Verizon confirms they no longer sell Z30-img_20140906_133237.png

In Verizon's eyes I officially own a Relic*.

*A corpse. A survivor or remnant left after decay, disintegration or disappearance.

Sounds about right.

So, the latest Blackberry device available in the U.S. is now collecting a pension?

Of course, BlackBerry is silent on these developments.

Posted via CB10
    yhamaie likes this.
    09-06-14 12:48 PM
    Several other threads on this but you hit the (coffin) nail on the head

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 12:53 PM
    I'm not worried about it. Love my Z30 and it does what I need. Seems to me most of the phone get thrown out after twelve months anyway by most of the carriers as soon as the newer model comes out. Surely not just blackberry with this. It wasn't selling so they are moving on. Verizon does seem to be offering a good mix of choice of late. They have really gone after WP8 and I bet they are first in the US to offer the Passport. Since I'm with AT&T I just get whatever I want unlocked and away I go. That's the biggest reason I went to a gsm carrier. Give me more choice.

Posted via CB10
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    09-06-14 01:03 PM
    Will the Z30 market price go up or down?

Posted via CB10
    Grahamjones likes this.
    09-06-14 01:10 PM
    I'm not worried about it. Love my Z30 and it does what I need. Seems to me most of the phone get thrown out after twelve months anyway by most of the carriers as soon as the newer model comes out. Surely not just blackberry with this. It wasn't selling so they are moving on. Verizon does seem to be offering a good mix of choice of late. They have really gone after WP8 and I bet they are first in the US to offer the Passport. Since I'm with AT&T I just get whatever I want unlocked and away I go. That's the biggest reason I went to a gsm carrier. Give me more choice.

Posted via CB10
    There's an article floating around somewhere that says Verizon has opted not to carry the Passport but will have the Classic. It will not be offered in stores, only direct to fulfillment. I'll look for the link.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    09-06-14 01:13 PM
    Bell,Rodgers and Telus in Canada have fantastic deals on,right now ..$ 0 ..2 year contract.
    09-06-14 01:17 PM
    There's an article floating around somewhere that says Verizon has opted not to carry the Passport but will have the Classic. It will not be offered in stores, only direct to fulfillment. I'll look for the link.

I'm more inclined to go with the Classic when it comes out anyway. Passport is just too big based on photos I've seen. At the moment the Classic is the next phone I will pick up.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 01:24 PM
    So stupid. The Z30 is easily one of the best phones out there. Look at user reviews.

Freaking biased ignorant consumers.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    09-06-14 01:25 PM
    Sorry, but that is not "Proof!" of what you claim in your title. There is a difference between evidence and proof.
    Sad to see a great handset like the Z30 not get a fair chance.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-06-14 01:26 PM
    It sucks. What happens if someone needs a replacement? Have to settle for a z10 or bold? Crap

Edit, I think it's carriers abandoning bb.
    09-06-14 01:34 PM
    Sorry, but that is not "Proof!" of what you claim in your title. There is a difference between evidence and proof.
    Exactly; the title is completely false and the OP is being overdramatic. There's a clear distinction between one carrier no longer offering one device and BlackBerry abandoning the US market. In fact, Verizon still sells four BlackBerry models online. I assume that BlackBerry had manufactured a set amount of Z30s for Verizon with their own special LTE chip and it's not economical to build another batch.

What's more is that Verizon just recently announced a promotion in partnership with BlackBerry: BlackBerry Offer
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-06-14 01:56 PM
    Exactly; the title is completely false and the OP is being overdramatic. There's a clear distinction between one carrier no longer offering one device and BlackBerry abandoning the US market. In fact, Verizon still sells four BlackBerry models online. I assume that BlackBerry had manufactured a set amount of Z30s for Verizon with their own special LTE chip and it's not economical to build another batch.

What's more is that Verizon just recently announced a promotion in partnership with BlackBerry: BlackBerry Offer
    Go outside! Put your BlackBerry down. Don't get why you and others get mad with the op for posting Vzw stop selling the z30. You must love MSNBC and Fox news. Just post great news to go with your viewpoints and don't post negative news about BlackBerry. You are being overdramatic. Now I am being overdramatic. VZW sell the 9930, z10 and q10 that's 3 BlackBerry models. Oh wait you like fox news, you are right 4 models. 9930 with camera, 9930 without camera, q10, z10. Yup 4.

