so i have this weird question, i was trying to use skype on my monitor using my phone's camera and mic and connected to the monitor over hdmi, but for the life of me i can't seem to get the sound to go through the monitor's built-in speakers, everything still goes through the phone's speakers even though i can get video up and running on the monitor. i can get sound from my monitor's speakers with youtube and such using the same exact set up though, but just not skype. i even tried hooking up via audio cable and turning "sound through hdmi" off, but then it just ends up that i have no sound whatsoever.

is this a skype thing or am i missing something? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    12-09-14 04:23 PM
    I can't hook up now I am at work, but did you try the "Share Screen" function in the Display tab?
    I would think the the audio would be piped through, unless it is either a skype issue, or a bug in the OS.
    Are you using an official OS release, or a leaked version?
    12-09-14 04:40 PM
    hm, i didn't see a "share screen" function. do you mean in skype itself or in the phone's settings?

i'm on official 10.2.1.3062
    12-09-14 06:24 PM