I went in to ask about z30.... I asked rep a couple questions, he then asked me, what type of phone i wanted . I said BlackBerry z30 and his stupid reply was "ohhhhhhh you don't want to do that " I was why? That is what I want!. He said " no apps" I pulled out my z10 and showed him. I then walked away. No wonder BlackBerry does not sell. They try to make you get another type of phone

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:29 PM
    Honestly, my local Verizon store is good about Blackberries in my experience, but I think one of the managers uses a Q10. When I went in to check out the Z30, she was typing away on a blackberry and the sales staff was more than willing to direct me to the display even going so far as to say it was some "sweet hardware "

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:04 PM
    Rust monkey your store is an exception then.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:08 PM
    Go tmobile at least they don't throttle netflix
    03-24-14 11:09 PM
    Yup, same old story. Sorry you had that experience OP.

Verizon Rep Disgusted Me! He Said No Apps!-record.jpg
    03-24-14 11:14 PM
    Honestly, my local Verizon store is good about Blackberries in my experience, but I think one of the managers uses a Q10. When I went in to check out the Z30, she was typing away on a blackberry and the sales staff was more than willing to direct me to the display even going so far as to say it was some "sweet hardware "

Posted via CB10
    Same here... I've never had anyone try to tell me what not to buy. They can tell what I want and agreeably proceed to take my money as quickly as possible. Maybe it has to do with the age or the look/demeanor of a customer... Who knows.
    03-24-14 11:20 PM
    I am near NYC and I had that experience at a very busy Verizon store, they only had the Q10 on display no Z10/Z30. My sister had a bad experience at an AT&T store, she went into to get a cover for another phone the rep asked her what phone she had she said Z10 and the rep said you know they are going out of business and we had a lot of returns and lost a lot of money on them. Then finally my brother-in-law went into a AT&T store in NYC to exchange his Z10 for a new Z10 since his had some damage and first off the rep had no clue how to use the Z10 and second he also said a lot of people returned them and they lost a lot of money on them and he told him he should get an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:28 PM
    Similar story with me. Verizon rep looked at me like I had 3 heads when I said I wanted a Z30. Didn't try to discourage me though.

From a Z30
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:53 PM
    Ditto had the same thing happen to me! Most reps are clueless unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:59 PM
    it's unfortunate that this is common especially in the us, no bb phones are kept in store stock as well as best buy mobile, ntm no push or mention from sales. very crippling, they need a better sales force in the states, and probably elsewhere. I mean obviously the phone is capable.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:07 AM
    And they also removed the z10 from display, after a week It had 10.2.1 installed. That thing was there runing 10.0 ever since it was on display. I fear z30 will be removed very soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:26 AM
    I have a friend who works at a company in Canada, she deliberately tells people to avoid blackberry like a plague. I get so pissed when she told me this.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:35 AM
    I have a friend who works at a company in Canada, she deliberately tells people to avoid blackberry like a plague. I get so pissed when she told me this.
    Why? It doesn't affect you personally. These "I'm hurt because sales people aren't pushing my favorite phone" threads are out of hand in these forums. Blame the sales people all you want but, that's blaming the wrong people blame BlackBerry for getting this negative stigma in the first place.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-25-14 12:47 AM
    Verizon postal mailed this to customers (we're in NY - no BlackBerries on our verizon account, iPhones and some new samsung, none are mine, the 5c wouldn't be an upgrade for any of them - seems a general mailing). Point is.. BlackBerry is not pushing advertising and they need to.

Verizon Rep Disgusted Me! He Said No Apps!-img_20140325_014337.jpg

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-25-14 12:54 AM
    Why? It doesn't affect you personally. These "I'm hurt because sales people aren't pushing my favorite phone" threads are out of hand in these forums. Blame the sales people all you want but, that's blaming the wrong people blame BlackBerry for getting this negative stigma in the first place.

I'm not butthurt because "sales people aren't pushing my 'favorite' phone". I'm **** hurt because sales reps are slandering and lying about a device that IMHO is awesome. This in turn causes a company to possibly go out of business. If this occurs then I will not be able to purchase my "favorite" phone.

