I upgraded yesterday - best move I made. This is, from a performance perspective, a big leap. While I enjoyed by Z10 immensely, the Z30 was up and running without any issues from the word go...

Lightning fast, no waiting for "indexing" - it just worked instantly... (my experience!)

How I transferred data.

I started from scratch.
    - media is on my media card
    - sync with outlook contacts/calendar
    - r registered for everything else
    - re downloaded all apps, and respective first time setups
    - had to re-enter password keeper, but whatever

Now I know there's no weird garbage configuration that hurt my Z10 experience a bit.(bought it on day one where syncing and transferring data was pure grief..)

Did not charge overnight, and it was still on this morning... I had almost everything setup last night, was at less than half when I first turned it on, and was still up.... that is exactly why I made the jump... the battery!

So, if you want to upgrade your experience, just do it!

Enjoy your new toy! ( he says to himself)

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    11-30-13 01:50 PM
    why do people not charge their phones overnight? they're probably the same ones that whine about the phone not having long enough battery life.

anyway, enjoy the Z10 under the Z30 magnifying glass, hopefully you enjoy it.
    11-30-13 02:23 PM
    Thanks (I think)

Left it overnight without charging it because I wanted to.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-30-13 02:45 PM
    why do people not charge their phones overnight? they're probably the same ones that whine about the phone not having long enough battery life.

anyway, enjoy the Z10 under the Z30 magnifying glass, hopefully you enjoy it.
    I don't think the OP was saying the battery life was bad, I believe they were trying to run down the battery to completely empty before plugging it in but I could be wrong.

The Z30 is honestly more than just a Z10 with a bigger screen but so far people are enjoying it none the less. There is a definite performance difference beyond any tweaks that may have been done between 10.1 and 10.2.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    12-01-13 03:51 PM
    And here I took that the OP was just so overwhelmed with 'new z30' bliss that he didn't get around to charging it - and was pleasantly surprised with the battery level!

Thanks for the report! So glad you're happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:00 PM
    Did the same today. Bought myself a Z30 to replace my Z10. It is charging now.
    Nothing to report except that the start up screens are identical as the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:41 PM
    And here I took that the OP was just so overwhelmed with 'new z30' bliss that he didn't get around to charging it - and was pleasantly surprised with the battery level!

Thanks for the report! So glad you're happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    Yup, was testing its mettle. It passed the test beautifully. Also, I've dropped it already lol... passed that one too luckily. I guess I should start looking for a case.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:50 PM