Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    This just showed up on my Z30...

Verizon just pushed me 10.3.3.1463-img_20170210_103411.png
    02-10-17 10:38 AM
    Yep. Been going out for a while now.
    02-10-17 11:08 AM
    No big deal... listen... if you are using the old facebook with hub integration then do not update to 10.3.3.

I repeat... do not update

It takes away the good facebook

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 11:43 AM
    Already on 10.3.3.1463 and Verizon pushed an 8mb update....
    It was the Verizon bloatware; Bing, Slacker, Verizon Cloud, ect..
    Deleted and turned off Auto Updates
    02-10-17 11:50 AM
    Pardon me if this is a dupe question but usually there's a CB news post to announce when Big Red finally comes around. Any good reason to avoid this? (not on facebook so that's no issue)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 12:59 PM
    Pardon me if this is a dupe question but usually there's a CB news post to announce when Big Red finally comes around. Any good reason to avoid this? (not on facebook so that's no issue)

Posted via CB10
    Browser security / anti-phishing update, certificates updated, fixed uninstall issue ART included, seems a little bit smoother/faster over 10.3.2.####.
    Other than that, if you ain't broke, no need to fix it.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    02-10-17 02:20 PM
    Well it takes an hour but so far - knock wood - no better no worse!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's why I posted it. I went straight to CB to see if they had posted it but they hadn't yet. Hasn't settled down yet so it's on the charger now. Glad it's out though. My Z30 will keep on truckin for now!
    02-10-17 04:27 PM
    That's why I posted it. I went straight to CB to see if they had posted it but they hadn't yet. Hasn't settled down yet so it's on the charger now. Glad it's out though. My Z30 will keep on truckin for now!
    I haven't been using my z30 but I do keep it for a backup. I'm really curious if the browser works better after this update. That is honestly why I stopped using mine. I used a lot of webpage shortcuts instead of apps and the browser had to work. With my hearing I don't miss the lackluster ear speaker on the z30 either. The externals were great though
    02-10-17 10:00 PM
    Videos that wouldn't play on a fitness website I use daily now work since the last update. Id probably still be using my z30 now if they had fixed this long ago. That was just one thing about the browser that wasn't working for me and it was hindering my personal usage of the phone. Have a z10 updating right now as well
    02-10-17 11:24 PM
    Interesting. I updated via Link but under Settings the update notice still appears (full size not just a "tune up"). Think I'll leave that one alone.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 07:29 AM
    Interesting. I updated via Link but under Settings the update notice still appears (full size not just a "tune up"). Think I'll leave that one alone.

Posted via CB10
    Its a side effect of scanning or receiving the update notice via the built in Software Updates Setting, but then updating via the Desktop Software.
    The BlackBerry's internal core system has been flagged for an update, but it was performed externally, so the flag is stuck.
    If the update had been performed with an auto-loader, that would have cleared the flag.

The fix is to let the Software Updates Setting go ahead and attempt to perform the update.
    It will go through the motions of getting and applying the update, but then find that nothing needs to be patched, and then report the device is up to date.
    The flag will be cleared then.

That has been a "bug" with all BlackBerry devices, even Legacy ones, as far as I know..... I run into it all the time testing, installing, and flipping OS's on my BlackBerry devices.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-11-17 08:15 AM
    Videos that wouldn't play on a fitness website I use daily now work since the last update. Id probably still be using my z30 now if they had fixed this long ago. That was just one thing about the browser that wasn't working for me and it was hindering my personal usage of the phone. Have a z10 updating right now as well
    If the website in question is using Adobe Flash for the video's, that is the issue.
    Flash was removed from BB10 sometime back, as Adobe no longer supports or updates the mobile version and it currently presents a fairly major security risk.
    You can see if this is the case by switching your Browser to Desktop Mode:
    • Tap the three dots in the lower right of the Browser app.
    • Choose Settings/Developer Tools
    • Switch on Desktop Mode
    • Tap the Back arrow in the lower left until you are back to the webpage and then Reload the webpage.

If you now get a banner, notice, or "Install Adobe Flash" error message on the webpage, then the web site is foolishly still using Flash for media content.

