Z10, and a Z30 as do I.

Here is his "true" explanation. Remember, he oversees about 105 stores in and around the Philadelphia area. While I don't agree with the premise, I do agree with the outcome and because of this would probably push people away from BlackBerry if; and only if; the info is true.

It seems each store and individual rep has a quota. The quota is tied purely to number of activations and only new activations count, not phones purchased at full retail. Doesn't matter what phone, unless they get you to go from 3G to 4G which has a kicker. The reps basically have luck of the draw when a customer comes in. Could be one person getting one phone or a mom and dad getting 5 phones for them and their kids. Clearly the rep who lands the family gets more activations.

So how does negativity about BlackBerry come about. Well, it happens in 2 ways. First, when BlackBerry Z10 launched there was an undeniable high rate of return. When a phone is returned and swapped the rep loses the activation credit and has to spend the time with you getting another phone. So the initial Z10 launch was a poor experience and a waste of the reps time. Thus, when customers come in, the reps steer them towards phones with the lowest incidence of return/replace.

Second, there were a ton of people who bought Z10's off contract or on contract and then bought Q10's off contract. Reps hate these purchases because they have to spend the time with you and get zero credit for the sale.

Yes, all of this is completely ridiculous and should have no impact on the consumer. If you walk into a store and ask for a BlackBerry, anything less than a smile, an activation, and any setup help is not acceptable.

However, that said...if you only cared about making your quota and your target numbers were better when steered people away from BlackBerry would you do it?

Bottom line, sure stores are convenient...but I avoid the hassle. Order online, free shipping and it's as easy as changing SIM cards now with 4GLTE.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    02-04-14 12:07 AM
43 12