I do believe that this broken record will go scratching along until we accept what John Chen said about the future direction of the company. Certainly the cell carriers around the world picked up something we must have missed. Could it be that the future direction would focus on the enterprise market? One thing should be pretty clear by now. Almost every cell phone provider has acted in similar fashion and BlackBerry has made no movement to correct, should there have been some misunderstanding. If you were Verizon or any other cell provider with concern for your customer base and competitive position, what advice would you be passing out given the signals laid out above?

Posted via CB 10 with Z30 on AT&T
    03-25-14 11:48 AM
    If you haven't seen this already... check it out.

Mr. Steve Jobs unveils the long awaited iPhone at the MacWorld conference in January 07.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/keynote/#mn_p
    Its not necessarily cheaper online and the majority of people who buy devices in the U.S. buy on contract.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-25-14 11:52 AM
    I do believe that this broken record will go scratching along until we accept what John Chen said about the future direction of the company. Certainly the cell carriers around the world picked up something we must have missed. Could it be that the future direction would focus on the enterprise market? One thing should be pretty clear by now. Almost every cell phone provider has acted in similar fashion and BlackBerry has made no movement to correct, should there have been some misunderstanding. If you were Verizon or any other cell provider with concern for your customer base and competitive position, what advice would you be passing out given the signals laid out above?

Posted via CB 10 with Z30 on AT&T
    The enterprise focus is based on most benefit for least cost. Z3 is a attempt to catch consumers in foreign markets. So no. The carriers aren't knowledgeable nor do they know more than we know. The plan is gain traction in things that are easiest to win and move up. to me they can't address the carrier problem because they do not have the resources right now to deal with it. So instead they offer all phones online on their own website.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 11:53 AM
    Its not necessarily cheaper online and the majority of people who buy devices in the U.S. buy on contract.

Contracts are more expensive in the long run.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 11:54 AM
    I turn this around any chance I get...I like to make fun of iphone users telling them their "toy phone" is so obsolete...and offering a quick demo of what a real phone (Q10) looks like.

Perhaps BlackBerry should persue these matters legally? I mean there's likely a contract that says stores will not downplay (lie about) their product or push the competitor's junk?

Posted via CB750
    03-25-14 12:04 PM
    Lol A895, you are hilarious.
    What's the point of Verizon being exclusive with the z30 if they don't even educate their team about a product they push. It's not all just blackberry's fault, blackberry hasn't had the best team of manager until now that John Chen is in power. As time passes we will see this under dog company prevail from the depths and raise to occasion. Too much potential is in bb10. Heck my daily driver is a nexus 5 and boy does android feel so sluggish compared to my bb10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-14 12:18 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry didn't send in more shipments of the devices. You don't know the full story.

I understand what you're saying and perhaps I should rephrase or retranslate rather. In plain English this is what he said: BlackBerry is not making any new devices. Really dude?

I agree mostly with your devils advocate post. There's too much attention from CB users concerning the lack of attention by sales reps. I understand the sentiment, although I feel the forums on CB are too crowded with these sentiments.

All well, to each his own. It's the first time I heard this from a sales rep myself and thought let me share his thoughts that got Lost in Translation. Life goes on!
    03-25-14 12:23 PM
    All we ask is sales reps that don't question our demands... nothing to do with BlackBerry itself.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:31 PM
    I was on the phone with a sale rep on Verizon and they admitted on recorded phone call that BlackBerry is the most secure and that android and ios can be hacked and info gets leaked even after their os patches or updates and windows phone is too cheaply made and blackberry would endure physical damage and be secure were my private info don't leak as a food service worker in food service in a hospital and the Z30 is the best in hardware since you said didn't like physical keyboards that much.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:33 PM
    Contracts are more expensive in the long run.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Maybe so. But that's the way the U.S. phone market works.

Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-25-14 01:13 PM
    Lol A895, you are hilarious.
    What's the point of Verizon being exclusive with the z30 if they don't even educate their team about a product they push. It's not all just blackberry's fault, blackberry hasn't had the best team of manager until now that John Chen is in power. As time passes we will see this under dog company prevail from the depths and raise to occasion. Too much potential is in bb10. Heck my daily driver is a nexus 5 and boy does android feel so sluggish compared to my bb10
    I call BS on you owning a Nexus 5 and saying its sluggish. If anything the battery life is short but to say its slow, that does not sound right at all. Chen has to do something extraordinary in order for them to "rise to the occasion". Also, yeah a good portion of their problems is BlackBerrys fault. BlackBerry Team Manager=BlackBerry.

03-25-14 01:19 PM
    I was on the phone with a sale rep on Verizon and they admitted on recorded phone call that BlackBerry is the most secure and that android and ios can be hacked and info gets leaked even after their os patches or updates and windows phone is too cheaply made and blackberry would endure physical damage and be secure were my private info don't leak as a food service worker in food service in a hospital and the Z30 is the best in hardware since you said didn't like physical keyboards that much.

Posted via CB10
    Largest run on sentence ever.

leehardballer12 likes this.
    03-25-14 01:20 PM
    Same here at AT&T Puerto Rico, I had to change the Sim card on one of my phones and the guy was going to insert a pin through the mic at the top to "get the Sim card out ", I had to stop him and open the back cover for him and replace the Sim card myself. What else can I say!!!

