I just got my Z30 yesterday and I just want to say, besides the obvious, that there are some features that I never see people posting about. Coming from the Z10, maybe its only my "nitpicky" attitude that notices these things.

First of all, the LED notification is SOFT!!! No more being blinded by the Z10 LED, especially for brighter colours like whites, blues and yellows. This is fantastic and I love it.
    Second, the glass is UNBELIEVABLY smoother. The overall touch experience on the Z30 makes me just want to keep playing with it and never put it down.
    And finally, the immersion experience the phone overall provides when playing games. The screen is responsive and I have noticed no lag yet, and on top of it, the stereo speakers really bring you "into" the game.

I love it. AND for someone with not particularly stupidly long fingers, I find using this device with 1 hand not that much of a challenge (typing is a little more difficult). All in all, this phone is awesome and anyone coming from a Z10 who is doubtful should not worry...it is well worth it!!
    11-13-13 06:55 AM
    Wow!! Thank you for your honest opinions about this phone! I so want to try one even tho I can't get one for now.
    11-13-13 07:30 AM
    Smoother glass you say hmmm....

Posted via CB10
    earlym likes this.
    11-13-13 07:31 AM
    There is a flipside to this. I love my Z30, but there are a few changes I'm getting used to that I miss from my Z10.

-Bluetooth. When I had my Z10, and I went to my car, the bluetooth would automatically link, and start playing my tunes. I also could control the Z10 from the steering wheel from my car. With the Z30, the car is stubborn to pick up the bluetooth signal. And when it does, it doesn't do the same things my Z10 did.

-Tapatalk. I had this app on my Z10 and loved it. I don't see it available for my Z30.

-touch response. It might be me, but I could swear my Z10 was more responsive to touch.

Overall, I love, love, love the Z30. The tradeoffs are worth it. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, and can see myself keeping this phone for a long period of time. Yes, its that good.
    theblob, anjumaziz and revtech like this.
    11-13-13 07:35 AM
    Smoother glass until you put on a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:47 PM
    Glass becomes scratched if you don't put in a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:47 PM
    I also love the larger keyboard... just enough bigger than the Z10 to reduce errors and increase typing speed

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got the Otterbox Commuter case and it came with one

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:01 PM
    The smoother glass was the first thing I noticed... it's fantastic, eh?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:21 PM
    The smoother glass was the first thing I noticed... it's fantastic, eh?

Posted via CB10
    I made the mistake of using my device without a screen protector for a couples days and I fell in love with the feel of the screen. Now that I have a screen protector on it feels cheap and doesn't slide as nice.

Posted via Z30 using CB10
    anon(4226043) likes this.
    11-13-13 03:33 PM
    I only disagree in one point, the typing is much easier for me, the few more millimeters in the width made me more accurate in typing.
    11-13-13 03:39 PM
    I made the mistake of using my device without a screen protector for a couples days and I fell in love with the feel of the screen. Now that I have a screen protector on it feels cheap and doesn't slide as nice.

Posted via Z30 using CB10
    I'm glad I put the screen protector on right away, because I would be doing the same thing. Love my Z30, I was sad to cover it in a skin, but the Phantomskinz do a pretty good job of protecting the phone well.
    11-13-13 03:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tnx. I haven't taken the original plastic cover off yet. I was about to before I read your post.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:38 PM
    I only disagree in one point, the typing is much easier for me, the few more millimeters in the width made me more accurate in typing.
    One handed typing is easier? Damn you must have massive hands!!
    11-13-13 04:58 PM
    Is this "glass will scratch easier" a real thing or just you guys' perception?
    I can't stand screen protectors and never had a problem with any other phone I've ever owned without one.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:49 PM
    I love my z30,, upgrade from the z10 and never looked back. The other things I noticed for me is that the screen orientation works a lot better, before I always locked it because on my z10 kept switching to quickly.. The sound is truly amazing.. The only thing I noticed if anyone else has, is when the z30 is connected to my BMW, I see a BMW logo on it.. but I noticed when driving the z30 goes into the lock screen quickly if not in use.. I would say 30 seconds. Even though I have the z30 in 3 minute lock screen.. Not sure if it’s a safety feature, but did notice it..

