Ok people I need some real honest advise. My brother is looking for an upgrade to his 9700. He is not at all tech savvy and has the options of Xperia Z 2, Galaxy S5, Lumia 1520 and Z 30.
    I will most probably suggest him a Z 30, but I have some doubts.

1. How is the battery life of Z30 compared to the other options? I know it's way better than the z10 but is it better than the ones above?

2. I have come across a lot of pocket dialling issues. How bad is it? He has some important clients and I definitely don't want him to be embarrassed by this.

3. Learning curve. Someone who has used all of the above may able to answer this. Which one of them is the easiest. I personally found it easy to learn it but at the same time I haven't had any other platform as a daily driver and as I said my bro is not at all tech savvy so he may actually like a straight forward UI.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:31 PM
    Well, if he's really into his BlackBerry then 9700 to a Z30 is not that much of a learning curve.

The hub is unified inbox

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-09-14 03:40 PM
    Ok people I need some real honest advise. My brother is looking for an upgrade to his 9700. He is not at all tech savvy and has the options of Xperia Z 2, Galaxy S5, Lumia 1520 and Z 30.
    I will most probably suggest him a Z 30, but I have some doubts.

1. How is the battery life of Z30 compared to the other options? I know it's way better than the z10 but is it better than the ones above?

2. I have come across a lot of pocket dialling issues. How bad is it? He has some important clients and I definitely don't want him to be embarrassed by this.

3. Learning curve. Someone who has used all of the above may able to answer this. Which one of them is the easiest. I personally found it easy to learn it but at the same time I haven't had any other platform as a daily driver and as I said my bro is not at all tech savvy so he may actually like a straight forward UI.

Posted via CB10
    I have never had any issues with pocket dialing on my Z. I had my settings to wake up my phone with the power button.

I never used a Windows phone, but to me, Android is all over the board. I like tinkering with my phones. You can customize Android, but I personally don't care for them as they become old quick in my opinion. What do I mean by old? The OS wears off after awhile and for me the widgets and majority of the fart apps were never used. BlackBerry OS 10 is in general pretty simple. So, between BlackBerry and Apple, they fit my needs for daily use.

The Z30 battery life is a monster. There again, BlackBerry and Apple are really efficient in their operating systems. Easy to close apps...etc leaving the battery to rest more often than Android devices. the past Android devices I used always seem to be running some kind of app even thought I would kill the app after I used it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:52 PM
    No pocket dialing issues on the Z30 like the Z10 for myself. As for the battery, very comparable to the S5, my friend has the S5 and he gets great life, as do I with my Z30. As for the learning curve, the Z30 personally seems more user friendly.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:02 PM
    Z30 won mobile Madness 2014. Look it up and get one. I have had some pocket dial issues. Either hit the top button a second to put the phone asleep or put phone in a Blackberrry leather pouch or case that has the magnet so that puts it to sleep.
    08-09-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:45 AM
    Imo someone who has been using a BlackBerry for a while would appreciate the Z30 out of the ones you listed the most.

Posted via CB10
    Deitzanova likes this.
    08-10-14 01:40 PM
    Upgrade advice, please?-img_20140810_114828.png

Battery is awesome. 30 hours.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-10-14 01:49 PM