Decision time for me, contract coming to an end and feeling the need to move up a bit out of the old small screen keyboard world of the 9360 to something else.

My main use is email, text, whatsapp, internet browsing (lots on the train) and listening to music. Not a big user of apps or playing games on my phone but have just bought a Sony camera that can be controlled from an Android or iPhone, not sure on Blackberry but doesn't look likely.

Looking at Z30 I can get one on contract for 24 months at about �27 a month and handset �40. Gives unlimited internet etc.
    iPhone can get for same monthly cost but the handset costs �235 instead, same package on internet etc.

Tempted by the blackberry but can't help thinking iPhone is better supported and really a couple of hundred more (approx $300) not that much more expensive for a device I will use for 2 years of my life.

What should I do?

Alter could get Z10 free with �21 a month contract.
    10-07-13 01:22 PM
    Decision time for me, contract coming to an end and feeling the need to move up a bit out of the old small screen keyboard world of the 9360 to something else.

My main use is email, text, whatsapp, internet browsing (lots on the train) and listening to music. Not a big user of apps or playing games on my phone but have just bought a Sony camera that can be controlled from an Android or iPhone, not sure on Blackberry but doesn't look likely.

Looking at Z30 I can get one on contract for 24 months at about �27 a month and handset �40. Gives unlimited internet etc.
    iPhone can get for same monthly cost but the handset costs �235 instead, same package on internet etc.

Tempted by the blackberry but can't help thinking iPhone is better supported and really a couple of hundred more (approx $300) not that much more expensive for a device I will use for 2 years of my life.

What should I do?

If you want to watch movies or video the Z30 would be the best choice. The Z10 has a great camera. I have a Nikon D90 and haven't taken it out of the case since I got the Z10 and using 10.2. The Z10 is awsome. The iphone 5S is an inferior phone as far as I am concerned. The Z10 can do everything faster than the 5S and I haven't found an app that I wanted missing.
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-07-13 01:56 PM
    BlackBerry if you want reliable remote file access.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-07-13 02:01 PM

What should I do?

If your current BlackBerry is working for u but you want a bigger screen stick with BlackBerry you have z10 4.2" or z30 5" there faster than any iPhone or I pad if you want to stick with a button but bigger screen do q10 if you want to go cheap go q5

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:06 PM
    For e-mail, texting, browsing, even the Z10 is a great device with decent performance, an excellent browser, and a good media player. The biggest weakness is battery life, though that is significantly improved in 10.2 and depending on how you use your device (and access to charging during the day, whether you buy something like the battery bundle, etc), that may not be a deal-breaker for you.

I'll admit I haven't handled a Z30 yet, but that deal sounds pretty sweet. My understanding is that the performance is significantly better than the Z10's (which isn't a slouch to begin with). The virtual keyboard on both Zs is honestly good enough that I've seen users switch from the iPhone over it.

The apps situation in BB10 is slowly improving, much as the critics seem to ignore that, and for your use case the Z30 would be great.
    10-07-13 02:11 PM
    If you want to watch movies or video the Z30 would be the best choice. The Z10 has a great camera. I have a Nikon D90 and haven't taken it out of the case since I got the Z10 and using 10.2. The Z10 is awsome. The iphone 5S is an inferior phone as far as I am concerned. The Z10 can do everything faster than the 5S and I haven't found an app that I wanted missing.
    Please explain how 5s is inferior phone!
    KoreyTM likes this.
    10-07-13 02:18 PM
    The iPhone has the smallest screen of the phones you mention ... something to bear in mind if you are looking to watch videos and browse the Internet. BlackBerry Z10/Z30 also have very easy to use touchscreen keyboards making text input a breeze.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and needforbbx like this.
    10-07-13 02:19 PM
    iPhone is ... a couple of hundred more (approx $300) not that much more expensive for a device I will use for 2 years of my life
    You could buy a nice Android tablet for that price difference, still have lots of change to spare, and you could tether to your new BlackBerry if you wanted to ...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:26 PM

My main use is email, text, whatsapp, internet browsing (lots on the train) and listening to music. Not a big user of apps or playing games on my phone
    If this is your primary use the Z10 or Z30 is the best device for that. TBH the text and email experience is pretty much the same on all three platforms.