The think I love the most is the big screen, the web site just look amazing on it, I find myself not taking my laptop with me now because I can do almost 80% of my work on the road. Call quality is amazing and so smooth and fast. Best BB upgrade for me to date since beginning of Smart phones.
    11-13-13 07:43 PM
    One handed typing is easier? ... must have massive hands!!
    I remember when the reviews came out, about the first Samsung Galaxy Note "phablet" phone, and it turns out later that the review writers were all fantasizing instead of getting the Note into their hands.
    11-13-13 07:45 PM
    I love my z30,, upgrade from the z10 and never looked back. The other things I noticed for me is that the screen orientation works a lot better, before I always locked it because on my z10 kept switching to quickly.. The sound is truly amazing.. The only thing I noticed if anyone else has, is when the z30 is connected to my BMW, I see a BMW logo on it.. but I noticed when driving the z30 goes into the lock screen quickly if not in use.. I would say 30 seconds. Even though I have the z30 in 3 minute lock screen.. Not sure if it�s a safety feature, but did notice it..

The think I love the most is the big screen, the web site just look amazing on it, I find myself not taking my laptop with me now because I can do almost 80% of my work on the road. Call quality is amazing and so smooth and fast. Best BB upgrade for me to date since beginning of Smart phones.
    My Z10 running 10.2 behaves the same way with my BMW, so it's not unique to Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:23 PM
    There is a flipside to this. I love my Z30, but there are a few changes I'm getting used to that I miss from my Z10.

-Bluetooth. When I had my Z10, and I went to my car, the bluetooth would automatically link, and start playing my tunes. I also could control the Z10 from the steering wheel from my car. With the Z30, the car is stubborn to pick up the bluetooth signal. And when it does, it doesn't do the same things my Z10 did.

-Tapatalk. I had this app on my Z10 and loved it. I don't see it available for my Z30.

-touch response. It might be me, but I could swear my Z10 was more responsive to touch.

Overall, I love, love, love the Z30. The tradeoffs are worth it. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, and can see myself keeping this phone for a long period of time. Yes, its that good.
    Sandman10, do you happen to still have your Z10? If so is it running 10.2.0.1791 by any chance?
    11-13-13 08:41 PM
    Agreed. I absolutely love this device. Excited for 10.2.1 and beyond

SGN3--->5S----> z30. CB10
    11-13-13 08:52 PM
    [QUOTE Overall, I love, love, love the Z30. The tradeoffs are worth it. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, and can see myself keeping this phone for a long period of time. Yes, its that good.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've gone through the note 3 and 5s within a 1 month span but something about this z30 that I feel like I'll hang on to. (unless bbry releases another device that's makes me drool) ha

SGN3--->5S----> z30. CB10
    11-13-13 08:56 PM
    Tapatalk was pulled from BB10 so we could get the native version if iirc. Never heard anything again after that.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:05 PM

It's not available for z10 anymore either, don't delete it unless you want to side load it

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-13-13 10:26 PM
    I've scratched the screen on mine more in 5 days than I had in 8 months with the z10... but the glass is so silky smooth that I don't feel like putting a protector on it. I think I might get a pouch for this phone as I love the feel of it too much in my hands
    11-13-13 10:50 PM
    I've scratched the screen on mine more in 5 days than I had in 8 months with the z10... but the glass is so silky smooth that I don't feel like putting a protector on it. I think I might get a pouch for this phone as I love the feel of it too much in my hands
    reverse for me. My z10 screen scratched so easy. My z30 screen 3 weeks in is still pristine. No screen projector. just a rubber case.
    11-13-13 11:04 PM
35 12