I'm upgrading to the Z30 at the end of next week through carphone warehouse on O2. From what I know, you do not need BIS for BlackBerry 10 so when I choose my tariff I should not buy the works for blackberry add on (email,bbm etc). I was unsure about this because i know people on here who have had to buy the monthly BIS service. So should I NOT choose the works for BlackBerry?
    10-18-13 02:03 AM
    I'm upgrading to the Z30 at the end of next week through carphone warehouse on O2. From what I know, you do not need BIS for BlackBerry 10 so when I choose my tariff I should not buy the works for blackberry add on (email,bbm etc). I was unsure about this because i know people on here who have had to buy the monthly BIS service. So should I NOT choose the works for BlackBerry?
    Bb10 uses a standard data package - when it was first released, because of poor training, lots of carrier reps were still selling people BIS because they don't knowthat it wasn't required.
    10-18-13 02:08 AM
    Yeah many reps said that to me which was why I was unsure. Thanks for the info, Ill be happily enjoying my Z30 then
    10-18-13 02:11 AM
    Bb10 uses a standard data package - when it was first released, because of poor training, lots of carrier reps were still selling people BIS because they don't knowthat it wasn't required.
    and letting go of bis is costing blackberry money.
    10-18-13 02:11 AM
    And be careful because without bis you will use more data like others phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:30 AM
    And be careful because without bis you will use more data like others phones.

Posted via CB10
    With or without BIS the BB10/30 will use more data.
    10-18-13 06:42 AM
    I'm confused, some comments seem to say that without BIS will use more data butj, if I understand this correctly, I never use anywhere near all the allowable data on my plan
    So for my new Z30, do I need BIS (costing me additional $10 per month on TMO).
    My question is, Can I let go of the $10 per month BIS if I get 500 I am only using 139.06 MB last month and never hit the allowable 500 data in my simple value plan is plan includes:

Unlimited talk & text
    Up to 500MB of 4G LTE data. No overage fees. Data service suspended after 500MB.
    Recommended for casual web browsing, email, and social networking
    so far this month :
    Usage overview
    22 days left
    Bill Cycle Ends:
    Jun. 13, 2014

Data
    Judy
    0.29 MB
    05-22-14 05:16 PM
    I'm confused, some comments seem to say that without BIS will use more data butj, if I understand this correctly, I never use anywhere near all the allowable data on my plan
    So for my new Z30, do I need BIS (costing me additional $10 per month on TMO).
    My question is, Can I let go of the $10 per month BIS if I get 500 I am only using 139.06 MB last month and never hit the allowable 500 data in my simple value plan is plan includes:

Unlimited talk & text
    Up to 500MB of 4G LTE data. No overage fees. Data service suspended after 500MB.
    Recommended for casual web browsing, email, and social networking
    so far this month :
    Usage overview
    22 days left
    Bill Cycle Ends:
    Jun. 13, 2014

Data
    Judy
    0.29 MB

You will use more data with the Z30 because you only use a standard smartphone data plan. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that you will need to increase the amount of data on your service plan. Use wifi when possible and monitor your usage.

With BIS on legacy BlackBerry devices the data is compressed, meaning you use less. The device browser sends a request via a dedicated channel to the BlackBerry server. The Blackberry server then requests for the page you seek from the server where it is hosted, receives the information, formats and compresses it and sends it back to your device and the page is displayed on your screen.

BIS also compresses data from emails too.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:54 PM