I am starting a new post because none of the older ones have helped with feedback...I am now on my 4th refurb Z30 from VZW and each one has a software glitch where the battery indicator, phone, and front LED are not communicating properly. The light constantly flashes with no open notifications or headless apps running.

When I do an OS autoload or security wipe and the phone comes back on, it just goes right to homepage and not even the tutorial and setup screens come up. Others have had similar issues and no solid answers could be found. BLackBERRY and VZW DONT even know what is wrong and all VZW will do is keep sending me refurbs. I know a new one out of the box works properly as somebody I know just bought one...but VZW WONT give me a new one.

What in the heck did VZW do to their reurbs to cause such trouble like this? They probably don't even care...

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere 2 Slider
    05-22-14 12:10 PM
    I know your pain. Not with a Z30 but with three 9930s. Their refurbs were completely useless.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    05-22-14 12:15 PM
    They don't care then they'll claim the Z30 has issues.
    05-22-14 12:19 PM
    Guess I have been lucky and never had a refurbished phone but I have bought refurbished items and all of which worked fine. I have heard of your issue on here and all I can think is there is something wrong with BB's, VZW's or wherever the refurb gets done process or they aren't being tested at all.

Are you getting another? If so, I would pick it up in the store and make sure it worked before I left.
    05-22-14 12:21 PM
    I am starting a new post because none of the older ones have helped with feedback...I am now on my 4th refurb Z30 from VZW and each one has a software glitch where the battery indicator, phone, and front LED are not communicating properly. The light constantly flashes with no open notifications or headless apps running.

When I do an OS autoload or security wipe and the phone comes back on, it just goes right to homepage and not even the tutorial and setup screens come up. Others have had similar issues and no solid answers could be found. BLackBERRY and VZW DONT even know what is wrong and all VZW will do is keep sending me refurbs. I know a new one out of the box works properly as somebody I know just bought one...but VZW WONT give me a new one.

What in the heck did VZW do to their reurbs to cause such trouble like this? They probably don't even care...

Are there any apps on there that might be causing this issue? Very weird that only the LED light is flashing on its own.
    05-22-14 02:29 PM
    OP, If all you are having is software glitch, then that shouldn't be much of a problem. It would have been a problem if the glitch was a hardware issue.

You may try a non VZW OS and see how that fare with your device.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-22-14 03:08 PM
    Then its a hardware issue because Ive tried several OS. ALL fail and that means all of VZW Z30 refurbs have same issue.

05-22-14 04:30 PM
    ALL fail and that means all of VZW Z30 refurbs have same issue.
    How frustrating. So anyone who gets a Z30 from Verizon will endure your fate if the need to replace the original Z30?

Ugh. I am planning to get mine from Verizon.

How long did it take your new Z30 to require replacement?
    Last edited by LonelyTylenoL; 05-23-14 at 08:46 PM.
    05-23-14 08:35 PM

That sucks....personally, I have never had a "refurbished" replacement phone from Verizon that was anything other than "like new". The only way one could tell is because they tell you its "certified like new" I believe they call it. I'm not sure why you would have issues after clearing the device and loading, or re-loading an OS, unless you are completely unlucky and keep getting devices with the same hardware defects. Do you have issues when the phone is clear of apps and settings, or only after these are loaded back to the device? Maybe try the BBVE. You can run all kinds of hardware tests.
    05-23-14 09:10 PM
    05-24-14 01:01 AM
    Well from verizon they're not necessarily refurbished, but "certified like new". From my understanding they could be refurbished or one that was returned with no physical defects within the 14 day Window.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    05-25-14 07:40 PM
    Are we sure the OP has reloaded the OS properly? And security wiped?
    Used an OS other than VZW?
    05-25-14 09:57 PM
    Was on the phone with BlackBerry who was sharing my desktop as we tried it.

05-26-14 06:11 AM
    Just sold bundle on Ebay for $350...

05-26-14 06:12 AM
    Just sold bundle on Ebay for $350...
    Problem solved.

Actually, it will be kind of humorous if someone joins CB next week and posts something like "I got a good deal on eBay for a BlackBerry Z30 last week. It's great, except that I can't get the front LED to stop flashing. It's driving me nuts. How do I fix . . . "
    05-26-14 08:33 AM
    They buyer is aware of the issue initially at least...

05-26-14 11:52 AM
    Probably a CB member who thinks they can cure it.
    05-26-14 01:03 PM
    Just booted up my Q10...Life is still good!

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    05-26-14 05:40 PM
    This issue is happening with ALL verizon refurbished Z30s. I have received 2 replacements with the same issue. I have also read of people that have received 3 replacements all with the same issue. It is one of the reasons I always load a new leaked OS hoping it will resolve the issue but still haven't had any luck.

I have also purposely done complete wipes but still no luck. I have no idea what Verizon has done to these phones but it is quite annoying. Even worse that all they will continue to do is send you another refurbished phone with the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-14 08:18 PM
    If your a solid customer of Verizon I find it hard to believe after three bad refurbished phones they won't give you a new one. Solid customer to me is a few years of activation and not some n00bie as a customer. I remember some rule at Verizon few years ago that after two replacements go bad they give a new one to stop the issues. That's what they do to solid customers.

If verizon can't fix your software issue they send you to BlackBerry directly. There they do a full format and load BlackBerry software without the Verizon things.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 08:29 PM
    I can't wait to leave Verizon when my contract is up...Been a customer since late 90s and they couldn't take care of me. Too late now!

05-26-14 09:47 PM
    Probably a CB member who thinks they can cure it.
    I am the buyer lol
    05-27-14 10:09 PM
    I am the buyer lol
    You'll have to let us know how it turns out....
    05-27-14 10:17 PM
    Shipped today by the way...

05-28-14 12:16 AM
    I am the buyer lol
    Maybe try the SIC wipe when you get it?

Posted via CB10
    hodula1 likes this.
    05-28-14 01:10 AM
43 12