spend a hour or so at my local verison store looking for a bigger phone, that i can actually type on, has all day battery life and expandable memory.
    looked at the Note3, HTC One Max, Z30, and new ICON
    of the 4 only the Z30 and the ICON seem to cut it for business purposes, the Z30 for messaging and the ICON for windows and office integration,
    We use the Good Technology client for email connectivity for android, ios and windows phone but not for blackberry.
    The good client sucks because you have to log in all the time to get your email plus verizon charges me an extra 15/mo for enterprise email connectivity while my IT area charges me $25/mo for the client and access.
    coming from an old 3g bold at TMo i had a hard time figuring out the Z30 and the sales rep said the same. I like the OS of the windows phone as it just seems cleaner but BB10 maybe the same if I could figure the gestures out.

so I know its all crackheads here but what about the Icon versus the Z30?

Pros and Cons ?
    02-21-14 11:17 PM
    You're asking on a BlackBerry site if you should get the BlackBerry or the Icon, what do you think kind of responses you're going to get? On top of that, it seems like you worked out the pros and cons yourself, which you should do anyway considering it's YOU who will be using the device, NOT anyone here. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with though, hopefully you base the decision on your own personal needs.
    geekaren likes this.
    02-21-14 11:39 PM
    Im a q10 blackberry user n been BlackBerry user for a long time why? Cuz it suits me n my business
    And if nokia icon suits you and does whatever u want then go with nokia icon and z30 is great phone but if it doesnt have all the apps you want then no use of buying just for fun of it

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:45 PM
    I tried Lumia 1020 for a week
    WP8 is so bad, the universal volume is driving me crazy...
    the ringtone volume, media volume and the phone call volume all have to be the same!!!
    02-21-14 11:49 PM
    I tried Lumia 1020 for a week
    WP8 is so bad, the universal volume is driving me crazy...
    the ringtone volume, media volume and the phone call volume all have to be the same!!!
    Yes but its going to change in few weeks with 8.1 update and 8.1 brings few updates that I wish BlackBerry brings in future updates
    And you cant just ditch mobile os just cuz of a single volume issue

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:58 PM
    I have owned a few Lumias (720,820, 920) before finally settling on BB10. Lumias are some of the best hardware I have ever seen but the OS has some pretty glaring issues that I found difficult to deal with (poor multitasking, poor notifications, 'OTHER' storage, etc).

Posted using my red Zed 10 and Z30
    02-22-14 01:53 AM
    I just seen a review on the Icon. It doesn't have removable storage if that was one of your main points. It has a smaller battery, quad core processor, and 1080 display. I can't help but think that the battery will hold out all day.

Obviously I'm going to suggest the Z30, using one myself. If you are worried about getting use to the OS, I would say get it and give it a week. You can return it if you feel it isn't for you. Read the forum on how to install 10.2.1 since Verizon is slow with updates. You can then use android apps to fill in what isn't in the BlackBerry store.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:00 AM
    I have owned a few Lumias (720,820, 920) before finally settling on BB10. Lumias are some of the best hardware I have ever seen but the OS has some pretty glaring issues that I found difficult to deal with (poor multitasking, poor notifications, 'OTHER' storage, etc).

Windows phone 8 especially 8.1 solve almost all those issues. With that being said something just feels off with wp8 compared to bb10. iOS, android, and wp8 can all get the job done but all are starting to feel stale. I use an iPhone 5 as my daily driver but will be switching to a z30 for Verizon as soon as I can find an open box or used one on eBay (scarce right now).
    02-22-14 08:48 AM
    Get the Z30, then download the newest OS leak so that you can get access to any apps that BlackBerry World doesn't have and blow that windows phone out of his water!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:00 PM
    Windows phone 8 especially 8.1 solve almost all those issues. With that being said something just feels off with wp8 compared to bb10. iOS, android, and wp8 can all get the job done but all are starting to feel stale. I use an iPhone 5 as my daily driver but will be switching to a z30 for Verizon as soon as I can find an open box or used one on eBay (scarce right now).
    I think it may be the animations that make everything seems slower than it should be. Actually before getting the Z30, I was also considering to wait for the 1520 but the quirks of the OS made me get the Z30 instead.

02-23-14 04:29 AM
    I just picked up a lumia Icon for the wide for her birthday. She's had an iPhone for the past 3 yrs hut really wanted the best camera phone Verizon has to offer. So far, I'm really intrigued although I only got to play with it briefly. It is a beautiful piece of hardware. I'm thinking of upgrading my z10 to a z30 and then I would have both in my house. I will say that the screen on the lumia is gorgeous and definitely better than the z30, unfortunately (I had to wait about 30 minutes when buying it, so played with both sides by side in the Verizon store)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:58 PM