You don't get it do you? She tell people to avoid blackberry and not even give it a chance? Like seriously everyone has their own choice in choosing a phone and no one should tell another person to avoid a company when they know absolutely nothing about.
    If you are a BlackBerry fan and getting the phone anyways, what's the problem? You say we have choice, all of a sudden we lose choice in front of a sales rep?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    GPuba likes this.
    03-25-14 07:19 AM
    Same with my local reps. They act like BlackBerry is crap but oookkk if that's what you want attitude. That is until I showed em a few things after the update. The z10 I bought was off contract from one of the reps. When I took it back in to get my daughters contacts switched over I suggested they update their display model and when they asked why I showed em. Got the z30 out (the one they don't carry in house) and showed them snap. Downloaded rhapsody because that was the one thing the rep wanted that BlackBerry didn't have. It loaded and installed and we stopped short of logging him in so I'm not sure if it actually runs but bottom line he was impressed. I also know this guy is a Samsung advocate, they gave him a new phone to talk up their stuff. He's not going to push BlackBerry no matter how much he's impressed.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:36 AM
    If you are a BlackBerry fan and getting the phone anyways, what's the problem? You say we have choice, all of a sudden we lose choice in front of a sales rep?

The point your missing is that BB10 rocks and is better than most of the current phones out. It's smooth and does a better job of handling emails than android if you don't use Gmail. Reps are killing off blackberry not because the phone sucks but because they haven't even tried the phones and have an opinion on something they don't have a clue about. Tmoble was a perfect example when they did that turn in the old blackberry for a new phone. My dad wanted a blackberry so we went to the store and the sales rep was pushing hard for my dad to buy a Samsung or an iPhone. Called my z30 crap and I had him removed as the salesmen and requested another. The manager reprimanded him but I could tell that the manager really didn't care for Blackberry either. The girl who then attended us had no clue how the phone worked at all. You say we should stop blaming reps but the reps are the front line when you go.to.purchase a phone and if your not familiar with phones and go in to buy a blackberry but the rep tells you don't what will the majority do? Buy a non BlackBerry product. Did blackberry drop the ball in the beginning? Yes of course they did. But the z30 is a wonderful phone and its being bad mouth by those that are at the front line. So your wrong in saying we the Crackberry community shouldn't be upset when we have every right to be upset. I also noticed that your jot using a blackberry. Do I smell propaganda here?

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-14 07:41 AM
    The point your missing is that BB10 rocks and is better than most of the current phones out. It's smooth and does a better job of handling emails than android if you don't use Gmail. Reps are killing off blackberry not because the phone sucks but because they haven't even tried the phones and have an opinion on something they don't have a clue about. Tmoble was a perfect example when they did that turn in the old blackberry for a new phone. My dad wanted a blackberry so we went to the store and the sales rep was pushing hard for my dad to buy a Samsung or an iPhone. Called my z30 crap and I had him removed as the salesmen and requested another. The manager reprimanded him but I could tell that the manager really didn't care for Blackberry either. The girl who then attended us had no clue how the phone worked at all. You say we should stop blaming reps but the reps are the front line when you go.to.purchase a phone and if your not familiar with phones and go in to buy a blackberry but the rep tells you don't what will the majority do? Buy a non BlackBerry product. Did blackberry drop the ball in the beginning? Yes of course they did. But the z30 is a wonderful phone and its being bad mouth by those that are at the front line. So your wrong in saying we the Crackberry community shouldn't be upset when we have every right to be upset. I also noticed that your jot using a blackberry. Do I smell propaganda here?

Posted via CB10
    Propaganda? Are you serious? Everyone who is critical of BlackBerry MUST have a secret agenda. I was a fan of BlackBerry for a looonnngg time. But, I upgraded before the 10.2.1 update dropped and the Z30 was too large for me to use in one hand. Anyways, you shouldn't have to get upset over a company who could care less in the bottom line how you feel and in reality wants your money just like all the other companies people here vilify. The fact that you guys get so worked up shows you are just being unpaid BlackBerry spokesmen who will make sure nothing bad about BlackBerry is said. Yes sales people can be wrong, but do you crucify the grocer fro not knowing whats the best food brands to buy? Do you get upset when you car dealer does not know much about a particular car model? The fact that you guys get so upset over something so petty is ridiculous.

03-25-14 07:57 AM
    You really think that enough people actually went to a Verizon store and was dissuaded to get a BlackBerry and now that's why they are doing bad? There's a hell of a lot of reasons why BlackBerry is doing bad but to say its all the reps fault is just stupid. These stories that talk about sales people are so anecdotal it does not represent what is really going on.

No. I feel that sales reps are so incredibly biased to not even learn about a BlackBerry product to even consider it to try and fit it to someone else's needs. You can't fix a perception problem when you have reps and media spewing bs stories or very biased articles.

Look at the mobile madness competition. A full blown review of a nexus 5 vs an unboxing video with a dead Z30. What kind of BS is that? Personally I don't know think there is a way to fix it. They should drop consumer and then change the name of their phones to something else. BlackBerry is too far gone imho. The name. Not the company.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:10 AM
    No. I feel that sales reps are so incredibly biased to not even learn about a BlackBerry product to even consider it to try and fit it to someone else's needs. You can't fix a perception problem when you have reps and media spewing bs stories or very biased articles.

