If you are a BlackBerry fan and getting the phone anyways, what's the problem? You say we have choice, all of a sudden we lose choice in front of a sales rep?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    If you are not a BlackBerry fan, and not getting the phone anyways, what's your problem? You say we have a choice, and all of a sudden... oh dear... we don't have one... oops.
    03-26-14 12:35 AM
    Bottom line here is that I was not mad at the sales rep for trashing BlackBerry, I was mad that I had made a choice on a device , and he was questioning my decision. He said he had sold one BlackBerry the last two years, and that he owned a Q10 vzw gave him for work and that he didn't even want to touch it because BlackBerry wanted to charge him for downloading apps. The negative comments are what upsets me at a device he has not even used.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:39 AM
    And..... they did remove the z30 today for the new M8. no more z30 on display

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:41 AM
    Working at a Verizon dealer and also a proud owner of a Z30, one of the biggest reasons verizon reps respond the way they do to blackberry devices is the lack of training. Most reps are not refreshed on the newer features. That and the Q10 and Z10 are normally the lowest profit device for commission, we actually get paid better to sell a flip phone over a blackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    This...^^^ nothing but this ^^^
    It is the responsibility of management to provide training. It's easy to do.
    03-26-14 12:44 AM
    How are you humiliated? If you are an adult you let yourself be humiliated by another adult?

It's called being spoken down to in public by a faux know it all. I've experienced it. I am knowledgeable enough to get around it, most people are not. Maybe you are too young to understand that (not a jab).
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-26-14 12:48 AM
    Why? It doesn't affect you personally. These "I'm hurt because sales people aren't pushing my favorite phone" threads are out of hand in these forums. Blame the sales people all you want but, that's blaming the wrong people blame BlackBerry for getting this negative stigma in the first place.

and how do you think bb got this negative stigma... bad press and uninformed sales clerks
    03-26-14 01:23 AM
    Propaganda? Are you serious? Everyone who is critical of BlackBerry MUST have a secret agenda. I was a fan of BlackBerry for a looonnngg time. But, I upgraded before the 10.2.1 update dropped and the Z30 was too large for me to use in one hand. Anyways, you shouldn't have to get upset over a company who could care less in the bottom line how you feel and in reality wants your money just like all the other companies people here vilify. The fact that you guys get so worked up shows you are just being unpaid BlackBerry spokesmen who will make sure nothing bad about BlackBerry is said. Yes sales people can be wrong, but do you crucify the grocer fro not knowing whats the best food brands to buy? Do you get upset when you car dealer does not know much about a particular car model? The fact that you guys get so upset over something so petty is ridiculous.

A grocer may or may not need to know the "best" food brands to buy, I wouldn't get terribly upset other than having to carry on a possibly awkward conversation if he's just selling food without knowing anything. But a dealership? A dealer that doesn't know much about a particular car model is one that won't make a sale with someone who has more knowledge than the dealer. If the dealer can't identify even trim line differences they shouldn't be selling anything. So yes, that would upsetting. Imagine going to a dealership looking to upgrade and they can't tell you why you should be buying any particular car. "Well, it's got four wheels and a gasoline engine, so let's step into my office." No. Fail. Would you want that same level of service from, say, a pharmacist or a real estate agent?

Maybe BlackBerry didn't send in more shipments of the devices. You don't know the full story.

There's a difference between saying "We're out of handsets." and "They're not making any more for us to sell." Most stores will tell you the former when an item is missing from the shelves - unless they've stopped selling it, then they'll naturally say they aren't selling that item.

You can say what your point was. Not being a **** I'm just really confused on what your point was.

I'll translate. The rep in question was about to damage the device and was stopped before it could happen. A rep should have enough training to swap a SIM or be wise enough to take it out of sight and get help unbeknownst to the customer.

If I anger or annoy some, I am just playing devils advocates and trying to bring some realism to this situation. If you are happy for what your devices do now that's amazing. Its your own preference. I also understand if you favor BlackBerry heavily. But, no one should be caught up in your personal feelings about BlackBerry. Causing a hoopla, calling managers and what not over something so petty is just not really logical. Unless you are getting paid to protect BlackBerry from sales reps, being a guardian of all things BlackBerry is not your job.

There's some on this forum that possibly carry it too far. But these reps are getting paid to know the correct answer to questions wireless, not to misinform customers.
    03-26-14 02:38 AM
    If you are not a BlackBerry fan, and not getting the phone anyways, what's your problem? You say we have a choice, and all of a sudden... oh dear... we don't have one... oops.
    He's probably a Verizon rep
    03-26-14 03:01 AM
    Bottom line here is that I was not mad at the sales rep for trashing BlackBerry, I was mad that I had made a choice on a device , and he was questioning my decision. He said he had sold one BlackBerry the last two years, and that he owned a Q10 vzw gave him for work and that he didn't even want to touch it because BlackBerry wanted to charge him for downloading apps. The negative comments are what upsets me at a device he has not even used.

Posted via CB10
    He was just throwing his Random opinion STOP ******** about it...Just like BB diehards used to show or say "No i find it fluid,we have all the apps,etc"
    03-26-14 04:48 AM
    I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this entire thread. FYI: I am a BlackBerry fan.

03-26-14 05:02 AM
    It's called being spoken down to in public by a faux know it all. I've experienced it. I am knowledgeable enough to get around it, most people are not. Maybe you are too young to understand that (not a jab).
    You usually say something if a "know it all" says something incorrect. But I do say that no one should be talking down on anyone.

03-26-14 05:04 AM
    and how do you think bb got this negative stigma... bad press and uninformed sales clerks
    Because they weren't do well in the mobile space. When you don't do well you and lose market share and customers, of course you'll get bad press and sales clerks who will say don't get this device.

