Which one should I go for? The one with warranty is a bit cheaper but it's 10 days used, so am scared if there would be any scratches on that delicate device since I heard it's too scratch prone!
    The other is a brand new sealed which that person got as gift but no warranty and it costs a bit more.
    Please tell me which one should I buy? Cuz I thought I would go with the one with no warranty since I never ever had any problems with any of my previous phones! need your suggestions

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-11-13 10:25 PM
    Go with the new in the box. It's like buying a new car man.

Posted on my Z30
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-11-13 10:36 PM
    Yeah that's what I have been planning too but I read here on CB forums that many people had to get there Z30's replaced under warranty due to some or the other manufacturing defect! This haunts me! :P

12-11-13 10:40 PM
    Yeah that's what I have been planning too but I read here on CB forums that many people had to get there Z30's replaced under warranty due to some or the other manufacturing defect! This haunts me! :P

I don't think there has been that many that I've read, but just open it look and make sure everything looks good. It's a pretty sturdy phone so I would think as long as it is new you can always send back to bob for warranty if there was ever anything really wrong.

Posted from my Z30
    12-11-13 10:42 PM
    Regardless of which one you choose, there is a warranty with both. I bought a used Q5 on Bell, off Kijiji and had an issue with it cosmetically. I sent it in to Virgin Mobile and they sent me a totally new one.

There is a year warranty on it regardless.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:45 PM
    I didn't get you people? How can I replace a phone without the invoice and warranty card?

12-11-13 10:48 PM
    I didn't get you people? How can I replace a phone without the invoice and warranty card?

There is no warranty card , you just take it into your carrier and they will send it back to bob for you.

Posted from my Z30
    12-11-13 10:53 PM
    Call your carrier, explain to them you have trouble with the screen and it is intermittent. tell them it is well under a year old, have them check in their system exactly when it was first activated, for proof you aren't lying. Insist you need the screen replaced under warranty because it isn't usable in it's current state.

Simple.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:53 PM
    Okay so this applies to unlocked smartphones too right? Sorry for being too stupid :P

12-11-13 10:57 PM
    It shouldn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:03 PM
    Okay so this applies to unlocked smartphones too right? Sorry for being too stupid :P

Yes.

Posted from my Z30
    12-11-13 11:04 PM
    Who's bob?

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-11-13 11:14 PM
    To be completely clear: The manufacturer's warranty is probably not transferrable. (Most are not, and I remember a thread here where a guy had a heck of a time with a similar issue) So, even brand new in box, if you were not the original purchaser, you may technically not be covered. While some places may ignore this and still take care of you because of the device being new, they are not necessarily required to. This could mean having to contact BB directly to try and get repairs done if need be, and may still be out of your own pocket.

On the upside, if you have insurance on your device, it will be covered anyway. You may also be able to include it on your homeowners/renter's policy if possible where you are.

That said, I'd still recommend the sealed box one.
    12-11-13 11:24 PM
    Call the provider, and see for yourself. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-11-13 11:31 PM
    Who's bob?

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    Yeah who's he? :P

12-11-13 11:33 PM
    Am from India, but usually Indian carriers are *****y but I'll just contact them(vodafone) and confirm with them!

12-11-13 11:35 PM
    Am from India, but usually Indian carriers are *****y but I'll just contact them(vodafone) and confirm with them!

It is as simple as the original distributor deals with the warranty, not BlackBerry. If you do not have a relationship with the distributor, you will likely not get warranty. In the case of us in Canada, the distributor is the carrier. If you have an account with the carrier that sold the phone, they will fix it as they have the date it was sold on their system.

In the your case, if the seller says there is no warranty, there probably isn't a warranty. I would go with the one with the warranty with the assurance you can take it back after a few days if there are any problems with it.
    12-12-13 09:27 AM
    Option 3 - new with warrenty.

I would avoid the seller of this because something is wrong here. BlackBerry 10 devices are all still under a 1 year manufacture warranty right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:51 PM
    Option 3 - new with warrenty.

I would avoid the seller of this because something is wrong here. BlackBerry 10 devices are all still under a 1 year manufacture warranty right now.

Posted via CB10
    He got it as a gift so that's y he doesn't have warranty nor a bill

12-12-13 01:01 PM