11-21-13 10:05 PM
72 123
tools
    24,000 contacts in his phone?

How exactly do you remember what each of the 24,000 peoples names are? "Oh I need to call that guy that sold me that one thing so he can do a repair to this other thing, now what was his name again? *begins to search for 5 days through 24,000 contacts to find that one guy*.

I don't buy it. Dude is trolling. Hard.

24,000 individual contacts is your problem. Go buy an iPhone and it'll run just like your Z30 is if you are holding onto 24,000 f'ing contacts.
    11-18-13 01:26 PM
    Unless I find a solution to these I will be forced to, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, consider Apple Iphone 5s.
    Please help for I don't want to leave BB just yet.
    Do you understand that you installed a 'leaked" OS, not an approved OS? Do you understand what that means? How can you blame Blackberry for software that hasn't been released or approved by Blackberry. You installed at your own risk.
    anon5759238 likes this.
    11-18-13 01:49 PM
    ya man put the official OS on your phone. why do people make such big deals out of glitches when running a leaked OS that is most likely missing some features and has unresolved issues and not officially released as a complete product for people to use.
    11-18-13 02:08 PM
    ya man put the official OS on your phone. why do people make such big deals out of glitches when running a leaked OS that is most likely missing some features and has unresolved issues and not officially released as a complete product for people to use.
    There is absolutely 0 difference between the leaked 1791 and the official, which it is official on many Canadian carriers. They are running an official operating system. Although, 1803 is also official and better than 1791 (specifically I had contact linking and database issues with 1791 that didn't exist in 1803)
    11-18-13 03:36 PM
    Leaked version. hmmm
    24000 contacts. hmmm
    You did not say you had a problem with the official version. hmmm
    Go back to an official version bb7 or any other.
    Wait for the official BB10 release.
    857 represents days with BB? If so that is roughly 2and a half years. What phone did you use before. Curious to know which phone could handle that many contacts.
    11-18-13 03:47 PM
    Srivatsa Krishna is a highly respected and visionary bureaucrat from India,

These people are like the formula drivers of mobile utilisation, BlackBerry is the only platform that shines in this space, it's about time these issues are fixed in BB10

The progress in BB10 space has been fast, so it might be productive to stick to the platform.. I'm hoping these issues are addressed soon..

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    arvind1983 likes this.
    11-18-13 04:04 PM
    Go into Contacts, setting, go down to 'Show account in Contact list" - TURN OFF TWITTER, there's 12,000+ contacts gone.

Next do it for Face book, really Facebook contacts on your phone? leave them in facebook, probably another few thousand gone.

Let me know how this affects your issue
    11-18-13 05:03 PM

Should be 100% manageable by any modern smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. This definitely a lot of contacts, but the phones (Q10/Z30) have 2 GBs or RAM and an SSD (which are faster than hard disks), and dualcore 1.5-1.7 Ghz processors, so it should be no problem. Even at 2 KB per contact (which is more data than any real contact record would have), we're talking about less than 50 MBs to hold every contact in memory. And 50 MBs works out to only 2.5% of the devices total RAM memory.

Also, my contacts app allows me to search with multiple terms (but only from the name, e.g.: "John Smith" works, but "John IBM" doesn't), and it DOES show each contact's company name in the result list.

I'm running 10.2.0.1791 (official release).
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-18-13 05:24 PM
    Go into Contacts, setting, go down to 'Show account in Contact list" - TURN OFF TWITTER, there's 12,000+ contacts gone.

Next do it for Face book, really Facebook contacts on your phone? leave them in facebook, probably another few thousand gone.

Let me know how this affects your issue
    How do you turn off Facebook contacts from showing up in Contacts??
    11-18-13 06:05 PM
    How do you turn off Facebook contacts from showing up in Contacts??
    go into the contacts app, swipe down, and it's in the settings.

as for the 24000 contacts, wow.

For SMS i backed up my conversations with a third party app, and then deleted all of the conversations. helped bigtime.

As for contacts I use gmail to store all my contacts, not my device. The two-way sync works great. might be worth trying that out.
    11-18-13 06:17 PM
    I'm on z30 Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1443. I can search for first and last name and company name and find the correct contact easily. My battery last a good 18 hours with heavy use. Get the z30

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:54 PM
    Suggesting to load a LEAK is not a good solution. Anything could happen to his phone, considering he uses his phone a lot for his business and relies on it.

Load 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:55 PM
    OP is here to get a solution. Instead you guys are bashing and chasing off people! VERY NICE.

24,000 contacts in his phone?

How exactly do you remember what each of the 24,000 peoples names are? "Oh I need to call that guy that sold me that one thing so he can do a repair to this other thing, now what was his name again? *begins to search for 5 days through 24,000 contacts to find that one guy*.

I don't buy it. Dude is trolling. Hard.