Look at the mobile madness competition. A full blown review of a nexus 5 vs an unboxing video with a dead Z30. What kind of BS is that? Personally I don't know think there is a way to fix it. They should drop consumer and then change the name of their phones to something else. BlackBerry is too far gone imho. The name. Not the company.

Posted via CB10
    I actually agree with that. A name change would help a lot with perception, but I think they would keep it out of symbolic reasons. BlackBerry no matter how tarnished an image, is still a household name. I also agree there is a lot of bias against BlackBerry and I adamantly stuck up for BlackBerry on the Verge several times despite a large consensus blackberry should go die in a corner. I hope they can change things around. But, it starts with them and not everyone else. They have to put out devices that can change minds and win hearts. That's the only way they can win in the mobile space.

03-25-14 08:16 AM
    I said BlackBerry z30 and his stupid reply was "ohhhhhhh you don't want to do that " I was why? That is what I want!. He said " no apps"
    Was he lying?
    03-25-14 08:28 AM
    I also know this guy is a Samsung advocate, they gave him a new phone to talk up their stuff. He's not going to push BlackBerry no matter how much he's impressed.
    Key point. Samsung knows how to work with sales reps to increase sales. BlackBerry mainly ignores them.
    03-25-14 08:30 AM
    I actually agree with that. A name change would help a lot with perception, but I think they would keep it out of symbolic reasons. BlackBerry no matter how tarnished an image, is still a household name. I also agree there is a lot of bias against BlackBerry and I adamantly stuck up for BlackBerry on the Verge several times despite a large consensus blackberry should go die in a corner. I hope they can change things around. But, it starts with them and not everyone else. They have to put out devices that can change minds and win hearts. That's the only way they can win in the mobile space.

What kind of device would that be? Imho the Z30 should be that device. It's one of the highest rated phones on amazon and carriers. Yet apparently it is still a ****ty *** phone. Haha. It's perception. And I'm not sure what BlackBerry can do to change it because media will still say it's crap just for being a BlackBerry. Sales reps will still say it's worthless and other things that are borderline libelous. So the public perception won't change unless the owners and customers correct this bs.

I have been to several Verizon stores where the sales rep said that the Z30 was worthless and someone would be better getting a used iPhone 3gs(or name some other obsolete phone) off eBay when the customers asked about them specifically. I walked over and handed the customer my Z30 and told them they could play with mine since the sales rep wouldn't do their job and educate a customer on all products. I would then walk them through beginning with swiping up to turn on the device. The person was majorly impressed on how it worked and she was huge into twitter,txt, email and whatsapp. The hub is great for her. That's what sold the phone to her. I told her that if she felt it was too big that the Z10 was decent and cheaper. But she would definitely need to buy another battery to go with it for sure. She bought a Z30. Sales rep was not happy. I gave the lady my email address and BBM pin and told her if she needed anything to email or BBM me any time. She still loves the phone.

I guess BlackBerry is to blame for not training sales reps. But then again... how do we know that's really the truth. How do we know that BlackBerry didn't train managers and it was their jobs to train the employees and they didn't do it because they don't think BlackBerry is relevant? We don't. I honestly think blame goes to both BlackBerry and the carriers. Carriers should be responsible for training and educating their employees. BlackBerry should be responsible for giving them the means to train properly.

Maybe I'm weird. But I honestly will not argue about something I'm not educated on. Or if I'm not well enough educated in the topic of discussion I will admit it and do more research on said topic. Perhaps I'm a minority. I just believe it's a sales reps job to be educated in their products. And they should be willing to learn all products. It's their job.

Posted via CB10
    blusls, maddie1128 and dglx3d like this.
    03-25-14 08:39 AM
    What kind of device would that be? Imho the Z30 should be that device. It's one of the highest rated phones on amazon and carriers. Yet apparently it is still a ****ty *** phone. Haha. It's perception. And I'm not sure what BlackBerry can do to change it because media will still say it's crap just for being a BlackBerry. Sales reps will still say it's worthless and other things that are borderline libelous. So the public perception won't change unless the owners and customers correct this bs.

I have been to several Verizon stores where the sales rep said that the Z30 was worthless and someone would be better getting a used iPhone 3gs(or name some other obsolete phone) off eBay when the customers asked about them specifically. I walked over and handed the customer my Z30 and told them they could play with mine since the sales rep wouldn't do their job and educate a customer on all products. I would then walk them through beginning with swiping up to turn on the device. The person was majorly impressed on how it worked and she was huge into twitter,txt, email and whatsapp. The hub is great for her. That's what sold the phone to her. I told her that if she felt it was too big that the Z10 was decent and cheaper. But she would definitely need to buy another battery to go with it for sure. She bought a Z30. Sales rep was not happy. I gave the lady my email address and BBM pin and told her if she needed anything to email or BBM me any time. She still loves the phone.

