OK, I'm not quite ready to buy since my Z10 is on contract. The first step in convincing my wife that I need to pass the Z10 on to my daughter is to get a Z30 in hand to play with.

This is my experience at a mall in North Yorkshire. London would probably been much different.

Unfortunately every store I went into had never heard of it, or hadn't gotten any in yet. Here's the breakdown:
    Car Phone Warehouse: Had never heard of it, but after checking the computer, showing thousands in inventory, but none yet in the store (CPW selling online with O2 as carrier)
    3: None on display
    EE: None on display
    Phones4U: None in store yet.
    O2: None, and the O2 worker had never heard of it.

It was a disappointing day to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:24 AM
    Got mine from BLACKBERRY Blackberry Z30 smartphone | selfridges.com
    Next day delivery. Its a brilliant machine!

UK Z30, Where is it?-img_00000003.jpg
    10-06-13 10:31 AM
    Got mine from BLACKBERRY Blackberry Z30 smartphone | selfridges.com
    Next day delivery. Its a brilliant machine!
    Glad to hear, I'm really excited to get my hands on one. That's the problem though, so far at least, they aren't in any stores, and most of the reps have never heard of them. Hopefully another week or two will get some on the streets in my area.
    10-06-13 11:47 AM
    No way, had same experience today in Birmingham!

See my thread!

No one was interested in nor did they have one.

Not even Carphone Warehouse who should have them.

There isn't even a space in the rack for one.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 01:41 PM
    Totally agree I've tried but cannot find one I ain't interested in o2 from carfone warehoose if u do a Google search its just non existant no Vodafone /orange nothing what's going on??
    10-06-13 01:47 PM
    In my opinion it's very much like the Z10...

I only really want to have look at one as I figure when the 10.2 release is rolled out the Z10 will be so much better...

But I'm really tempted by a Q10 I have to say, can potentially upgrade in December/ January.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 01:51 PM
    In my opinion it's very much like the Z10...

I only really want to have look at one as I figure when the 10.2 release is rolled out the Z10 will be so much better...

But I'm really tempted by a Q10 I have to say, can potentially upgrade in December/ January.

A UK Z10 Owner
    My wife loves her Q10. I do less email so I prefer the larger screen of the Z10. Not bothered by the Z30.
    10-06-13 01:55 PM
    OK, I'm not quite ready to buy since my Z10 is on contract. The first step in convincing my wife that I need to pass the Z10 on to my daughter is to get a Z30 in hand to play with.

This is my experience at a mall in North Yorkshire. London would probably been much different.

Unfortunately every store I went into had never heard of it, or hadn't gotten any in yet. Here's the breakdown:
    Car Phone Warehouse: Had never heard of it, but after checking the computer, showing thousands in inventory, but none yet in the store (CPW selling online with O2 as carrier)
    3: None on display
    EE: None on display
    Phones4U: None in store yet.
    O2: None, and the O2 worker had never heard of it.

It was a disappointing day to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    o2 guy in Trafford Centre had heard of it and said it would probably be out Monday or Tuesday 30/1st October. However, looking at the o2 Coming Soon page, its not even there.
    10-06-13 02:17 PM
    Can you let us know if it supports the wireless charging?

Posted using my sexy white Z10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1761
    10-06-13 02:33 PM
    o2 guy in Trafford Centre had heard of it and said it would probably be out Monday or Tuesday 30/1st October. However, looking at the o2 Coming Soon page, its not even there.
    And its also now way past that date..

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 04:02 PM
    If it will sell 10% in units of what Samsung Galaxy S4 will sell, it is a big deal
    10-06-13 10:50 PM
    If it will sell 10% in units of what Samsung Galaxy S4 will sell, it is a big deal
    Exactly. They just need 1 out of 10 big screen smartphone buyers to get the Z30.
    10-06-13 10:57 PM
    OK.. Well I'm a new convert. Purchased mine today from Clove.co.uk
    I've been using Android for many years, before that IOs. To be honest I came to the Z30 as it did tick more boxes for me than the other platforms. (strange i know)
    I need a rSAP phone with good email/SMS handling. Big enough screen so if I need to watch a movie, i can.

