Should I upgrade to the z30? I'm using a q10 right now. I've been using my q10 for just under a year, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to upgrade... As much as I love the physical keyboard, I tire of this small square screen. I want the freedom of a larger screen and longer battery life, should I go for it?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:26 PM
    Yes!, Are you on VZW? IF you can find their model (STA100-3, CDMA) it supports the Qi wireless charging std.
    Those are hard to find. But the Z30 is a fantastic device, had mine since Dec./Jan. and nary a hiccup......
    10-24-14 12:31 PM
    Yes!, Are you on VZW? IF you can find their model (STA100-3, CDMA) it supports the Qi wireless charging std.
    Those are hard to find. But the Z30 is a fantastic device, had mine since Dec./Jan. and nary a hiccup......
    I second that on the Z30!
    great device! And the wireless charging is fantastic!
    10-24-14 12:37 PM
    It all depends on how comfortable you would feel about leaving a physical keyboard. Honestly, I've had friends that dropped the Z30 because they just couldn't get passed the thought of owning a BlackBerry without a PKB.

That being said, I'm the complete opposite. I left the world of PKB BlackBerry's for the Z10 and I've recently upgraded to a Z30. I can tell you first hand that BlackBerry's virtual keyboard is bar none the best experience in the market today. The transition from PKB to virtual was easier then I expected and the trade off is screen real estate, and boy oh boy do you get that with the Z30.

There are so many things about the Z30 that are an advantage that the list would be huge. But the most notable are it's big beautiful screen and battery life, lots and lots of battery life! I'd say go for it, the worst thing that could happen is you'll have to sell a Z30 to get back your Q10.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    j21jam6 likes this.
    10-24-14 12:42 PM
    I was using a Q10 on VZW for 8-9 months loaded leaked 10.3 and really loved it. But I had the same issue as you I love the physical keyboard but wanted a bigger screen. One announcement was made that the Passport was not coming I knew that I will need to go touchscreen Z30 if I want the larger screen. Found a brand new VZW Z30 on ebay for $355 and went for it. I loaded the same leaked software and restored from my Q10 backup it was a breeze. Gotta tell you the Z30 is an awesome device using it now for three weeks oh my I can't think of going back to Q10. Yes it is bigger in size and doesn't have a physical keyboard. But typing on experience on Z30 is pretty good battery life is great. GO FOR IT.
    10-24-14 12:44 PM
    I say go for it...I used a Q10 for awhile and although it's a great device, after the Z30, it felt very small, and I was not as fast on the kb as I was on the Z30.
    I love the big screen! And all the other features..
    10-24-14 12:45 PM
    I'd recommend trying the Passport if you like the pkb but want a larger screen.. I went from the 9900 to Z10 to Z30 to Passport.

The Z30 is a great device, especially if you want to view movies, YouTube etc. And the vkb is excellent. But if you try the Passport pkb/vkb combo and like it, it's a superb device. And it has an excellent screen size as well.
    10-24-14 04:00 PM
    I'm with wind mobile, up here in the true north strong and free... I payed of my wind tab, and I've been looking for that upgrade to a larger screen, should I buy it where should I get it from? I see shopblackberry.ca has it for $499 but amazon has a listing at least $100 cheaper... only problem is I'm not sure if I trust it... any advice here? I'm keeping my q10 either way, in case I can't adapt to the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:35 PM
    Just recently added the Z30 to the BlackBerry collection. Have a Q and Z10 lying around and been switching a lot between the two. Got the change to buy a broken screen Z30 for dirt cheap. Couldn't resist myself from getting it just to try. Gotta catch them all, after all

I've been amazed how big a difference the device is of the other two. I really like the keyboard of the Q a lot, and got annoyed by the number of small corrections that I needed for do on the Z10. Most of that is gone on the Z30 cause the keys are just a bit bigger and I don't hit the wrong letters quite as frequently. The screen is awesome for watching videos cause of the deep blacks. Conference calls by speaker are clearer than ever. And of course the battery life is just awesome.

I'd say go for it. I'm finally truly considering selling the Q and just keeping the Z10 as a spare in case of bad luck. Would be a shame for the collection though, now I only need to add the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:21 AM
    I just did the same Q10 to Z30 transition and couldn't be happier. Honestly, I type even faster on the virtual keyboard and usually just as accurate. The extra screen real estate and battery life are the icing on the cake!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:02 AM
    I just did the same Q10 to Z30 transition and couldn't be happier. Honestly, I type even faster on the virtual keyboard and usually just as accurate. The extra screen real estate and battery life are the icing on the cake!

Posted via CB10
    I have also just converted from Q10 to Z30! I'm enjoying it very much so far. The virtual keyboard is taking some getting used to coming from physical qwerty and my accuracy so far is not great but the auto correction is usually spot on and I don't find myself having to undo it's suggestions very often.

In terms of battery life I have to say I'm not finding it as amazing as people have claimed. I find the browser and general media consumption eats the juice pretty fast and so it seems 2 solid days between charges is a bit of a stretch. But it EASILY gets through a whole day even with heavy use. But I wouldn't say the battery life is better than Q10, about the same perhaps. I'm a little disappointed about this but it's not the end of the world.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:56 PM
    I started with the Z10 then moved to the Q10 and then on to the Z30. After using the Z30 for quite some time I find myself wanting the Q10 again. Don't get me wrong, the Z30 is really nice, big screen, really good battery life. But I'm missing that real keyboard. With that said, I just bought a Q10 from another member in the Marketplace and I should have it Monday. Although both the Q10 and Z30 have amoled displays the Z30 seems much brighter. Could be due to its larger size. If you can adjust to the all touch then you should really like the Z30.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:09 PM
    I was same position as you. After getting the z30 and using the screen, going back to the q10 screen so was painful. I got rid of the q10 and z30 is always in use. Sometimes I do mess the physical keyboard cause of the mistakes with the z30 it's not all that bad though

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:42 PM
    My BB10 history so far: Z10 upgraded to Q10, then a Z30 (which I found a but too big for me), went back to my trusted Z10.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    10-31-14 04:00 AM
    I switched from Q10 to Z30. Never regret that move. I love the physical keyboard, but the need to have the best available battery for BlackBerry devices so far is the Z30. I need a BlackBerry 10 device that could last me in a day. Z30 is perfectly fit for me. Specially I learned about its noise cancellation feature and the awesome speakers. Best device I've held so far.

Not considering the passpirt though because I think it's too huge for me and I think I won't adapt to the 3 row keyboard.

"BlackBerry is the Extension of my hand." via Z30 10.3.0.1418
    10-31-14 04:56 AM
    Sorry to put a slightly different view on this topic but I've gone the other way. I use to own a iphone and was never a big BlackBerry user I purchased the q10 when it came out and it took a bit to get use to the keyboard but since then have loved it.

I then purchased a z30 which I must say is a great phone love the touch screen and look of the phone and the size too. My only complaint has been the lack of a keyboard. I notice my productivity is greater on my q10 and often use it rather than my z30. If the q10 had a slightly larger screen I'd be in heaven.

I think you should feel out the z30 first before you get rid of your q10 and then go from there.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:44 PM