03-26-14 05:06 AM
    A grocer may or may not need to know the "best" food brands to buy, I wouldn't get terribly upset other than having to carry on a possibly awkward conversation if he's just selling food without knowing anything. But a dealership? A dealer that doesn't know much about a particular car model is one that won't make a sale with someone who has more knowledge than the dealer. If the dealer can't identify even trim line differences they shouldn't be selling anything. So yes, that would upsetting. Imagine going to a dealership looking to upgrade and they can't tell you why you should be buying any particular car. "Well, it's got four wheels and a gasoline engine, so let's step into my office." No. Fail. Would you want that same level of service from, say, a pharmacist or a real estate agent?
    But, if you are spending hundreds if dollars on anything, you should be a good consumer in the first place and do proper research on it. That's the problem with a lot of consumers today, they buy stuff on whims and get buyers remorse. That's how I got into the tech game in the first place I researched a lot about phones when I wanted to get a new one.

03-26-14 05:11 AM
    There's a difference between saying "We're out of handsets." and "They're not making any more for us to sell." Most stores will tell you the former when an item is missing from the shelves - unless they've stopped selling it, then they'll naturally say they aren't selling that item.
    Like I said before, we don't know the full story on that one. I think I'll just leave that one alone.

03-26-14 05:15 AM
    I'll translate. The rep in question was about to damage the device and was stopped before it could happen. A rep should have enough training to swap a SIM or be wise enough to take it out of sight and get help unbeknownst to the customer.
    Ahh. Thanks for clarifying. I honestly did get confused about what was going on.

03-26-14 05:18 AM
    There's some on this forum that possibly carry it too far. But these reps are getting paid to know the correct answer to questions wireless, not to misinform customers.
    That is true. But if someone is incorrect point them out, or go to another store. The big four carriers have stores everywhere. I also do believe some do take it far as well.

03-26-14 05:20 AM
    He's probably a Verizon rep
    I wish. Sounds like decent pay to me.

03-26-14 05:21 AM
    The proper thing to do is complain to the store manager before/instead of the CrackBerry community.
    03-26-14 05:58 AM
    Same here... I've never had anyone try to tell me what not to buy. They can tell what I want and agreeably proceed to take my money as quickly as possible. Maybe it has to do with the age or the look/demeanor of a customer... Who knows.
    Right. I am thinking the same thing. They prob don't want to tell a woman of "age" what not to get and so they don't discourage me. (Notice Im not saying WHAT age!)
    03-26-14 07:18 AM
    I don't think anyone should held a phone salesperson knowledge in such high regard. They do nothing more than just to push the easiest and fastest sales to anyone. BB10 by all accounts is anew phone that not many people are familiar with. There's a new learning curve compare to Apple and android phones. If salespeople know anything about BB10 devices, mostly learn on their own time at their own interest. Carriers could not careless unless there's a written agreement with the phone companies. Instead of complaining about salesperson attitude towards BB10 devices. The most effective way is to speak with your money. If enough people do that, the tune will change. Unfortunately, most consumers do not buy the phone outright. At least not in North America. So the decision making is a bit careless.
    03-26-14 07:55 AM
    "You want this car with a manual transmission? / You don't wanna do that! / Nobody uses those anymore. / You'll get worse fuel economy. / I heard the manufacturer isn't going to sell manual transmissions anymore!"
    03-26-14 09:47 AM
    Really?!?

You mean that "negative stigma" had nothing to do with:
    - the completely botched launch of BB10
    - the brutally clunky OS at launch
    - the constant refrain from BBRY to "just wait for it to be fixed with OS 10.x"
    - the completely invisible marketing and sales support from BBRY

Let's face it.

BB10 was not ready for prime time when it was launched despite the loooong delays.

When it finally did launch, it was brutal and clunky and all we ever heard from BBRY was: "wait, it will all be fixed when 10.x comes out" and all we heard from fanboys was "what do you expect from a brand new OS which doesn't share a single, solitary line of code with BBOS? Be patient!"

The negative stigma was not created by the press or the sales clerks, it was created by BBRY.

And, again, I ask, if this is all so bad and is really what is killing BB10 sales, what the heck is BBRY management doing about it?!? Any responsible management team would go out there and actually address the issue rather than just sitting back and doing sweet nothing.

In that case, either BBRY management:
    a) doesn't care; or
    b) is completely incompetent

But blaming the media and the sales clerks just doesn't cut it.
    03-26-14 09:49 AM
    Its not called ********.... its called sharing my experience, very different.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:17 AM
    I went to a Verizon authorized retailer to look at/buy a new phone. While talking with the rep, I pulled out my z10 and he actually laughed. I looked at him and asked him if he just laughed at the fact that I had a BlackBerry. He replied, "no....i saw something in the floor." I looked at him and said, "you're full of $hit". I continued to talk to him for a few minutes, but left and ultimately bought my phone at another store. Point is, my feelings were not hurt that he laughed at my BlackBerry. I was appalled that someone who is trying to get your sale would blatantly insult a customer. On that alone, I refused to give him the sale.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 and canuckvoip like this.
    03-26-14 11:13 AM
    You're calling the sales rep stupid?

Tell me - is it your fault that you cannot do advanced calculus or quantam physics? Or is it because nobody taught it to you?

Does that make you STUPID when it comes to math and physics?

Perhaps you should re-think your position and your poor attitude towards salespeople - your hatred should be directed towards BB for being too incompetent and CHEAP to educate the public and the salespeople about their product.

Give your head a shake and grow up.
    03-26-14 11:23 AM
140 ... 23456