Verizon Scoring Exclusive for White BlackBerry Z30 and Wireless Charging? - N4BB

From a fellow BB fan site, none other than N4BB (okay I know BB Admins will scold me for mentioning them).
    hf199 likes this.
    09-21-13 09:14 PM
    Verizon Scoring Exclusive for White BlackBerry Z30 and Wireless Charging? - N4BB

From a fellow BB fan site, none other than N4BB (okay I know BB Admins will scold me for mentioning them).

Well let's see - when it comes to the BB10 products in the USA so far: ATT basically relegated the devices and marketing materials to the backroom from the beginning, T-Mobile didn't exactly trash it but their market power is limited, and Sprint was extremely late to the party.

Since no US carrier supported the BB10 devices better than Verizon did, I don't think it would surprise me THAT much if they got a white color exclusive again.
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-21-13 11:04 PM
    Doesn't bother me, I actually don't like the silver/white combo. Just looks odd. I'd be upset if they got the black exclusively. The white Q10 and Z10 look awesome, but I just don't care for the white Z30.

Even though I don't care, I still think these exclusive color options are dumb. I would think it's in BlackBerry's best interest to give all carriers all color options...unless Verizon is cutting a big check...in which case... BlackBerry could probably use the cash right about now.
    09-21-13 11:20 PM
    Even though I don't care, I still think these exclusive color options are dumb. I would think it's in BlackBerry's best interest to give all carriers all color options...unless Verizon is cutting a big check...in which case... BlackBerry could probably use the cash right about now.

Since Blackberry's negotiating position with carriers these days, given their low unit sales, is probably not very good - I would expect that they are more amenable to these kinds of deals when the alternative is potentially having the largest US wireless carrier take a pass on your latest device at a critical time for your company.
    09-21-13 11:22 PM
    I agree that the white doesn't look correct on the Z30 from the image shots alone. So I don't care for it. But the wireless charging is very important to me. I just wish VZW would give us a date already.
    09-22-13 06:10 AM
    Still say BB should be selling from their website, have a web store. Buy unlocked and bring it to the carrier that will give you the best plan at the lowest cost. That is how they can side step carriers that wont support your devices.
    09-22-13 06:24 AM
    They are stupid for giving any carrier in the US an exclusive for anything. They are only hurting their own potential sales as no on is going to switch carriers for a BlackBerry, but someone will switch devices to get something they like (white smartphone).

Posted via CB10
    copperred1.3 likes this.
    09-22-13 09:53 AM
    Verizon is the only USA carrier committed to carrying the Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are the only carrier that has announced plans to carry it. We have seen att branded z30 tho so I wouldn't go that far.

I hate that I won't be able to get wireless charging on att though. Anyone know if they will sell unlocked ones with the att lte band and wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:23 PM
    I just wish they would announce for Canada whether wireless charging models would come standard or not.
    09-23-13 12:13 AM
    This bums me. Verizon always gets the color exclusives it seems.

I was hoping for the white Z30 option from my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:15 AM
    BlackBerry bunch of idiots if they do give 1 carrier wireless charging exclusivity

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:19 AM
    I just hope they do it correctly now
    09-23-13 03:21 AM
    Just one last chance to pull this off!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:13 AM
    BlackBerry bunch of idiots if they do give 1 carrier wireless charging exclusivity

If you were the BlackBerry CEO and the largest carrier in the USA offered to carry the device only if given an exclusive on a color, and if you had not yet received any firm commitments from any other carrier to carry the device at all, what would YOU do?

I have a funny feeling you'd pick the "id!ots choice" too.

Choose carefully.

Blackberry no longer enjoys the negotiating position and market power they once did. Unfortunately at this point, if the major carriers say "jump", Blackberry should probably ask "how high"?
    SteelGreek and revtech like this.
    09-23-13 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I call BS, I highly doubt TMO wouldn't carry it.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-23-13 10:30 AM
    I agree, but the Verizon won't let phones on their network that weren't sold by them.
    09-23-13 01:20 PM
    ... ATT basically relegated the devices and marketing materials to the backroom from the beginning...
    Actually, AT&T has been running a ton of print ads particularly at the train/subway stations in the NYC area.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-23-13 01:30 PM
    The Z30 should get way faster approval than the Z10. Remember Z10 was a brand new OS. Z30 is just a version bump.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-23-13 02:01 PM
    Actually, AT&T has been running a ton of print ads particularly at the train/subway stations in the NYC area.

Well that's a new development then. When the Z10 originally rolled out on VZW and ATT, people were screaming to high heaven here on CB about the lack of marketing support for it by ATT.
    09-24-13 07:06 AM
    I'm on Verizon, so this makes me happy. However, I can see where others would be frustrated, as I would be if it were the other way around. I'm just eager to get my hands on this device, no matter the color!
    gng11 likes this.
    09-24-13 09:24 AM
    I'm on Verizon, so this makes me happy. However, I can see where others would be frustrated, as I would be if it were the other way around. I'm just eager to get my hands on this device, no matter the color!
    Someone said AT&T is advertising the Z30 on subways/tubes/undergrounds (wherever people come from).
    09-24-13 05:21 PM
    They are stupid for giving any carrier in the US an exclusive for anything. They are only hurting their own potential sales as no on is going to switch carriers for a BlackBerry, but someone will switch devices to get something they like (white smartphone).

Posted via CB10
    Who says no one will switch to verizon to get a BlackBerry. I know two people who have for the Z10 from US Cellular

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:49 AM
    I agree, but the Verizon won't let phones on their network that weren't sold by them.
    Never heard that before. Have done it often. In fact, I'm currently using a phone on Verizon I didn't buy from them.
    No problems.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    09-25-13 08:38 AM
    That's lovely. We Verizon users get a white z30 at the expense of never having it updated, as it is Verizon. Cool awesome thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:49 AM
39 12