Twitter app no longer working this morning. Password no longer recognised, just like Yahoo did previously

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 12:36 AM
    09-18-19 12:00 PM
    Yes I read it will no longer work on BlackBerry 10. That's on Twitter's end no longer supporting BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    09-18-19 02:05 PM
    try Twitter lite apk. I don't know which android version are required.

I used Twitter every day on my Leap. annoying. every native app dies slowly
    09-18-19 03:20 PM

Shouldn't come as a surprise given the OS and relevant services are surely but surely being sunset.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 12:46 PM
    Try the Neatly app in BlackBerry World. I've tried all of the Twitter apps in BB World (Twitter Lite, Tweetian, Tweetify, Twitty 10, Twittly, and Tweetbot), and this one is head and shoulders above the rest-- all the others freeze of kick you out. Neatly isn't quite 100% there, but it's the best app remaining. Of course, you can always access the Twitter site via the browser.
    09-21-19 03:23 PM

Hey Kommandant,

This is actually Twitter's fault, not Blackberry's. They have actively blocked the BB10 app at this point. As far as Blackberry Limited is concerned we should keep using native apps as much as we want--they are supporting the services.

But yes, definitely annoying!
    09-30-19 09:43 PM
    Hey Kommandant,

This is actually Twitter's fault, not Blackberry's. They have actively blocked the BB10 app at this point. As far as Blackberry Limited is concerned we should keep using native apps as much as we want--they are supporting the services.

But yes, definitely annoying!
    Why does it matter whose "fault" it is?

Twitter, LinkedIn, OneDrive, DropBox, Box, WhatsApp, Evernote, Facebook, etc, etc all dropped BB10 support for their own business reasons. It is what it is.
    09-30-19 09:52 PM
    Why does it matter whose "fault" it is?

Twitter, LinkedIn, OneDrive, DropBox, Box, WhatsApp, Evernote, Facebook, etc, etc all dropped BB10 support for their own business reasons. It is what it is.
    In order to avoid misinformation about the source of the problem. Some people care about that sort of thing. If you don't that's fine, but that's why it matters.

By the way, all the services you mentioned can still be accessed via BB10 devices. However, Twitter, Box, and Facebook actively blocked BB10 native app access.
    09-30-19 10:05 PM
    In order to avoid misinformation about the source of the problem. Some people care about that sort of thing. If you don't that's fine, but that's why it matters.

By the way, all the services you mentioned can still be accessed via BB10 devices. However, Twitter, Box, and Facebook actively blocked BB10 native app access.
    The APIs for Facebook and the cloud drive apps were deprecated.
    09-30-19 10:15 PM

Remember that i don’t get caught up in most of the reasons or “drama” of the support drop. I’m logic based and probably have undiagnosed ADHD too.

What does the source of dropped support matter since in many instances, two sides are intertwined and decision may be more of timing. I’m more interested with first party solutions and whether they exist. When the support is dropped, is there a reason why I should care in the case of BB10 or similar who chose first? It’s more chicken and egg to me. Just curious what I’m missing.
    09-30-19 10:38 PM
    Try the Neatly app in BlackBerry World. I've tried all of the Twitter apps in BB World (Twitter Lite, Tweetian, Tweetify, Twitty 10, Twittly, and Tweetbot), and this one is head and shoulders above the rest-- all the others freeze of kick you out. Neatly isn't quite 100% there, but it's the best app remaining. Of course, you can always access the Twitter site via the browser.
    Found this thread using search. Am looking for a Twitter client that works. Hootsuite is not working, haven't been able to get Alleppo, & there are many I have not tried yet. But on your commendation am trying out Neatly, & while I like the look and feel of the app, it has some bugs. Cannot seem to make any headway opening my profile. Tried using the "P" keyboard shortcut as suggested on the help screen but that only seems to refresh the timeline or something. Similarly, pressing "D" does not load any of my recent Direct Messaging. What to do?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-19 11:16 AM
    Aha! Suddenly "P" has decided to work. Will report back after I put Neatly through its paces

Posted via CB10
    10-03-19 11:18 AM
    Also (and I hate to use this term) Swiping Right off the main screen should get you to a very nice and sort-of-hidden interface. Like I said, Neatly is far from perfect, but it's the best of what's left.
    10-06-19 12:35 PM
    Yep I got busy and forgot to check in but have to say so far so fair -- I agree with you. Have to try that swipe right think now. (& why do you hate to use the term if I may ask?)

Posted via CB10
    10-06-19 01:13 PM
    Guess we canny expect too many bug fixes or updates hey?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-19 01:14 PM
    10-06-19 09:38 PM
    10-07-19 09:41 AM
    BLAQ is still working and I find it a much better twitter client with push support for favourite twitter accounts
    10-12-19 03:18 AM
    BLAQ is still working and I find it a much better twitter client with push support for favourite twitter accounts
    Hmmm might have to try that. Forgot about it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-12-19 09:21 AM