They all play music equally well and BlackBerry 10 has the best browser of all three platforms .
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-07-13 02:26 PM
    How does email work on the Blackberry Z10/Z30 compared with the 9360 which seems to be routed via Blackberry and extremely reliable.
    10-07-13 03:04 PM
    Depends on your needs and preferences. I love my Z10 and as soon as the Z30 is released here on AT&T I will be getting that. BlackBerry 10 on a larger screen will be tops for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:14 PM
    i personally feel the Z10 or blackberry products have superb media playback simply because you can control the media playback with the hardware media controls. being able to fastforward, pause/ play, and rewinding with the volume control buttons without turning on the phone screen is great.
    10-07-13 03:25 PM
    How does email work on the Blackberry Z10/Z30 compared with the 9360 which seems to be routed via Blackberry and extremely reliable.
    Nowhere near as good as email on BIS devices however it is as good as it will get on any other platform out there.
    10-07-13 03:39 PM

What should I do?

Looks like your needs are all met with the current BlackBerry 10 line up...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 04:00 PM

What should I do?

Wait until you get your hands on each unit and see how each feels to use. Then weigh your options.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:51 PM
    My primary uses are email, document review, minor editing, browsing, BBM, photos, Facebook, and music. With the Z10 I have all but abandoned my tablets (PlayBook, IPAD). I will upgrade to Z30 and suspect the tablets will be permanently shelved.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:16 AM
    I should add, I travel a lot and use the blackberry travel app and Google maps. I am in law business and use mobile versions of various practice texts, as well as search lexis nexus, etc. All works great on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:20 AM
    Get a Z10 or 30, and a Google nexus 7 2nd gen for the same amount of money as an iPhone. Easy answer in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:59 AM
    Wait until you get your hands on each unit and see how each feels to use. Then weigh your options.

Posted via CB10
    I would absolutely second this.

Also, check the apps you need. Then find out if they are available *on the day* for the Z30. Judge objectively.
    10-10-13 04:06 AM
    Is having the option to control the camera with your phone a deal breaker? Because if it is, I would say you really have no option but to go with the iPhone.
    Other than this, it really comes down to whichever device you like the feel of. Try them out and make a decision based upon that because for the other stuff you listed, all new phones are essentially the same in those categories.
    10-10-13 08:07 AM
    The email experience is far more robust on iOS, sorry guys. I'm voting for the Z30, but the phone app, contacts app, and mail app are simply better. Hub is another story, however.
    10-10-13 08:31 AM
    One of the things I like about my 9360 is how small and portable it is, slightly concerned about the size of the Z30. I have a work phone which is a Sony Xperia SP which is an ok phone but I still find typing uncomfortable especially on a train where there alot of movement, I find it much easier to type on the proper keyboard.
    10-10-13 01:03 PM
    I originally got a Z10 (upgraded from 9900) then when over to a Q10, which is my main device. But... just two days ago I swapped my secondary iPhone to a Z30... so I carry to BlackBerrys now...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    10-10-13 02:08 PM
    One of the things I like about my 9360 is how small and portable it is, slightly concerned about the size of the Z30. I have a work phone which is a Sony Xperia SP which is an ok phone but I still find typing uncomfortable especially on a train where there alot of movement, I find it much easier to type on the proper keyboard.
    That mean z30 can work or especially the z10 because the keyboard on those are that superior than any other phone I use my z10 all the time on the train or bus when there fill....just get a lot of eyes one me while I swipe words lol

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:49 AM
    The email experience is far more robust on iOS, sorry guys. I'm voting for the Z30, but the phone app, contacts app, and mail app are simply better. Hub is another story, however.
    How on earth mail app on ios better!! You can't even attach a simple document from mail app. Don't tell me how can I get a 3rd party app to do it.rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:00 AM
29 12