I recently purchased a Verizon Z30 on EBay. I'm assuming the phone is unlocked and having problems activating it as the phone comes up invalid when I enter the EMEI number. Can I have the phone locked as I will not being using this over seas so activation can occur? The phone is brand new and never been activated. I ran the EMEI number and came up as not stolen or lost. Any help will be appreciated.
    12-20-13 04:14 PM
    I don't quite understand.

The phone is unlocked, that's for sure. You're having difficulty activating it with which carrier? And if you put in a different SIM overseas, that won't activate the phone on any other network but that carrier's.
    12-20-13 04:18 PM
    Oops. My carrier is with Verizon.
    12-20-13 04:22 PM
    It won't be used over seas. Here in the good ol' USA.
    12-20-13 04:23 PM
    Using a Verizon SIM card
    12-20-13 04:23 PM
    So you're not able to activate this phone on Verizon's network? Have you tried giving CS the ESN or IMEI or whatever, or inputting it online somewhere? If the phone is clean, you shouldn't have any problems activating it. AFAIK, Verizon's only requirement for activating phones not bought through them is that they be Verizon-branded, which the STA100-3 is.
    12-20-13 04:34 PM
    What do you mean by activating the phone. You should be able to just put in the sim and go.

Everyone I know with this model has had no problems at all an they're with other carriers. You shouldn't have any problems at all but having being that your carrier is Verizon, you may try giving them a call to see if perhaps something needs to be modified on your account.

I hope this helps.

MePiikan...you shall not be forgotten.
    12-20-13 04:35 PM
    I recently purchased a Verizon Z30 on EBay. I'm assuming the phone is unlocked and having problems activating it as the phone comes up invalid when I enter the EMEI number. Can I have the phone locked as I will not being using this over seas so activation can occur? The phone is brand new and never been activated. I ran the EMEI number and came up as not stolen or lost. Any help will be appreciated.
    Cornhuskur

were you able to get this situation resolved and if so, how I've been trying to get my Z30 that I purchased directly from BlackBerry activated on the Verizon network for a week and still no luck.
    12-30-13 05:36 PM
    Cornhuskur

were you able to get this situation resolved and if so, how I've been trying to get my Z30 that I purchased directly from BlackBerry activated on the Verizon network for a week and still no luck.
    To activate ON Verizon, you need Verizon branded phones, which is the STA100-3. I don't think BlackBerry sells these directly (unless you got it through a special arrangement.)
    12-30-13 05:40 PM
    I got it through a special arrangement, my bestie works for BlackBerry. It's the STA 100-3
    raino likes this.
    12-30-13 08:52 PM
    I got it through a special arrangement, my bestie works for BlackBerry. It's the STA 100-3
    Cheers. AFAIK, there are two ways to switch devices on Verizon--by calling, or DIY online. I assume a new activation is an extension of, if not similar to device switching, so the avenues available would be the same. Have you tried both in your case?
    12-31-13 10:15 AM
    I tried both. BlackBerry shipped the phone w/o a SIM card and Verizon kept giving me the run around about not being able to activate the device b/c the IMEI# wasn't in their DMD ( device management database). After three trips to the store, submitting numerous DMD tickets and hours on the phone with CRSs and Tech Support Verizon still wouldn't activate the phone and I was at my wit's end. Soooo, I took my ranting to twitter and facebook. I publically declared war and posted multiple rants about my experiencve. I also called Tier 2 tech support directly. That must have lit a fire somewhere b/c Big Red called back to let me know that the IMEI was added and a SIM card was shipped. Nine days later, I'm finally able to use my Z30.
    raino, ediggity and HotFix like this.
    12-31-13 11:32 PM
    I tried both. BlackBerry shipped the phone w/o a SIM card and Verizon kept giving me the run around about not being able to activate the device b/c the IMEI# wasn't in their DMD ( device management database). After three trips to the store, submitting numerous DMD tickets and hours on the phone with CRSs and Tech Support Verizon still wouldn't activate the phone and I was at my wit's end. Soooo, I took my ranting to twitter and facebook. I publically declared war and posted multiple rants about my experiencve. I also called Tier 2 tech support directly. That must have lit a fire somewhere b/c Big Red called back to let me know that the IMEI was added and a SIM card was shipped. Nine days later, I'm finally able to use my Z30.
    Lemon margarita when Verizon tried to give you a lemon. You rock.
    12-31-13 11:39 PM
    Just had to check back in from my awesome Z30. I absolutely love it!!

Posted via CB10
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    01-01-14 02:13 PM