The BlackBerry native Browser can handle HTML5 media content fine, which is what websites should be using now.

If you still must have Adobe Flash capacity on your BlackBerry, then look for Zeus Browser in BlackBerry World.
    02-11-17 08:25 AM
    DaFoxGrey thanks. I do recall it on prior devices now that you mention it.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-11-17 08:53 AM
    If the website in question is using Adobe Flash for the video's, that is the issue.
    Flash was removed from BB10 sometime back, as Adobe no longer supports or updates the mobile version and it currently presents a fairly major security risk.
    You can see if this is the case by switching your Browser to Desktop Mode:
    • Tap the three dots in the lower right of the Browser app.
    • Choose Settings/Developer Tools
    • Switch on Desktop Mode
    • Tap the Back arrow in the lower left until you are back to the webpage and then Reload the webpage.

If you now get a banner, notice, or "Install Adobe Flash" error message on the webpage, then the web site is foolishly still using Flash for media content.

The BlackBerry native Browser can handle HTML5 media content fine, which is what websites should be using now.

If you still must have Adobe Flash capacity on your BlackBerry, then look for Zeus Browser in BlackBerry World.
    Not sure that was the issue. It worked then it didn't and now it does. Works all the time on my priv. I won't be making the z30 my daily driver again unless I break something, but it's nice to know the update helped
    02-11-17 02:04 PM
    Hmmm, I'm on 10.3.2.2530 on my Verizon Z30. It says I have the latest software.

When I try checking I get:

"Unable to connect to the update server. Please check your network connection settings or try again later."

My Z30 is only on wifi. My Priv is connected to the Verizon network. Am I going to have to reconnect the Z30 to Verizon to get any update? I would have thought that wifi would be sufficient????

Or maybe I don't need the update????
    02-12-17 10:36 AM
    Did the update yesterday, now I can't backup or restore with Link. All other link features work. Anyone else with the same problem or a solution. Link sends a screen saying phone not connected even though it is.

Posted via CB10

Day 2 with update and all Link functions now work as designed. All is well.
    Last edited by rcoff512; 02-13-17 at 08:43 AM.
    02-13-17 07:26 AM
    Did the update yesterday, now I can't backup or restore with Link. All other link features work. Anyone else with the same problem or a solution. Link sends a screen saying phone not connected even though it is.

Posted via CB10
    If you have iTunes installed on the same PC, uninstall that and Link should start working again.
    You can then re-install iTunes.
    Otherwise it is a known bug and is hit-or-miss on who and when it happens.
    02-13-17 08:10 AM
    Thanks DaFoxGrey, Day 2 with update and all Link functions now work as designed. All is well. I don't have iTunes on my pc. I guess my Z30 needed an overnight to get all of its' ducks in a row.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-13-17 08:46 AM
    I got the upgrade from Verizon yesterday and it appeared to install without issue, but ever since the device has had a couple of behaviors that have pretty much rendered the device useless.
    [LIST] An audible notification (the blackberry chime) frequently but for no apparent reason. All my audible notifications are turned off but this one persists
    • The hub has a flicker like it's redrawing. This happens between 1 and 2 times per second when it happens. Sometimes it stops for a while but then returns. This make the hub unusable.

Has anyone else experienced these or other problems with 10.3.3.1463? They've pretty much made my phone useless.

xpag51
    02-16-17 10:47 AM
    This just showed up on my Z30...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170210_103411.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	417242
    me as well, here in Baltimore MD
    02-16-17 11:22 AM
    I found the source of the frequent notification sounds: Bluetooth. It seems this update now allows Bluetooth to automatically show nearby bluetooth devices whether or not you might want them. I wonder how much fun that's going to be in the airport. But, with Bluetooth off, the sounds quit. However, they come back as soon as I turn on bluetooth again. Any idea how to keep Bluetooth from scanning for new devices constantly? Discoverable is turned off, but this is more about other devices just being out there and the Z30 is finding them and giving a notification ping. Since the phone may be on the fringe of Bluetooth connectivity with some of my other devices, it pings every time it gets or drops a connection.
    02-16-17 12:09 PM