I read quite often that people have two phones and use them alternatively.

I own an awesome Z30 and a Z10... I just don't seem to use the Z10 at all anymore. I don't see how and why I would use both although I still really like the Z10.

I only use the Z10 now as a "dumb phone" when I travel and buy a local sim card but that is really not an honest usage of a good device.

Anybody out there have some insight on a good used case for me to use both or else I might need to offload this Z10.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.2.1
    01-18-14 12:07 AM
    Are you planning to sell it?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:18 AM
    I usually keep an older device as a back up phone in case something happens to my current one. Right now I have a 9630 that has a current back up of contacts on it. Every few months I put the battery in, charge it up, and add any new contacts if need be. Should something happen to my Z10, I have a device ready to take its place without having to restore anything. When I get a replacement for the Z10, I can backup my 9630 and put it back onto the new device.

I think there's some folks around here with multiple BB10 devices will use them for various things from being a leaked OS test dummy or as a WiFi-only media consumption device -- movies, web-browsing, music, games, etc.

If you don't have a use for it, or don't care to keep it as a ready-to-go backup device, I'd just sell it.
    Theilio likes this.
    01-18-14 12:37 AM
    Always always have a backup phone. Carrier temporary replacement phones are Eek!

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    geekaren and Theilio like this.
    01-18-14 12:47 AM
    Well you have a few options:
    Using it as a backup phone. Bad things can happen quite fast and by surprise, you Z30 might suffer from an accident or a simple hardware malfunction and requires repair. You'll have to send it in and live without it for a couple of weeks. Having the Z10 as a replacement would be an ease of mind.

Using it as a device for travelling. When on holiday or going out the weekend nights, losing the Z30 would certainly hurt more than losing the Z10.

Besides that, I don't really see a reason to keep the Z10 at all. Unless you'd like to get a second contract/SIM for whatever reason and like to have a decent phone for it.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Theilio likes this.
    01-18-14 12:51 AM
    If you sell it I want it

Not your typical blackberry user
    Gatmyer likes this.
    01-18-14 01:13 AM
    I am in the same boat as you, OP. I don't know what to do with my Z10 now that I've picked up the Z30.

One thing I did think was to sell the Z10 and get a Q10 instead as I see no use for having 2 touchscreen devices. Then I was planning on using and testing out all of the different network providers sim cards on the 2nd phone (one after the other) to test out which network is best in the areas I regularly travel in. But this is because vodafone UK isn't so great in my area so I need to figure out which network is the best before my contract runs out so that I can make the switch.

Posted via CB10
    Theilio likes this.
    01-19-14 04:23 AM
    Apologies for the late reaction to your great suggestions.

I did indeed use my spare Z10 (sounds more posh then I mean) while I was travelling to Europe last month with local Sim Card. It was quite nice to have spare / local phone with known, loved and trusted OS.

I do feel indeed that suggestion to trade it for a Q10 would be my best option. I gave my wife a white Q10 and I must admit that I would love to have a Q10 myself besides my Z30 to do some good old email hammering on a keyboard.
    I will see where I could make that exchange.

Thanks for all the good comments / suggestions.

01-28-14 07:37 PM
    I read quite often that people have two phones and use them alternatively.

I own an awesome Z30 and a Z10... I just don't seem to use the Z10 at all anymore. I don't see how and why I would use both although I still really like the Z10.

I only use the Z10 now as a "dumb phone" when I travel and buy a local sim card but that is really not an honest usage of a good device.

Anybody out there have some insight on a good used case for me to use both or else I might need to offload this Z10.

Thanks!

I see no need to keep it except as a backup device

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    01-28-14 07:46 PM
    Apologies for the late reaction to your great suggestions.

I did indeed use my spare Z10 (sounds more posh then I mean) while I was travelling to Europe last month with local Sim Card. It was quite nice to have spare / local phone with known, loved and trusted OS.

I do feel indeed that suggestion to trade it for a Q10 would be my best option. I gave my wife a white Q10 and I must admit that I would love to have a Q10 myself besides my Z30 to do some good old email hammering on a keyboard.
    I will see where I could make that exchange.

Thanks for all the good comments / suggestions.

That might be interesting. Honestly if they could make it so you could use multiple devices with 1 BBID (which is how it should be) then you can have almost like your dedicated BBM wifi device haha

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    01-28-14 07:47 PM
    Might as well jeep it as a backup. I really love the build of the Z10. The look of it to me is really classy. Unfortunately I hate it so much because of its awful battery life.
    01-28-14 09:16 PM
    Might as well jeep it as a backup. I really love the build of the Z10. The look of it to me is really classy. Unfortunately I hate it so much because of its awful battery life.
    Yes I agree that Z10 is also, besides my Z30, a beautiful device. Even in weekend I sometimes swap from Z30 to my Z10.

Is battery life still bad with today's OS update? I have the 1925 leak only on my Z10 and it seems already so much better than when I bought it.

01-28-14 09:41 PM
    Yes I agree that Z10 is also, besides my Z30, a beautiful device. Even in weekend I sometimes swap from Z30 to my Z10.

Is battery life still bad with today's OS update? I have the 1925 leak only on my Z10 and it seems already so much better than when I bought it.

It never really improved for me. I went through a couple phones and several batteries trying to get a fix for it but it just wasn't up to par for me.
    01-28-14 09:43 PM
    It never really improved for me. I went through a couple phones and several batteries trying to get a fix for it but it just wasn't up to par for me.
    Ok noted. I think it is a lot better than the beginning but I also have two extra batteries for it and the battery charger so...when I trouble...I just do a battery switch ;-).

ajst222 likes this.
    01-28-14 10:42 PM