Posted via CB10
    ehroberts likes this.
    09-06-14 02:22 PM
    So enterprise can get the Z30 but consumers can not?
    09-06-14 02:24 PM

This seriously worries me cuz my Z10's camera lens cracked so I've decided to get the Passport. If VZW doesn't carry it, I'll have to switch carriers. SUCKS because VZW has the absolute best service.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1052
    09-06-14 02:29 PM
    Go outside! Put your BlackBerry down. Don't get why you and others get mad with the op for posting Vzw stop selling the z30. You must love MSNBC and Fox news. Just post great news to go with your viewpoints and don't post negative news about BlackBerry. You are being overdramatic. Now I am being overdramatic. VZW sell the 9930, z10 and q10 that's 3 BlackBerry models. Oh wait you like fox news, you are right 4 models. 9930 with camera, 9930 without camera, q10, z10. Yup 4.

Posted via CB10
    Wow... I'm not even sure where the dots went.

Oh, and CNN thank you... ATL FTW! o wait I'm being like you now! Doh!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 02:32 PM
    What does "Proof" have to do with it? He asked VZW if the Z30 has been Retired, and they said, Yes! It has been Retired. Go to the VZW website and try to order one. ? . Good luck . . .
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-06-14 02:34 PM
    Weird. Why retire the best touch device but not the Z10 that is plagued with battery issues?

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    09-06-14 02:34 PM
    Weird. Why retire the best touch device but not the Z10 that is plagued with battery issues?

Most likely, they've sold out of their Z30 inventory but still have Z10s and Q10s in stock.

srfinva, GPuba and anon(4185604) like this.
    09-06-14 02:35 PM
    Most likely, they've sold out of their Z30 inventory but still have Z10s and Q10s in stock.

Ah. That could be it

09-06-14 03:14 PM
    Uh oh... time to get an otterbox for this VZW Z30.

... and I really hope the Passport rumors are not true.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    09-06-14 03:20 PM
    Wait, what? What's Fox News got to do with this? I'd just like to still be able to get a Z30 for my wife and corporate blockheadedness stands in the way.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:45 PM
    Unsure why anyone would be surprised by this kind of news.... first,,,, the z30 was a holdover from the Hienz era.... thus no marketing push whatsoever.... add to that fact there was probably only one run orfered,,,, inventories were thin to begin with... as BB is not making any more... is it suprising Verizon has not stock.... second.... many need to face facts... BB is basically not bothering with the US market save enterprise and governement...... just look at the Pasport launch..... As BB has turned it back on the US so has the US.... just look at the US media and their view of BB which filters down to the consumers.... BB is dead and their hardware is behind the times... BB needs to focus on markerts whrere they stand a chance.... that is why you do not see them in the US, China and Japan..... waste of money for them.... BB is not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination and is in surval mode...
    09-06-14 04:06 PM
    It better be Verizon doing this and not BlackBerry. Blackberry better be firing up those Verizon z30 production lines and getting product into Verizon. No matter what the loss... you don't starve the largest mobile carrier in the States...
    09-06-14 04:09 PM
    It better be Verizon doing this and not BlackBerry. Blackberry better be firing up those Verizon z30 production lines and getting product into Verizon. No matter what the loss... you don't starve the largest mobile carrier in the States...
    If Verizon does not place an order for more Z30s, than it is nothing blackberry can do. It seems Blackberry has stock of unlock Z30s, which more than likely means that Verizon has made the decision not carry the z30 and any existing stock is for replacement only.
    09-06-14 04:51 PM
    Unsure why anyone would be surprised by this kind of news.... first,,,, the z30 was a holdover from the Hienz era.... thus no marketing push whatsoever.... add to that fact there was probably only one run orfered,,,, inventories were thin to begin with... as BB is not making any more... is it suprising Verizon has not stock.... second.... many need to face facts... BB is basically not bothering with the US market save enterprise and governement...... just look at the Pasport launch..... As BB has turned it back on the US so has the US.... just look at the US media and their view of BB which filters down to the consumers.... BB is dead and their hardware is behind the times... BB needs to focus on markerts whrere they stand a chance.... that is why you do not see them in the US, China and Japan..... waste of money for them.... BB is not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination and is in surval mode...
    That must have been a really expensive telegram.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 04:54 PM
132 123 ...