Good afternoon folks. Recently (a matter of a few hours ago) I have decided to put down my Z10 in exchange for a Z30.

My reasoning for doing so can be found mainly in the specs sheet for the Z30. But for mainly these following reasons:

1- battery life
    2- parateck antenna
    3- practically dark theme'd everything
    4 - Z10 earpiece needs replacing every few months

Now with that a side. Down to my curiosity. I am using the Z10 in the GTA( greater toronto area/ ontario Canada) on Wind mobile. The reception is fine I have no complaints. Although I do have a curious question regarding the parateck antenna. Winds coverage doesn't reach very far. Nor does it penetrate concrete walls all to well.

So my question to anyone who has tried this phone on wind mobile is. How well does the parateck antenna assist with reception inside buildings( condos, offices, malls, etc). I'm really curious to know of anyone's experiences with this. If anyone has anything to offer I'm all for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 12:57 PM
    You get slightly better reception, but nothing to write home about.

The problem is really the network frequency.

The one thing that really helps is the battery size.

The Wind frequency drains up to about 25% more battery than the other networks, and the Z30 battery really helps with that.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    05-17-14 01:39 PM
    Right on! That's what I figured really. I appreciate the feedback. I don't understand why any phone is released with a battery that is definitely sub par. If I didn't have the battery bundle on me and a charger while at work I'd be incommunicado by noon!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:43 PM
    You get slightly better reception, but nothing to write home about.

The problem is really the network frequency.

The one thing that really helps is the battery size.

The Wind frequency drains up to about 25% more battery than the other networks, and the Z30 battery really helps with that.

Right on! That's what I figured really. I appreciate the feedback. I don't understand why any phone is released with a battery that is definitely sub par. If I didn't have the battery bundle on me and a charger while at work I'd be incommunicado by noon!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:43 PM
    Spouse has Z30 on Wind and it's definitely an improvement in range and speed. Previously couldn't get coverage in several areas and now able too. You won't be disappointed.
    05-17-14 06:17 PM
    Spouse has Z30 on Wind and it's definitely an improvement in range and speed. Previously couldn't get coverage in several areas and now able too. You won't be disappointed.
    Absolutely Amazing Feedback man!! Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 07:01 PM
    I also use a BlackBerry Z30 unlocked, and un-branded.
    Model: STA100-5
    Currently using OS10.2.1.3175
    Future OS10.3.0.296 leak not yet installed.
    Mobile carrier: @windmobile

The reception is very impressive using WIND when around Toronto, GTA and surrounding (Brampton, Mississauga, Port Credit, Scarborough, Oakville, even Milton).

I've never got it as strong on my Q10, so it's definitely the #Z30 Paratek antenna technology for sure!

You'll have no regrets owning one of these badboys!!!

Good luck!

Posted via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    05-18-14 06:30 PM
    I won a Z30 from attending the BlackBerry Experience in Toronto, using it on Wind. I also have a Q10 on Wind. The Q10 seems to hold and lock signals [wifi and cellular] better than the Z30. I have no idea why.
    05-18-14 09:48 PM
    Good afternoon folks. Recently (a matter of a few hours ago) I have decided to put down my Z10 in exchange for a Z30.

My reasoning for doing so can be found mainly in the specs sheet for the Z30. But for mainly these following reasons:

1- battery life
    2- parateck antenna
    3- practically dark theme'd everything
    4 - Z10 earpiece needs replacing every few months

Now with that a side. Down to my curiosity. I am using the Z10 in the GTA( greater toronto area/ ontario Canada) on Wind mobile. The reception is fine I have no complaints. Although I do have a curious question regarding the parateck antenna. Winds coverage doesn't reach very far. Nor does it penetrate concrete walls all to well.

So my question to anyone who has tried this phone on wind mobile is. How well does the parateck antenna assist with reception inside buildings( condos, offices, malls, etc). I'm really curious to know of anyone's experiences with this. If anyone has anything to offer I'm all for it.

Posted via CB10
    My understanding is that WIND uses a different network than the rest of the major carriers - more like T-Mobile in the USA instead of like Rogers or Bell.

Be careful about which Z30 you're getting - the STA100-5 is good enough for the other carriers but may be not perfect for you on Wind.
    05-18-14 09:57 PM
    Hi all, I hate to be the barer of bad news. But unfortunately I'm not getting a Z30 anymore. I'm going to tough it out day by day with my Z10. Swapping batteries by noon. Until I've gradually accumulated the cash for a Z30. I'm not 100% happy about that. But at the same time. It's the smart, adult, economical thing to do. I appreciate all of the input from everyone. But right now. Just isn't the right time.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:32 PM
    My understanding is that WIND uses a different network than the rest of the major carriers - more like T-Mobile in the USA instead of like Rogers or Bell.

Be careful about which Z30 you're getting - the STA100-5 is good enough for the other carriers but may be not perfect for you on Wind.
    The BB Z30 STA100-5 is meant for WIND Mobile... I'm using it.
    Search for Z30 model comparison, and you'll see that the STA100-5 is for WIND, Mobilicity, and T-Mobile.
    05-18-14 11:10 PM
    No worries Mikey, take your time, you do it when you feel it's the right time.
    05-18-14 11:11 PM
    The Sta-5 works for all Canadian carriers. Just like the Stl-3 and the Sqr-1.

Even though they have different bands, the Canadian sold BB10 phone support all the bands being used in Canada right now.

I do believe there is some difference in the Q10s though.

05-19-14 12:10 AM
    Thanks buddy! In time..

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:29 AM
    Figured I fill you in!! The time has come!!! I'll be picking up my BlackBerry Z30 tomorrow on my lunch hour!!! I'm absolutely excited beyond words .

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:17 PM
    Grimreaper420 I have awesome news. The planets have aligned! I pick up my BlackBerry Z30 tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:48 PM
    Back to your original question; I live in a 1940's built home, constructed with double brick and with mostly solid brick walls in the interior, this thing is built to last! With my Z10 I experienced a couple of "cold" spots where the signal was weak and unusable. With the Z30 the "cold" spots are significantly better, to the point I can actually have a two way conversation everywhere in the house and not have to worry about running to a "warm" spot every time the phone rings or I dial out.

WIND's AWS network is not renowned for building penetration but so far my limited experience with the Z30 seems to make that mostly moot.
    05-28-14 08:02 PM