Life is simple, we are the ones that complicate it !!! Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 on AT&T
    03-25-14 01:28 PM
    Same here at AT&T Puerto Rico, I had to change the Sim card on one of my phones and the guy was going to insert a pin through the mic at the top to "get the Sim card out ", I had to stop him and open the back cover for him and replace the Sim card myself. What else can I say!!!

Life is simple, we are the ones that complicate it !!! Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 on AT&T
    You can say what your point was. Not being a **** I'm just really confused on what your point was.

03-25-14 01:41 PM
    What you want a picture with my username? I'm saying Android sucks.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-14 03:00 PM
    I was talking to Verizon today about adding my mother to my plan and when we got to the part about what phone she would get I told the lady it would be a z10. I told her that bb10 was to me a very fluid and simple platform and that my nearly 70 year old mom sometimes struggles with knowing what app does what and I have a suspicion BlackBerry can solve a lot of that. Told her that I had never owned a BlackBerry prior to January and I love this thing. She went on to tell me that I was the first person she had heard say that. My response was it's not hard to see that since most sales reps wrinkle their noses and make you feel like you are doing something wrong if you say you want a BlackBerry. I explained some of the features that I liked and suggested she look at the reviews on Verizon and amazon and she would see that Verizon is short changing an under rated device. Before it was all over she explained to me that in training the BlackBerry was the one she was most scared of and she didnt even pick it up. She told me that because of what I had told her she was going to get a z30 and try it out for a week and see if it was all I said and actually get familiar with it. I'd say that actually went pretty good if she goes ahead and does it.

Posted via CB10
    Daniel Adkins and dglx3d like this.
    03-25-14 04:17 PM
    I went to Verizon today to looking to see if they had any cases for my Z30 that arrives tomorrow and the rep did not have any nor as he ever seen a Z30 but really wants to; so I told him I will let him see mines when I pick it up from Fedex in the morning.
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 04:19 PM
    Propaganda? Are you serious? Everyone who is critical of BlackBerry MUST have a secret agenda. I was a fan of BlackBerry for a looonnngg time. But, I upgraded before the 10.2.1 update dropped and the Z30 was too large for me to use in one hand. Anyways, you shouldn't have to get upset over a company who could care less in the bottom line how you feel and in reality wants your money just like all the other companies people here vilify. The fact that you guys get so worked up shows you are just being unpaid BlackBerry spokesmen who will make sure nothing bad about BlackBerry is said. Yes sales people can be wrong, but do you crucify the grocer fro not knowing whats the best food brands to buy? Do you get upset when you car dealer does not know much about a particular car model? The fact that you guys get so upset over something so petty is ridiculous.

About as ridiculous as getting all mad at something and then running to another platform but hang around the fan website of the old platform? Cause that's pretty ridiculous in itself.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-25-14 04:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sadly typical post on crackberry these days, reps are full of **** until they talk up blackberry then they are the font of all knowledge.

Can't have it both ways.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    03-25-14 05:05 PM
    About as ridiculous as getting all mad at something and then running to another platform but hang around the fan website of the old platform? Cause that's pretty ridiculous in itself.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    Personal attacks will not change the fact this whole thing is STUPID.

03-25-14 05:26 PM
    Honestly, my local Verizon store is good about Blackberries in my experience, but I think one of the managers uses a Q10. When I went in to check out the Z30, she was typing away on a blackberry and the sales staff was more than willing to direct me to the display even going so far as to say it was some "sweet hardware "

Posted via CB10
    And we've now found the exception to the rule...

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-25-14 05:46 PM
    Honestly, my local Verizon store is good about Blackberries in my experience, but I think one of the managers uses a Q10. When I went in to check out the Z30, she was typing away on a blackberry and the sales staff was more than willing to direct me to the display even going so far as to say it was some "sweet hardware "

Posted via CB10
    This has been my experience in every Verizon store I have been to, including their 'Verizon Experience Store' at MOA. Not only was there a live Z30 with a display on par with every other phone there, but also live Z10's in black and white with a similar display. I'm not saying anyone was going out of their way to sell me a BlackBerry, but when approached and after making my interest clear, I've heard overall positive comments from the salespeople about the new BB devices. The only negative I've heard about is how BlackBerry is behind on apps, which is what it is, but since that's at the bottom of my list of importance for a communication device, it's not really a negative for me. Idk if it's how I carry myself, or because of the nature of the conversations I have, but almost always I've had positive encounters with Verizon staff about BB devices, and they have had at least a basic knowledge about the devices. My experience has been in Verizon corporate stores in Minnesota and the Experience Store at MOA.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 07:19 PM
    Blackberry really needs to put out more trainings for carrier employees. It's usually the phone manufacturer that provides the training material at least in my experience. I just don't think blackberry has enough in the bank to do that currently.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:26 PM
    Yeah, sane story all around.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:59 PM
    Go tmobile at least they don't throttle netflix
    HAHA....
    03-26-14 12:09 AM
140 12345 ...