24,000 individual contacts is your problem. Go buy an iPhone and it'll run just like your Z30 is if you are holding onto 24,000 f'ing contacts.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-18-13 09:01 PM
    OP is here to get a solution. Instead you guys are bashing and chasing off people! VERY NICE.
    If this was a real issue, people would help.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-19-13 02:17 AM
    If this was a real issue, people would help.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. It's like someone putting 1000 cinder blocks in their car and whining because it goes slow.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-19-13 06:31 AM
    The issue with the slow loading SMS is common when you have a lot of media like photos in the history of the SMS, as it will take a few seconds till the phone loads the history into the RAM. The best solution is either to use BBM or whatsapp with contact that send a lot of media. As the SMS typically has hi-res media vs. BBM and whatsapp that cut down the size of photos substantially.
    11-19-13 10:08 AM
    Guys,

2. In call log even numbers saved in the device, the names do not show up . One has to hold the number, then goto the contact card and then re-dial. (Never happened in Bold 9900)

5. SEARCH: You simply CANNOT search inside contacts, with two terms in the search box. For example if you have about 25 "Smith" in your contacts, you cannot search with name + company name together. And if you search on just "Smith" you will get all the smiths but WITHOUT their company name so you won't know at a glance as to who is who. (Not the case with Bold 9900.)

7. Try calling someone in a hurry, you simply can't. I have 24000 contacts and it takes it a lot of time to reach the correct contact. (This was NOT the case with Bold 9900.).

Completely agree on those three points - especially points 2 & 7!!

Really frustrating experience for me, hence why I returned the Z10 and kept my trusty 9900 (no matter how "archaic" it may seem to some). The 9900 as with other legacy devices (legacy BB OS), were communication devices of near perfection. BB OS10 hasn't quite reached the maturity level for me to be comfortable with. Yes the OS is nice and all, but rather cumbersome in some respects.
    11-20-13 01:31 PM
    ... The 9900 as with other legacy devices (legacy BB OS), were communication devices of near perfection ...
    I would modify this to read, "The 9900, as with other legacy devices (legacy BB OS), are communication devices of near perfection."
    nah.uhh likes this.
    11-20-13 08:09 PM
    **** should pour out of one hole, and not the second dude.
    11-21-13 07:08 PM
    1. I send and receive about 100 SMS a day. When I tap on any contact to send an SMS, it takes about 20-30 seconds for the prior history to "show up" before which one cannot start typing a new SMS for the box to type simply doesn't come up. Very annoying.

I get this problem as well on my Z 30... I am in the UK and I trust that the upcoming software update will solve this issue.

I have to agree with the gentleman the voice recognition does need some more work.

I will never go to Apple never, never, never. BlackBerry for life
    11-21-13 08:21 PM
    1. I send and receive about 100 SMS a day. When I tap on any contact to send an SMS, it takes about 20-30 seconds for the prior history to "show up" before which one cannot start typing a new SMS for the box to type simply doesn't come up. Very annoying.

I have the same problem as well this certainly needs to be improved. Hopefully the upcoming software update will resolve this I am in the UK. Therefore I trust that it will get here real soon I do agree also that the voice recognition needs a lot of improvement

Despite the issues I will never switch from a blackberry device to a Apple Iphone

Never, never, never blackberry for life.
    11-21-13 08:25 PM

2. In call log even numbers saved in the device, the names do not show up . One has to hold the number, then goto the contact card and then re-dial. (Never happened in Bold 9900)

3. Frequently SMS' typed and after you hit send, simply disappear. Then SMS functionality stops working, till i hard reset the device. (Never happened on Bold 9900)

4. Device battery lasts me about 4 to 5 hours of just calls and SMS. No browsing or wifi or video or gaming.

5. SEARCH: You simply CANNOT search inside contacts, with two terms in the search box. For example if you have about 25 "Smith" in your contacts, you cannot search with name + company name together. And if you search on just "Smith" you will get all the smiths but WITHOUT their company name so you won't know at a glance as to who is who. (Not the case with Bold 9900.)

6. Voice Dictation is bad. For it is NOT Dragon based. Is there anyway to get Dragon Nuance on it?

7. Try calling someone in a hurry, you simply can't. I have 24000 contacts and it takes it a lot of time to reach the correct contact. (This was NOT the case with Bold 9900.).
    I've experienced 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 but none to the extent you have because I don't use my phone nearly as much.

To fix #1, you should delete text message conversations frequently. This made mine load much faster. If you need to save those messages, there are apps you can download which can save them for you (and maybe you can save them in BlackBerry Link? I'm not sure).

#2 is a very common issue for me. It's incredibly annoying and I hope it gets fixed.

#3 can also be fixed by deleting your texts frequently I think. When I deleted my texts, outgoing messages sent faster.

#4, on my Q10, I can get through the day easily on moderate to heavy use with 30%-50% left.

#5 is also an issue I have. I try to search for someone, but the title I gave them prevents me from doing so.

#6, I've given up on voice dictation for the most part. Never planned on using it anyways and I won't use it at all once true speed dialing comes back.

#7, THAT'S A LOT OF CONTACTS!! It's ridiculous that the phone still can't handle it though, especially since your 9900 could.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-21-13 10:05 PM
72 123