I have a blackberry z30 with the picture password set on it. I was in a meeting today and at lunchtime got my phone out of my bag and the screen came up 'warning, you have entered an incorrect password 5 times. after 10 unsuccessful attempts your data will be erased. when I click on ok it comes up with 'enter "blackberry" and a box underneath. What do I put in this, I have tried "blackberry", blackberry, but nothing happens. As I said I have the picture password set.

help please I don't know what to do
    04-16-15 11:04 AM
    It happened to me when I had a normal password put in and it stopped at 5 like yours did and I just wiped the phone and reloaded and all was fine. Seems there is a glitch in the OS you have loaded.

I hope you have done a back up lately?
    04-16-15 11:16 AM
    unfortunately not, my pics are on memory card. how do I wipe it when I cant get into it
    04-16-15 11:18 AM
    Try to reboot phone by holding volume up and down keys until red light comes on. Then you should be able to enter BlackBerry then try to use pic password again.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-16-15 11:18 AM
    no joy up to attempt 8 now sh1t
    04-16-15 11:23 AM
    just keep going
    04-16-15 11:30 AM
    There is confusion. You hit the blackberry in and then proceed to the next screen. Even though the screen looks the same blood red you need to now enter the password.
    Tex above is telling us a key to keep going as in keep going to the next screen!

A call to blackberry will have you plugging phone into link. From there you can clear the password out I think. Or at least follow a less confusing order of unlocking.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 04-16-15 at 11:43 AM.
    04-16-15 11:30 AM
    there doesn't seem to be any way of contact blackberry in the uk. I cant get into link as it doesn't recognise the password on my pc and when I ask for it to be resent it isn't sending reset email
    04-16-15 11:35 AM
    After you enter blackberry the screen will change and ask for password but still look like nothing changed. It can be confusing if your stressed.

In this case though you don't need BlackBerry. They can't help if you have the wrong password.
    When a pic password is set up you still have to supply a numeric password for this and link. Link doesn't use a picture password.
    Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    04-16-15 11:37 AM
    I did that and got password screen, but have no idea what the password is as I use a picture password. I have tried all my usual combinations but am up to attempt 8 now
    04-16-15 11:39 AM
    am I going to loose everything on my phone, apps I have bought etc. this is so annoying as it was fine this morning and it looks like a software fault. I am so bloody annoyed its not possible to contact blackberry.
    04-16-15 11:52 AM
    Perform a backup of your device with BlackBerry Link.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-16-15 11:56 AM
    If you don't know the password BlackBerry won't be any help. When you setup Picture Password it requires you to create an alphanumeric password also. You must now use this password to unlock the device, but it seems you don't remember what it was.
    04-16-15 12:52 PM
    you can use a old back up also and al the apps you had you can load them again after for free
    04-16-15 01:01 PM
    What you need is the actual device password that you created when you set up picture password. If you don't know that, after 10 attempts your phone will initiate a wipe and will be put back to how the phone was when you first turned it on. Though i don't think micro sd cards are wiped, i would take it out before you do start a device wipe. You will not lose your BB apps, they will be available to you in BB world. You will have to sideload Snap and redownload your android apps as well. All of your settings(phone and apps) will be gone, so you will be setting up your phone as if it was new. Connecting it to Link wont help because once connected Link will ask for the device password that don't remember.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-16-15 01:49 PM
    It's not the first time that someone here forget their device password after using picture password for a while. That's why it's important not to forget it or else you risk losing all data.

Unfortunately, without password, you won't be able to backup nor there is anyway around it.

If your memory card is encrypted, then you won't be able to recover anything on it.

Good luck! I hope you remember your password

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:59 PM
    More input.... If your pictures are on the sd card, they are safe, although, if you want, remove it anyway. It will erase all data in Internal Memory, all docs, pictures, video, each in Internal Memory. It will also erase your apps. If you set up the phone using the same BBID all apps will be available again. Open BB World, tap lower left menu, My world, my apps, then in upper right - AVAILABLE. You find your apps again.

As noted, when you set up Picture Password, you have to also create a 4-digit password (pass-number). If you "blow" the picture password solution, you have to enter that numeric number.

Good luck.
    04-16-15 02:08 PM
    Thank you for all your help at attempt 9 it worked. Suffice it to say I have taken the password off. Have tried to back up using blackberry link but it won't recognise phone over usb only wifi which means I can't back up. Have tried three sub ports to no avail, I know phone is there as I can see it in my computer. So another pain
    04-16-15 02:15 PM
    Thank you for all your help at attempt 9 it worked. Suffice it to say I have taken the password off. Have tried to back up using blackberry link but it won't recognise phone over usb only wifi which means I can't back up. Have tried three sub ports to no avail, I know phone is there as I can see it in my computer. So another pain
    For Link to recognize your phone to do backup, make sure that you have switched off USB mass storage on the phone.

Other than the cool factor, picture password is nothing but trouble. I'd use the simple password instead.

To answer your concern, data stored in the SD card are safe from security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 02:48 PM
    usb mass storage us turned off have just checked
    04-16-15 03:30 PM
    It's about time @Bla1ze to make a Picture Password walk-through.
    04-16-15 11:02 PM
    Try switching to airplane mode before connecting to link. Usually works with USB then.

You must have mass storage turned off for it to work with link.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    04-17-15 03:51 AM
    In some cases you might have wacked USB ports. Try hooking it up to another computer and install link. Ill bet it works.
    04-19-15 10:59 AM
    Unfortunately I only own one pc but thanks
    04-19-15 11:09 AM
    Try deleting and reinstalling Link fresh if you don't have any backups already stored there. If you have important backups all will be lost once Link is deleted but since you can't connect, you haven't much to lose anyway. I'm sure a fresh install will cure your woes.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:49 PM
32 12