All these stories of sell outs (especially India) without a stitch of marketing. Makes me wonder if BB10 sales are picking up ten fold? Where are all these Z10 write offs? How many Z30's did they produce?
    There is no "context" for these "sell-outs" other than what you can infer from total device sales.

If a convenience store ordered 100 cases of soda and didn't sell out over the weekend, only selling 95 cases, while a couple of school kids set up a stand on the corner with 2 six-packs of soda in a cooler and "sold out" that same weekend, the kids who had a "sell out" aren't going to have come anywhere close to outselling the convenience store, except as a percentage of their original stock.

Likewise, if Digital River (who runs Shop BlackBerry) is ordering 100 Z30s at a time, and "selling out", that's no big accomplishment. If they were ordering 10,000 Z30s at a time, and selling out, that would be much more notable. I'd suspect it's closer to the former than the latter, given the total sales trends over the last few quarters, but the truth is that none of us has enough information to come to any real conclusions.
    Acidwire and LonelyTylenoL like this.
    04-08-14 04:50 PM
    sounds like typical digital river service. Avoid these guys at all costs they are cons and you can never get consistent answers out of the bureaucracy of service reps
    04-08-14 06:44 PM
    They sent me a warranty replacement on a device.

IT'S LOCKED and I can't use it on my network. I've been waiting since Saturday night for someone to get back to me.

Good thing I have other phones to use in the meantime. It's so bad.
    04-08-14 07:35 PM
    They sucked for the Z10 black Friday special too. Took 3 weeks to get and in stock device. BlackBerry must improve this in the future before the next phones. Digital River is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 09:13 PM
    There is no "context" for these "sell-outs" other than what you can infer from total device sales.

If a convenience store ordered 100 cases of soda and didn't sell out over the weekend, only selling 95 cases, while a couple of school kids set up a stand on the corner with 2 six-packs of soda in a cooler and "sold out" that same weekend, the kids who had a "sell out" aren't going to have come anywhere close to outselling the convenience store, except as a percentage of their original stock.

Likewise, if Digital River (who runs Shop BlackBerry) is ordering 100 Z30s at a time, and "selling out", that's no big accomplishment. If they were ordering 10,000 Z30s at a time, and selling out, that would be much more notable. I'd suspect it's closer to the former than the latter, given the total sales trends over the last few quarters, but the truth is that none of us has enough information to come to any real conclusions.
    That's why I stated "I wonder?" You make complete sense, but I was also wanting actual numbers. Again.....I wonder what happened to all the right downs and how many Z30's BlackBerry produced or are producing. When you see stories of people or countries not being able to get devices, it just makes you wonder is all.