There are some draw backs for me.
    I've not been able to pick one of these things up as there aren't any in stores. So I've no idea what to expect in terms of ergonomics and what the screen actually looks like. I'm using a HTC one at present and I absolutely love the screen on it. But I've had to root it to make the phone book compatible with my car and to add rSAP. Now I have to un-root to upgrade to the latest and greatest Android software (what ever the new one is called) then I have to re-root it and install back and set up all my features. To be honest. I just can't be bothered to do this. I just know I will have issues. Hence the change of direction.
    10-07-13 10:26 AM
    I work for Phones4U and we're not stocking the Z30 (infact, all of the BB10 devices have been recalled) which is a shame, since I really wanted to get the Z30.

As far as I'm aware only Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone are stocking the Z30 in the high street.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 01:29 PM
    I work for Phones4U and we're not stocking the Z30 (infact, all of the BB10 devices have been recalled) which is a shame, since I really wanted to get the Z30
    Phones4U is still listing the Q5

PS.. wonder if the disappearance of BB10s is a precursor to direct selling by BlackBerry and selected partners???

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:33 PM
    I work for Phones4U and we're not stocking the Z30 (infact, all of the BB10 devices have been recalled) which is a shame, since I really wanted to get the Z30.

As far as I'm aware only Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone are stocking the Z30 in the high street.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really disappointed as I wanted to upgrade in December to either Q5 or Q10...

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-07-13 04:37 PM
    I meant to add I took my contract out with P4U.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-07-13 04:37 PM
    Phones4U is still listing the Q5

PS.. wonder if the disappearance of BB10s is a precursor to direct selling by BlackBerry and selected partners???

Posted via CB10
    Might be listed on the website, but all the stock got recalled from my store about two weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:17 PM
    I'm really disappointed as I wanted to upgrade in December to either Q5 or Q10...

A UK Z10 Owner
    Yeah, me too. I wanted to get a Z30 this month, hopefully something changes in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:24 PM
    This is all very disconcerting...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:39 PM
    Well I was "supposed" to be a new Z30 owner today but Clove.co.uk failed to ship the goods last night. I've cancelled the order for now as there does seem to be a complete lack on support for the new BB devices from the stockiest. This will only mean they don't sell, therefore am I / was I buying into a "betamax" market with this handset? I really don't know the answer but I have decided to stay put for now.. look at what happens over the next few weeks with BB, then re-appraise the decision to move. Such a shame for BB. If this phone had been in stores, then I would have walked in yesterday and purchased one. As it turns out, I walked into carphonewarehouse and the sales guy literally told me to avoid BB. "The company is dead in the water and will not be around much longer" (his words, not mine). BB are totally up that creak without a paddle if this type of attitude is not addressed..

Here is the email from Clove I got this morning:
    Hello xxxxxx, this order was received too late in the day to be completed yesterday - also we are not holding stock of the Z30 due to low demand.

Actually the order was placed in time and I called them to confirm it would be shipped. I just think they have little interest in the product.. never mind... I have bigger things to worry about than a phone. lol
    Last edited by uktivo; 10-08-13 at 04:11 AM.
    10-08-13 03:47 AM
    Can you let us know if it supports the wireless charging?

Posted using my sexy white Z10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1761
    Since it's confirmed with Verizon in the states, I really hope we get it over here.

Posted via Vader10
    10-09-13 06:01 AM
    10 days since my last post and vodafone uk now starting to sell but thats about it

Posted via cb10 on my z10
    10-15-13 04:15 PM
    Same experience in Newcastle, I didn't find anyone employed by the phone companies who had even heard of the z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:28 PM
    Same here in stoke on Trent. Looked today, even the Vodafone store, no Z30 to be found. Shame I would like to buy one but want to pick one up to check it out first..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-15-13 05:08 PM
31 12