I guess BlackBerry is to blame for not training sales reps. But then again... how do we know that's really the truth. How do we know that BlackBerry didn't train managers and it was their jobs to train the employees and they didn't do it because they don't think BlackBerry is relevant? We don't. I honestly think blame goes to both BlackBerry and the carriers. Carriers should be responsible for training and educating their employees. BlackBerry should be responsible for giving them the means to train properly.

Maybe I'm weird. But I honestly will not argue about something I'm not educated on. Or if I'm not well enough educated in the topic of discussion I will admit it and do more research on said topic. Perhaps I'm a minority. I just believe it's a sales reps job to be educated in their products. And they should be willing to learn all products. It's their job.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 while awesome, is it really that much better than the competition? I won't go into specs because its different OS but for pure communication maybe. But for anything else or more than that I would have a hard time recommending it when so many better options are available. The Lumia Icon was the best step in the right direction for WP and Blackberry needs something similar.

Kashan Osama likes this.
    03-25-14 08:46 AM
    Next time anyone goes into a store and ask for a BB10 device and the sales rep try to persuade them to an iPhone or Android,...quickly ask then this,.."Why in hell would I want one of those insecure @ss devices?",...then follow-up with,...we both know that Blackberry is way more secure than other smartphones,...don't we?

Blackberry needs to start playing it's "secure card",...and I mean play it fiercely.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 03-25-14 at 10:10 AM.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-14 08:48 AM
    . . . pass the popcorn . . .
    03-25-14 09:32 AM
    Working at a Verizon dealer and also a proud owner of a Z30, one of the biggest reasons verizon reps respond the way they do to blackberry devices is the lack of training. Most reps are not refreshed on the newer features. That and the Q10 and Z10 are normally the lowest profit device for commission, we actually get paid better to sell a flip phone over a blackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    03-25-14 09:41 AM
    If its irrelevant and its blaming why direct anger at the sales reps then? Blaming needs to stop like you said and you are right this stuff is irrelevant. I don't understand trying to defend a company that only cares if you buy their products.

That goes both ways.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 09:42 AM
    Working at a Verizon dealer and also a proud owner of a Z30, one of the biggest reasons verizon reps respond the way they do to blackberry devices is the lack of training. Most reps are not refreshed on the newer features. That and the Q10 and Z10 are normally the lowest profit device for commission, we actually get paid better to sell a flip phone over a blackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 09:43 AM
    I would like to also add over the course of a year I have met representatives from LG, Samsung, HTC, and even Kyocera to talk about current and upcoming devices, device training, and answer any questions reps have. I have yet to meet anyone from RIM, maybe other stores have someone visit but it would do wonders on the store front.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    03-25-14 10:06 AM
    That goes both ways.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    What does that mean?

03-25-14 10:09 AM
    Verizon rep fully humiliated me and my decision to purchase a z30 that I had to just order it online. It has been the greatest "against the masses " decision I've made in the past few years.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99, dglx3d and canuckvoip like this.
    03-25-14 10:47 AM
    My in laws who used to have a 9800 went into a Bell store within 20 minute drive of BlackBerry headquarters and ended up with a Iphone 5C and an expensive plan they did not need.....i just wish ai would have been there as the size of the Z30 alone would have worked better for them and they really do not use 90%of the features either phone could provide. Battery life, keyboard and screen size should have led them to an android or Z30...not an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip and 2cats1dog like this.
    03-25-14 10:58 AM
    Verizon rep fully humiliated me and my decision to purchase a z30 that I had to just order it online. It has been the greatest "against the masses " decision I've made in the past few years.

Posted via CB10
    How are you humiliated? If you are an adult you let yourself be humiliated by another adult?

03-25-14 11:00 AM
    I had a rep look up the price for a new Z10. After searching his computer he said: "it looks like BlackBerry is cutting off their handsets!"

Seriously? You are the one cutting off BlackBerry!
    LonelyTylenoL and canuckvoip like this.
    03-25-14 11:03 AM
    I had a rep look up the price for a new Z10. After searching his computer he said: "it looks like BlackBerry is cutting off their handsets!"

Seriously? You are the one cutting off BlackBerry!
    Maybe BlackBerry didn't send in more shipments of the devices. You don't know the full story.

03-25-14 11:12 AM
    If I anger or annoy some, I am just playing devils advocates and trying to bring some realism to this situation. If you are happy for what your devices do now that's amazing. Its your own preference. I also understand if you favor BlackBerry heavily. But, no one should be caught up in your personal feelings about BlackBerry. Causing a hoopla, calling managers and what not over something so petty is just not really logical. Unless you are getting paid to protect BlackBerry from sales reps, being a guardian of all things BlackBerry is not your job.

03-25-14 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    But being an owner that knows the z30 is a good phone,do you at least show it to people? I understand if you gotta make a buck but I'd guess you are at least willing to present a BlackBerry. I've never owned a BlackBerry ever until January. I just really really like my phone. Best one I've ever had bar none. No more android for me if I can get one of these. Never wanted nor will I get an I phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:17 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry didn't send in more shipments of the devices. You don't know the full story.

What I don't understand is how people here fully know how incompetent these sales people are. Why don't they buy the product online unlocked and cheaper.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 11:24 AM
140 1234 ...