Hello all

As of last night I was able to run Google Play Store on my device using 10.2.1 which is great. But there was an updated made available this morning when I went to update it said unable to install app. Now when I try to open Google Play Store I see...

Unable to access Google Play Store n Amazon App Store during update-img_20150312_052800.png
    Unable to access Google Play Store n Amazon App Store during update-img_20150312_052808.png

When I hit accept the second second screen pops up then closes every time. The same thing happened to Amazon App Store I don't know what went or what I did wrong. Any advice to correct this problem??

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:21 AM
    Unable to access Google Play Store n Amazon App Store during update-img_20150312_072413.png
    Unable to access Google Play Store n Amazon App Store during update-img_20150312_072426.png

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:25 AM
    Google Play Store and associated Google Services are not compatible with a BB10 device at all.
    You can not install the official Google release versions of their app store and services.
    However, CrackBerry member Cobalt has made a patched version that does work with BB10:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

If you were running the patched version and then did allow Google to update the app, that will break it.
    03-12-15 06:36 AM
    Google Play Store and associated Google Services are not compatible with a BB10 device at all.
    You can not install the official Google release versions of their app store and services.
    However, CrackBerry member Cobalt has made a patched version that does work with BB10:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

If you were running the patched version and then did allow Google to update the app, that will break it.
    Is the patch those three apk files I had to use to install and run Google Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:42 AM
    Is the patch those three apk files I had to use to install and run Google Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    The files posted by Cobalt are the ones he has patched on the above link.
    All three are required and must be installed and setup per the instructions on the link.
    Uninstall any versions already on your device, if present first.
    03-12-15 07:02 AM
    The files posted by Cobalt are the ones he has patched on the above link.
    All three are required and must be installed and setup per the instructions on the link.
    Uninstall any versions already on your device, if present first.
    Okay
    I see the confusion um followed the steps I have the three apk files on my phone right now. I was able to gain access to Google Play Store no problem but when I went to update it is where the problem started now I can't access it anymore. So my question is there way to correct this? Or do I just need to uninstall everything and start the process all over again?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:10 AM
    Or do I just need to uninstall everything and start the process all over again?

Posted via CB10
    This is the best way ^
    03-12-15 07:40 AM
    Okay
    I see the confusion um followed the steps I have the three apk files on my phone right now. I was able to gain access to Google Play Store no problem but when I went to update it is where the problem started now I can't access it anymore. So my question is there way to correct this? Or do I just need to uninstall everything and start the process all over again?

Posted via CB10
    If you read the first post of my thread you'll see that OS 10.2.1 is not supported. Play Store will install, but if you download something, it will crash. You'll have to update your device to 10.3 and you'll be fine.
    Carl Estes and DaFoxGrey like this.
    03-12-15 07:56 AM
    If you read the first post of my thread you'll see that OS 10.2.1 is not supported. Play Store will install, but if you download something, it will crash. You'll have to update your device to 10.3 and you'll be fine.
    Thanks Cobalt, I missed that part
    03-12-15 07:58 AM
    Okay thanks Cobalt I guess I'll have to do with out it till 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:16 AM
    What about Amazon App Store?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:17 AM
    Should work, but the android runtime of 10.2.x has it's flaws. You may encounter problems.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-12-15 08:34 AM
    What about Amazon App Store?

Posted via CB10
    The Amazon App Store runs fine on 10.2.x, which is what I am running on my Z30.
    Some apps may not work, but I find about 90 percent are fine, the runtime is waaay better that what we were stuck with in 2.x.x for the Playbook whuich required sideloading (hit and miss proposition)...
    Still waiting for a correct and stable update......
    03-12-15 08:38 AM
    Should work, but the android runtime of 10.2.x has it's flaws. You may encounter problems.
    Okay thanks

I guess 10.3.1 would solve a lot of issues.

Is there any direct links to the 10.3.1 update?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:39 AM
    Be careful, there are major issues with the update which BB pulled back, and I am still on the fence that folks who loaded "leaked" versions prior to the "update", may still be contributing to the folks' devices who are having major issues after trying to go "official".......
    03-12-15 08:42 AM
    Thanks Cobalt.
    03-12-15 09:09 AM
    Ensure you do not update the patched version Cobalt had put up.

I ran into this issue some time ago after I updated the Google Play Store, it began to crash out, I immediately went back to the Cobalt page, deleted the updated Play Store then installed the Cobalt's. It works fine till date without issues.

What I suggest is, you may wish to install 1 Mobile market or Snap as these could be updated as many times as new updates are launched on available.

But keep off from updating the Google Play Store.

Thank you

ZedThir30. STA100-2. 10.3.1.2267
    03-12-15 09:53 AM
    Ensure you do not update the patched version Cobalt had put up.

I ran into this issue some time ago after I updated the Google Play Store, it began to crash out, I immediately went back to the Cobalt page, deleted the updated Play Store then installed the Cobalt's. It works fine till date without issues.

What I suggest is, you may wish to install 1 Mobile market or Snap as these could be updated as many times as new updates are launched on available.

But keep off from updating the Google Play Store.

Thank you

ZedThir30. STA100-2. 10.3.1.2267
    I have both 1 Mobile Market and Snap I used mobogenie to update Google Play Store. That's when things went to hell then after I tried to update in 1 Mobile Market and it made no difference at all. I already deleted Google Play Store and I'm just waiting for my carrier to release 10.3.1 or considering getting the leaked version. However, hearing about all these issues that comes with the leaked version has me cautious.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:09 AM