Sales reps jobs are to educate people on all the devices so that the customer can make a good decision. They should fit a device to the customer's needs, not tell them BlackBerry is out of business and push their own personal favorite phone or whatever company is offering the best kick back that month. Sometimes it's difficult to put the customers needs ahead of your own. If I were a manager I would reprimand my sales force for this crap. And I promise you people would be fired if they didn't stop.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:02 AM

"blame BlackBerry for getting this negative stigma" and when does this blaming stop? When is it pure bull and irrelevant.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-26-14 at 10:02 AM.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-25-14 01:14 AM
    Exactly!! I agree with you 100%.... with sales rep like the ones we bump into it will be impossible for me to get a BlackBerry flagship in the future. Also they are to educate and not bluntly say "ohhhh you don't want to do that " I taught this guy was joking at first.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-26-14 at 10:02 AM.
    03-25-14 01:14 AM
    If I ever ask for the next BlackBerry phone and they tell me to "oh but... " I'll be like " no buts do your job..."

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    dan99x99, Ealaionta and NinjaB like this.
    03-25-14 01:19 AM

You don't get it do you? She tell people to avoid blackberry and not even give it a chance? Like seriously everyone has their own choice in choosing a phone and no one should tell another person to avoid a company when they know absolutely nothing about.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-25-14 01:50 AM
    if i was told to get any other phone that what i went to buy, i would tell the guy/girl, it's my money, i want to spend it on a pathetic, useless, DOA and inferior device, do you mind!!! if you do quit, if you don't then shut up and bring me the DOA device. Then i would ask for a big discount coz the device is pathetic, useless, DOA, inferior and the company dead and no one else buying the device, coz such a device should be sold at a discount... :-)
    03-25-14 02:56 AM
    Try "The phone I asked for or your manager, your choice"

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    03-25-14 03:55 AM
    The Verizon reps at my store were cool about it. I knew what I want and didn't come to shop around or pick fights. I also know a lot when it comes to phones in general so they didn't really question me after we conversed for a bit. When they opened my Z30 and played with it for the first time, they understood hahaha. They loved my phone and kept asking to play with it. I gave them a quick run through of bb10 on my Q10 and the Z30.

It's not always about the reps. You have to be confident, not get easily frustrated, and not easily swayed.

Posted with new Z30!
    wyrdfool and GPuba like this.
    03-25-14 05:11 AM
    I stopped by a Verizon store yesterday to reactivate my Z30 on verizon and the sales rep was very fascinated( yes he had never seen a z30) with the phone. And he said I'm excited that you have a different phone and it feels nice and different...he went on to say that he's tired of seeing the same phones(Apple/Samsung)...bottom line he was impressed!

Posted via Amazing Z30

Posted via Amazing Z30
    03-25-14 05:46 AM
    I'm not butthurt because "sales people aren't pushing my 'favorite' phone". I'm **** hurt because sales reps are slandering and lying about a device that IMHO is awesome. This in turn causes a company to possibly go out of business. If this occurs then I will not be able to purchase my "favorite" phone.

Sales reps jobs are to educate people on all the devices so that the customer can make a good decision. They should fit a device to the customer's needs, not tell them BlackBerry is out of business and push their own personal favorite phone or whatever company is offering the best kick back that month. Sometimes it's difficult to put the customers needs ahead of your own. If I were a manager I would reprimand my sales force for this crap. And I promise you people would be fired if they didn't stop.

Posted via CB10
    You really think that enough people actually went to a Verizon store and was dissuaded to get a BlackBerry and now that's why they are doing bad? There's a hell of a lot of reasons why BlackBerry is doing bad but to say its all the reps fault is just stupid. These stories that talk about sales people are so anecdotal it does not represent what is really going on.

Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-25-14 06:05 AM
    "blame BlackBerry for getting this negative stigma" and when does this blaming stop? When is it pure bull**** and irrelevant.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    If its irrelevant and its blaming why direct anger at the sales reps then? Blaming needs to stop like you said and you are right this stuff is irrelevant. I don't understand trying to defend a company that only cares if you buy their products.

03-25-14 07:18 AM
140 123 ...