I have been having this problem with my Z10 as well as with my wife's Z30. Both our phones are unable to connect to our wifi network when there is no internet connection.

When the router has an internet connection, the phones automatically connect to the router flawlessly. When there is no internet connection, we get a notification saying "Wi-Fi Connection Limited" When you open this notification it gives the network name and says that "This network appears to have limited internet access as some websites are unreachable. To fully access the internet, connect to another network." When the router gets an internet connection, the phones connect to the wifi network automatically and the notification goes away. I have tried this with different routers and at my work place also and the issue is observed in all cases.

This was not the case when I got my Z10 in March 2013 but has started appearing since the 10.1 update and the Z30 has had the issue since we got it in Jan. 2014.

All my other devices (laptop, TV, iPad) are able to connect to the wifi network even when there is not internet connection and i am able to stream music and videos from my laptop to my TV.
    Is there anything that I am missing or is this a known bug? What is strange is that this wasnt an issue with 10.0!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Nikhil
    09-06-14 07:36 AM
    This is a "feature" that prevents you from being in a situation where you connect to an access point, and then you can't do anything on your phone that requires data.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:59 AM
    So you are saying if i set up a home or office network without an internet connection, i cannot connect to the network using BB10 phones? That doesn't sound right.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 01:08 AM