Normally I'm so darn careful but my tired, old, hands of stone failed me today. Fortunately I opted for the insurance when I got the phone so we'll see how that process works out when I visit Rogers tomorrow.

Ugh!!! - Look What Happened to my Z30!-img_20140401_164815.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:29 PM
    R.I.P.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:32 PM
    Oh noes!

You should have dropped it in 6 months when the Z50 will be out.

Seriously though, that sucks. Good luck with Rogers.

PS Did you have a case on it, and if so which one?
    04-01-14 08:33 PM
    Both of my cases were nestled safe safely in my desk. Never again will I go naked. Well........

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:40 PM
    So sorry to see this and please keep us posted on the outcome with Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:47 PM
    Oh noes!

You should have dropped it in 6 months when the Z50 will be out.

Seriously though, that sucks. Good luck with Rogers.

PS Did you have a case on it, and if so which one?
    I think all we got are 3 querty coming and NO Z50 FOR NOW. PM me if I am wrong but that the word from Chen.
    04-01-14 08:57 PM
    I was thinking of going naked when I get my Z30 but now I'm second guessing that. Might have to order the otterbox right away. Sorry for your loss. Hope Rogers customer service works out for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:59 PM
    Ouch!

Sorry to see your misfortune. Happy you had insurance.

Good luck.
    04-01-14 09:03 PM
    I am so sorry.

Loving my Z30!!!!!!!!
    04-01-14 09:20 PM
    My stomach turned looking at this.

*pours out a little for the fallen homie*

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:28 AM
    The pain. The pain. My Z30 lives in a case for just that reason.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    04-02-14 05:02 AM
    Don't bare this baby at the price you paid for it,as you can see its not worth it. when I first got mine I waited till cases became available before I even put this baby to use. I use a nice wallet style case has a nice hard clip in holder for the phone a couple of slots for cash or credit cards the front has what feels to me as foam which protects the screen and it's by far the best when holding the phone for calls and texting. Would never go bare.

My extra extraordinary Z30
    04-02-14 06:19 AM
    See photo

Ugh!!! - Look What Happened to my Z30!-img_20140207_104121.jpg

My extra extraordinary Z30
    04-02-14 06:20 AM
    I think all we got are 3 querty coming and NO Z50 FOR NOW. PM me if I am wrong but that the word from Chen.
    AFAIK this is correct. BlackBerry is for now dumping all-touch devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:21 AM
    Moment of silence for the poor phone.

On the brightside, it may take a little bit, but when I had an issue with my z10, it was fairly easily handled by rogers (screen broke on z10 after about a month and a half) So if its the same as it was then, don't you worry! You will have a new z30 by the end of the week
    04-02-14 09:26 AM
    NOOOO!

Good luck with Rogers! Please keep us updated!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 10:15 AM
    So, followed the instructions as per the letter I received from Rogers outlining my insurance coverage. You make a claim online through a website/company called "phoneclaim". Enter the type of phone you had, what happened, date of incident etc etc.

After completing the claim a message pops saying you will be contacted via email with more information. A couple of hours later I receive the email asking me to phone a toll free number. What pleasantly surprised me was that someone picked one the first ring after I pressed #1 for English. So far so good.

The friendly woman on the other end told me that their company would be conducting a "search for air time" which could take up to 5 days. She told me this is to make sure there is ample air time on the phone number in question. I interrupted her right there and explained that the broken phone that is insured (Z30) and the phone number they are looking up aren't going to match. This is when the pleasantries stopped.

See, I use a Q10 for work and the Rogers sim card provided to me when I got the Z30 now sits in the Q10. I use the Q10 for work emails only, no air time. The Q10 sim card had all of my personal stuff and is in my Z30, which I use for everything else but work. Q10 for work and Z30 for personal. Confusing I know but that's the way I chose to do things.

Anyway, the lady told me that this would most likely void my protection as they insure the phone number, not the phone. What?? I was quite taken aback by this comment because it sounded ludicrous. I didn't buy insurance to protect the damn number, I bought it to protect my Z30!!

So to you, fine members of Crackberry nation, does this seem right to you? What am I missing here? Why insure the number and not the phone? I plan on raining down hell's fury if they do not replace my phone because I switched sim cards. Oh boy do I ever.

Apologies for the novella.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-02-14 12:26 PM
    Anything to get out of paying off for a claim. If there was a way they only cover the phone if you drop it WHILE having your left forefinger up your right nostril.....they would do it.

Scream up the chain bud, and loudly..........

c
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-02-14 02:18 PM
    Anything to get out of paying off for a claim. If there was a way they only cover the phone if you drop it WHILE having your left forefinger up your right nostril.....they would do it.

Scream up the chain bud, and loudly..........

c
    Your "If there was a way..." explanation was perfect. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 10:58 PM
    Ouch! * can't look *

Posting on the great Z30
    04-03-14 01:17 AM
    Can you clarify please? Which device did you purchase under your number?
    04-03-14 01:37 AM
    Can you clarify please? Which device did you purchase under your number?
    I purchased the Z30 under a number I don't use and popped the sim card for the number I do use into the Z30. The number I don't use is for an old curve which I got rid of when I got the Z30 and it's the curve the insurance company is saying is protected which is totally ridiculous. Why would I have purchased the insurance on a phone I was getting rid of?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:57 AM
    I purchased the Z30 under a number I don't use and popped the sim card for the number I do use into the Z30. The number I don't use is for an old curve which I got rid of when I got the Z30 and it's the curve the insurance company is saying is protected which is totally ridiculous. Why would I have purchased the insurance on a phone I was getting rid of?
    Logic would dictate only the device you purchased from the carrier would be insured (or whatever was activated when you added the insurance). Anything you activate afterwards wouldn't be covered unless the original purchaser had insurance and it could be transferrable to you.

Therefore, if you inserted your sim into a different phone you shouldn't expect that phone to be covered.

I could be wrong though.
    04-03-14 08:15 AM
    My experience 2 years ago:

I dropped my BlackBerry Bold 9650 in a puddle of water...

I didn't have any other phone to make phone calls with, so using my mom's cell, I called US Cellular to activate my previous phone before the Bold (an old Moto Razr) I then used said RAZR to call US Cellular to initiate the claim for the broken phone insurance.

A day later, the claim was denied because the insurance company had my RAZR as the phone activated on the account at the time of making the claim. I called and spoke with various supervisors, all which still denied the claim because my RAZR was the phone on file, not the bold. I explained time and time again that I had to change my cell to an old one so that I had a phone to make the claim in the first place.

Long story short, I took the bold in to a US cellular store and they honored the $100 deductible for a new bold from the back of their store. Give it up for Us Cell customer service.

I'd recommend speaking with Rogers if the insurance company denies the claim.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:00 AM
    Rule of thumb: don't pay for insurance and take good care of your phone.

This is why a case is a better way to do things. Just my opinion of course.

Hope it works out for you

Posted via my Z30
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-03-14 09:08 AM
41 12