Rule of thumb: don't pay for insurance and take good care of your phone.

This is why a case is a better way to do things. Just my opinion of course.
    Rule of thumb: insurance is worthwhile. Especially on something that can be easily damaged, lost or stolen.
    04-03-14 09:10 AM
    Update.....Asurion ( insurance company Rogers uses) rejected my claim. Why you ask? The phone number and the phone didn't match on their records. The "insured" phone came up as my Q10 and not my Z30. Asurion says the phone number is insured whereas Rogers says the phone is insured.

I call into Rogers yelling and screaming but they tell me that their records show the Z30 as being the insured phone. The customer care rep at Rogers suggested I write into "the office of the president as there's nothing I can do".

Unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:48 AM
    What's your pin? Add me. Pin:333B4D73

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:54 AM
    Update.....Asurion ( insurance company Rogers uses) rejected my claim. Why you ask? The phone number and the phone didn't match on their records. The "insured" phone came up as my Q10 and not my Z30. Asurion says the phone number is insured whereas Rogers says the phone is insured.

I call into Rogers yelling and screaming but they tell me that their records show the Z30 as being the insured phone. The customer care rep at Rogers suggested I write into "the office of the president as there's nothing I can do".

Unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    Thats BS......Rogers should be handling this issue themselves...go to the media immediately.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-07-14 10:54 AM
    I am so sorry.

Loving my Z30!!!!!!!!
    What's your pin? Add me: 333B4D73

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:55 AM
    Yikes, I'm feeling lucky. Ordered a case and shipping took over a month...during that month I dropped my naked z30 three times on ceramic tile floor, once I kicked it mid drop and sent it flying bouncing end over end. Not a scratch each time...no idea how I got so lucky! I just know that now that it's in a case, the next drop will be fatal.

Posted via Z30 on CB10.
    04-07-14 11:06 AM
    AFAIK this is correct. BlackBerry is for now dumping all-touch devices.
    That would be incredibly stupid of them to do.
    04-07-14 11:17 AM

Unbelievable.
    Not really. That's what I told you would happen.
    04-07-14 04:56 PM
    Okay so I had a little experience with this. I've read the terms and conditions and have spoken to someone at assurion. I believe the key here is that the phone needs to be registered for it to be insured. So...I have a z 30 and a q10 but the q10 is what Fido has on record as the phone that's in use. So if I submitted a claim for my z30 I would be out of luck. The q10 no problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 07:45 PM
    Always, always wrap it...protect your tool...haha haha, I never go naked...always have it in a skin...BlackBerry Z30 that is...woo-hoo

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    04-07-14 11:49 PM
    Another update. I went on the Rogers Facebook page and posted an abbreviated version of what happened to my phone. That in turn started a couple DM's back and fourth with me then providing full details. The Rogers rep asked a few questions and said he would escalate the matter and that I would be contacted today. Sure enough, I receive a call this afternoon from Rogers saying they would be sending me a new Z30.

Yay. Done and over with. Still.....what an ordeal.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:57 PM
    Another update. I went on the Rogers Facebook page and posted an abbreviated version of what happened to my phone. That in turn started a couple DM's back and fourth with me then providing full details. The Rogers rep asked a few questions and said he would escalate the matter and that I would be contacted today. Sure enough, I receive a call this afternoon from Rogers saying they would be sending me a new Z30.

Yay. Done and over with. Still.....what an ordeal.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats with your success in getting the PR team frazzled. Sadly its the only way to solve an issue when customer service refuses to be reasonable.

None the less enjoy the Z30 man.
    04-08-14 09:12 PM
    Hey man, it happened with my Z30 too you're not alone my friend. I ordered on Amazon.com the assembly which is really easy to replace. Just unscrew all marked points in the back and it's like plug and play. If you need remote assistance when your assembly arrives in the mail, let me know.

Thanks
    04-08-14 09:29 PM
    Don't bare this baby at the price you paid for it,as you can see its not worth it. when I first got mine I waited till cases became available before I even put this baby to use. I use a nice wallet style case has a nice hard clip in holder for the phone a couple of slots for cash or credit cards the front has what feels to me as foam which protects the screen and it's by far the best when holding the phone for calls and texting. Would never go bare.

My extra extraordinary Z30
    Did you get that case off amazon?

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-09-14 07:50 AM
    Rule of thumb: insurance is worthwhile. Especially on something that can be easily damaged, lost or stolen.
    Considering the cost of insurance over a full contract will essentially cost the same as a phone replacement, I disagree. Depends on the person of course, I take great care of my tools and each person is different.

Posted via my Z30
    Clanked likes this.
    04-09-14 05:10 PM
    Considering the cost of insurance over a full contract will essentially cost the same as a phone replacement, I disagree.
    You pay around $30 per month for device insurance? Wow
    04-09-14 10:43 PM
41 12